» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 83 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:44 pm

Just a personal opinion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Just a personal opinion

Post by Saiyan Prince on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:19 pm

I won't hold any delusions that the movie is going to be a lot like the Manga/anime and in it's own right, it is impossible. They can't make this a completely true redition of the original story....

OK this is really starting to piss me off.....WTF are you talking about, just look at Hellboy 1 and 2 you have all kinds of creatures running around and lets not talk about special effects which are great...It looks like nothing is impossible especially at this time with this tehnology!!!Its just about Fox they didnt do theyr job right and thats it!! Shitty movie company + shitty
director + shitty actors = shitty movie
Saiyan Prince
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:19 pm

^ Hehe...another victim of his gibberish. Smile
No, no, no, Saiyan Prince, you don't understand- He is willing to bend a little...XD
Well, at least he's polite...always a pleasure to see you Stryyder...

Unconditional love ftw! (Heroes Uprising)
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:24 pm

Stryyder wrote:Hey, me again. Not going to pick a fight, just an observance. While Toei currently has the rights to the Dragonball franchise, as the creator Toriyama still has creative control over it. For any company to do a movie containing any character, name, title, or likeness to the franchise they would have had to get permission from both the franchise owner and the creator. As such, at any time the creator or franchise owner can rescind those rights if they don't agree with the end product. This is a matter of law. If Toriyama or Toei disagreed with how this movie has been made they have full rights to sue the production company.

Man you just made me happy for second... Very Happy you actually gave me hope, thanx!

Yes there is a BIG difference between RIGHTS and LICENSE... when you sell the license = you are screwed, they can rape it, piss it, destroy it AND EVEN MAKE THE FOX ADAPTATION ON IT(that's the highest possible level of franchise destruction of course Very Happy) but you don't have anything more to do with that franchise...
But fortunately only TOEI and Toryiama Akira sama own the full license, and Shueisha hold the Jap dub for games license if I am right or something like that...
Then we have FUNimation which holds rights for their dub, Bandai for hames and etc...

And giving the rights is something that fortunately can be sued, but I am not sure how and when, but I'll definitely ask my sister, she studies that.

My AMV
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stryyder on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:35 pm

Thanks Ningen. And to Saiyan Prince, you are truly talking apples to oranges. Hellboy is a dark comic series, that lends itself to adaptation. At it's core DB/Z is a fairy tale-ish, light-hearted tale that really can be for all ages, but truthfully is rather corny as writing goes. That is indeed part of the charm that has kept it a winner for over 20 years but that does not translate to blockbuster movies. Fox aimed for an early teen to young adult demographic, not a family movie, and thus they had to alter it to 1) appeal to common non-anime fans, and 2) conform to modern times in the ways of dress, speech and life. They weren't going to just make a movie that hard core fans would get, but no one else would, because they would spend millions of dollars on a movie that a limited audience would go and see. I understand that the general opinion around here is that hollywood studios are money grubbers, but the truth is you HAVE to turn a profit in some way, you CAN'T make a movie that you KNOW will lose money just to appease a handful of fans. However, we've been through that argument so I'll step down from that soapbox before we get another flurry of flames.

And DTX, you may have misunderstood my last post. If Toei or Toriyama didn't like something that Fox did with the movie, they could have sued them, or if Fox had done the movie without them knowing. The fact is, with the fact that widespread media has been shown about this movie then Toriyama has given it his blessing. As fans WE can not sue someone for giving the rights to a property to someone else.

One example may be that Toriyama is intrigued to see what can be done with his story, how it can be changed and expanded. It's not uncommon at all for an artist to seek out another artist or studio to take their interpretation of an owned property. That's pretty much what Toriyama did with GT (bad example though, considering how it bombed.) It happens in music as well. Madonna did a version of Don McLean's classic song "American Pie" I thought it sounded like techno-pop drivel but McLean actually enjoyed her take on it, he even said he considered it the "Spiritual Version" of his song. 1970 and 80s contemporary rocker Billy Joel allowed Garth Brooks to do a version of his song "Shameless" in a country tone and has even appeared on stage with him to sing it a few times.

My point is, try not to assume that Akira Toriyama doesn't like the movie. As an artist he is open to many different interpretations of the same source material, including his own and he may be actually anxious to see a finished project.

