Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
1st Q&A session - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

1st Q&A session

+9
Presvi
secor
4Neodemon
ningen
sonaditya
Tlaloc
lol1991
Ha!
VEGETA_DTX
13 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

1st Q&A session - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Q&A session

Post by lol1991 Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:59 am

MrGenkiDama wrote:Holy fail. I have so many problems with almost EVERYTHING said in this thread. I mean everything.

The points suck. The comebacks are worse. The reasoning is whack. The overuse of the words "Rape" and "Fake Fan" are horrid and wow... I can't stand this thread. Opening up a question and answer section was a bad idea. No one but the members at this forum can win, no opinions can really be changed, this is indeed to the "flame bait" section of the forum.

But whatever, I'm not gonna try to argue with anyone that has posted here. I'll keep my opinions to myself.

Our points, reasoning and comebacks are anything but bad. Well, the comebacks maybe, but the other things no.

We make our points, we argue them as best as we can. You don't agree with us, then it's not like anyone is forcing you to keep looging on.

And finally, when we say "rape" it's not literal, and sometimes we do use it a bit to much. I for one don't, but that's me.

On the fake-fan thing, I can understand it offends people. But it's not as if people that support the movie don't offend us.
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
1st Q&A session - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/1001st Q&A session - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eytinge Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:58 pm

You have HORRIBLE taste in movies if you think this movie is good. There is no excuse for that MrGenkiDama. This movie is worse than street fighter.

Eytinge
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrGenkiDama Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:47 pm

Eytinge wrote:You have HORRIBLE taste in movies if you think this movie is good. There is no excuse for that MrGenkiDama. This movie is worse than street fighter.
Tatse in movies are opinions. None are right over anyone else's. It's not like I enjoy every bad movie that comes out after all. Haha, there's my excuse! No, just kidding. Also, I agree, Street Fighter was much better than Dragonball Evolution, then again, I had fun watching Street Fighter. It was hilarious B-Movie material.
MrGenkiDama
MrGenkiDama
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
1st Q&A session - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/1001st Q&A session - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

https://www.youtube.com/mrgenkidama

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:51 am

Holy fail. I have so many problems with almost EVERYTHING said in this thread. I mean everything.

The points suck. The comebacks are worse. The reasoning is whack. The overuse of the words "Rape" and "Fake Fan" are horrid and wow... I can't stand this thread. Opening up a question and answer section was a bad idea. No one but the members at this forum can win, no opinions can really be changed, this is indeed to the "flame bait" section of the forum.

But whatever, I'm not gonna try to argue with anyone that has posted here. I'll keep my opinions to myself.
Its absurd how no previous post contained insults, flame baselesness and not explained thoughts, till this one, yet you gave all those attributes to all the posts except yours.

No offense, this is just my honest view on this your act(sorry if I'm wrong) - you sound to me like a little child who is realizing that we are actually perfectly right, and we have perfect valid explanations based on NOTHING ELSE but pure healthy logical reasoning, and that we also have very good comparisons but yo are so desperate in attempt to deny it all somehow and then not knowing what to do you just downgrade it and insult it instead of actually trying to express your opinion nicely and tolerantly and trying to actually prove us that we are wrong, just as we DID prove that many DBE supporters are perfectly contradicting to their words.

Thanks.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:00 am

I agree with the first sentence of your last post, but its not about how much is it good as a MOVIE(because then SEEK FOR SOME MOVIE, don't seek for DB MOVIE), its about how good it is as a DRAGON BALL.
And as we've already concluded many times DBE IS NOT DB AT ALL.

And not that it is NOT Dragon Ball at all by any way, shape or form, nor by any law sense or logic, but it is also CONTRADICTING to all that DB stands for and preaches all these years.
THAT'S why its absurd and self-contradicting to call yourself a DB fan and support DBE.

Thanks.

Last edited by VEGETA_DTX on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eytinge Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:06 am

VEGETA_DTX wrote:
Holy fail. I have so many problems with almost EVERYTHING said in this thread. I mean everything.

Its absurd how no previous post contained insults, flame baselesness and not explained thoughts, till this one, yet you gave all those attributes to all the posts except yours.

No offense, this is just my honest view on this your act(sorry if I'm wrong) - you sound to me like a little child who is realizing that we are actually perfectly right, and we have perfect valid explanations based on NOTHING ELSE but pure healthy logical reasoning, and that we also have very good comparisons but yo are so desperate in attempt to deny it all somehow and then not knowing what to do you just downgrade it and insult it instead of actually trying to express your opinion nicely and tolerantly and trying to actually prove us that we are wrong, just as we DID prove that many DBE supporters are perfectly contradicting to their words.

Thanks.

he is only a 14 year old kid that makes sense now. hes not old enough to know what is a good movie. Laughing Razz

Eytinge
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:11 am

Eytinge, I have to disagree(and if he was disrespectful to this thread our posts, opinions and us, don't be same as him please Wink)
There is no such thing as bad or good taste, everybody have their own tastes.

But it is not about how good DBE is as a movie, its about how good it is as a DB, like I've already said tons of times.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by MrGenkiDama Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:12 am

Eytinge wrote:he is only a 14 year old kid that makes sense now. hes not old enough to know what is a good movie. Laughing Razz
I'm 15. Get your facts straight. Honestly, I could probably do more USEFUL things than you could ever do with movies. Just because I'm young doesn't mean "I don't know what a good movie is". That's age discrimination sir. I probably know how to make a better movie than Stephan Chow! I take that as a big insult actually, I love editing and directing movies, in fact I go to film camp for it. Everyone's allowed one or two guilty pleasure movies.

Honestly, wasn't there a "don't be mean to users" rule here? I wasn't attacking you man.
MrGenkiDama
MrGenkiDama
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:33 am

Agreed for the age.

Honestly, wasn't there a "don't be mean to users" rule here? I wasn't attacking you man.
While I agree he reacted quick and rude, I also want to point you out your first post in this topic, which started it all:

This is pretty rude and disrespectful TO EVERYONE who have posted in this topic if you ask me.

So I suggest both of you to take it easy and be friendly, if we all share the same vision of this protest then why arguing Very Happy? don't get it?

Also MrGenkiDama, I want to mention(PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) but I sense you are all for this movie and its sequels, I mean is it just me but I noticed you being on dbthemovie.