Stryyder
Just Born Saiyan
Just Born Saiyan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:16 am

Fox aimed for an early teen to young adult demographic, not a family movie, and thus they had to alter it to 1) appeal to common non-anime fans, and 2) conform to modern times in the ways of dress, speech and life. They weren't going to just make a movie that hard core fans would get, but no one else would, because they would spend millions of dollars on a movie that a limited audience would go and see.
Well, yes. We all agree on that, that is clearly visible. Fans won't like it. And I just don't see how could others. Yes there is that high-school thing and some of them can relate to that. And there would be some action so some might be drawn by that. But in the end they spent millions of dollars on a movie that no one would like. In the sea of other action or trashy pop culture movies this one will soon be forgotten. Using just a popular name and spending millions of dollars just to create some trendy, worthless, uninspiring abomination...we will see if that brings them as much profit as they hope. If I put myself in a place of a person which doesn't know much about DB and goes to watch this movie I just can't imagine other reaction than:"I just wasted my time and money".
GT is watchable. And Toriyama was a bit involved in it.
I don't know what is he thinking about this movie, but when it comes to different interpretations...there is nothing that can be related to the source material, I just can't consider this move to be an interpretation of a DB, haha I'm sry I'm trying but no, this movie has nothing to do with the DB.

ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:03 pm

Stryyder wrote:And to Saiyan Prince, you are truly talking apples to oranges.

And that is what you are getting with this film, apples for oranges.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominicus on Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:50 am

VEGETA_DTX wrote:

And the second proof - No trustworthy site has announced that anyone gave rights to Fox. And that interview where "Akira Toriyama wanted too much control and got the boot" is considered as fake rumor since 2006 or 2007.

that was reported on Adultswim channel in 04, and a link to fox that has since been removed. I actually seen the report with an Akira shot when they were working together. Then the reports of Akira being told he was not needed. Biggest reason I thought this project was dead, and why I turned away from it. That did happen, also showing that held no grudge with American fans and went to an NYC anime convention, and since then that project was scrapped. So, no one really connects the two. This new version had nothing to do with the previous scripts, actors ect; I think because delays and set-backs they’re shaky on rights now, which is way the rush on this film, otherwise they’d have to shell out more money for more renewals and get the shit taxed out of them. They have some rights, though not exclusive. And they’re losing money even now. That’s why I won’t support this film, I hope it fails miserably. I will however support the Hanna Montana movie and take my nieces just in spite to take away sales, attention, and promos.
Dominicus
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:11 pm

Also to Stryder, I am (or was) planning back to return to liveactionanime but with a different account (not the Appeal one) and just to post a message to all of you over there.

I was going to place an extensive message on just why do you support this movie if it goes against everything DB is meant to be? Also to please let me clear my name by unbanning both my Tlaloc account and my IP with the intention that I will never post again so I can stay out of trouble (we still don't know if the hacker was from laa).

But now as I am better treated here, my guess is that there is no need for that. I would also appologize to Priscilla for the gross things they said to her, but no way will I stop being mad at her for saying that it was good I got banned.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:28 pm

Oh and Stryyker, WE WERE F*CK*NG RIGHT AND YOU AND YOUR POSER FRIENDS WERE F*CK*NG WRONG ON THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS A FRAUD!!!!!!!

TELL JAKE AKA SHANKS TO SUCK IT AND TO COME OVER HERE!!!!!!

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:57 pm

Why do I hate the movie? Well, seeing as you don't seem to have read the many posts we've made about why we hate the film, I'll post a few;

1) The total raping and bastardisation of the Dragonball name. This film has nothing to do with Dragonball. Fox just tried to make some easy money by making a lame half arsed teenage drama and slapping Dragonball on the cover. It doesn't work that way. And the ‘Evolution’ is insanely misplaced. What is there to do with evolution in the entire movie? Nothing. What evolves? Nothing. The only good thing about the name "Dragonball Evolution" is that we can differentiate this stinker from proper Dragonball.

2) Justin Chatwin's "Goku". What can I say, this was one of the biggest insults I have ever seen in my life. Justin Chatwin is a scrawny little man who doesn't look intimidating at all, has NO muscle mass whatsoever and he looks like he's just snorted a shit load of cocaine. He is everything that Goku isn't. He tries to cheat, wants to get the girl, wants to fit in, wants to make out, doesn't want to fight... need I go on? Chatwin also said that he "tried to insert/inject a little of himself into this character", but what he didn't say was that he would be playing himself. His hair is short and brown. His orange gi looks like failed cosplay at its worst. The fact that I've seen unofficial cosplayers that look more like Goku than Chatwin does is just sad. Oh, and of course we can't forget about the classic "I'm not ready for this..." line. I don't give a shit if it was cut from the finished film, he still said it.

3) The special effects. What can I say, they were a complete mess. Take a look at that fight between Chow Yun Fat and Chatwin. Instead of taking the time to actually try and make it look like how they fought in Dragonball, they instead copied the Matrix. The way the character’s arms for example, move is exactly the same as how Neo, Morpheus and the others in the Matrix moved. And that final "battle" between Chatwin and Marsters as the non existent Piccolo at the end. There's loads of red and blue flashing on the screen, as if the special effects people were just trying to give people epileptic seizures. And don't even get me started on the dreadful Oozaru Transformation scene. They kept on cutting away so that they could skip ahead with the transformation. The fact that the special effects in say... Terminator 2 looked much much MUCH better than this turd is just laughable.

4) The Kamehameha. What the f**k happened here!? The Kamehameha translates to Turtle Destruction Wave, yet in the film, it is used to bring people back to life and light lanterns. They also tried to refer to it as “Airbending”. Seems they forgot it was Dragonball they were destroying and put Avatar the Last Airbender references into the script, then when they found out they just thought “Oh sod it, nobody will know!”

And believe me, there is a TON more wrong with this film. A lot more reasons why myself and many other people hate it, but to type it all out would require the next 5 years of my life.

This film was a straight up disaster. Both as a Dragonball “adaption” and as a stand alone film.

Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:27 pm

Nikku wrote:...he looks like he's just snorted a shit load of cocaine.

I wouldn't be surprised that he is a damn drogo.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:34 am

Tlaloc wrote:Oh and Stryyker, WE WERE F*CK*NG RIGHT AND YOU AND YOUR POSER FRIENDS WERE F*CK*NG WRONG ON THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS A FRAUD!!!!!!!

Hahaha, yeah, you hear that stryyder- "The fans were right all along."
I guess the one that stayed in the dark is you and those alike.

ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:31 am

ningen wrote:
Tlaloc wrote:Oh and Stryyker, WE WERE F*CK*NG RIGHT AND YOU AND YOUR POSER FRIENDS WERE F*CK*NG WRONG ON THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS A FRAUD!!!!!!!

Hahaha, yeah, you hear that stryyder- "The fans were right all along."
I guess the one that stayed in the dark is you and those alike.

His real name is John Galietta III.

This is his myspace.

This is him in Youtube.

This is him in facebook.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by secor on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:14 pm

to stryyder, who may never even come back to this forum:

u say its okay to change a movie so that it appeals to a wider audience
i say, how thin do u think the dbz fan audience is? also, audiences embrace plenty weird things, dbz isnt just completely unable to grasp, i kno anybody who watched a movie worthy of the name dragonball wouldnt get it automatically, but isnt that the challenge of the people who made the movie? whats the goal here? to make a dragonball movie or to make money?

so i guess thats my ultimate question, why make a movie so distinctly different from dragonball and still call it and even claim that its dragonball? why not call it shadowball? and change the characters names? why do u have to make me all excited saying that ur gonna make a dragonball movie n then u go n completely fail to meet my expectations?

u make a movie based on other material FOR the fans of that original material right? so then why make a movie like dragonball and not even try to please the fans?

im against this movie for all these unanswered questions, nobody can please me with an answer to these questions, because the answer is simple, they wanted to reach a wider audience than the dragonball audience, expecting that they could somehow if they used its name (dont ask me) for the reason of making money, not entertainment.

if u dont get it by now then ur just thick.

i did ask...
secor
the portmanteauist
the portmanteauist

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4Neodemon on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:00 am

I totally agree with Secor Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
4Neodemon
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:26 am

See Stryyder, you were wrong all the time! You tried to hide it that you were being mature and all, but you are just a stupid asshole!

I hope we ban you from life since you are nothing more than a, well something and so your little buddies from liveactionanime who loved this sorry excuse of a film.

You fail Stryyder, you fail.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX on Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:23 am

Woops I almost blamed the wrong person...
I confused Stryyder with that cyberrider or cyberwhatever for a sec...

But sure Stryyder as well had kinda unstable opinion, since his last post is full of statements that I fully disagree with...but oh well...if he's another DBE supporter he will know himself that this is unfortunately not a place for him, as the rules of the forum say :/

My AMV
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:16 pm

LOL, he hasn't come back because he knows we are right; despite his pseudomaure attitude!

Laughing Laughing

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:28 pm

I am waiting Stryyder.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Knight on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:20 pm

hahaha he'll never be back
Vampire Knight
Super Saiyan!
Super Saiyan!

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Stryyder, you are made of fail. Now with krillinfan on our side, we can beat you and your silly little friends!

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Venus on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:08 pm

i only read the beginnin of this topic...ok i saw the movie hopin it would be better than what ppl said but it was beyond worse. i mean it was worse than...practically almost every movie ive ever seen. No wonder there was like only two ppl in the theater. *_* it was enuf 2 puke.
Venus
Super Saiyan!
Super Saiyan!

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content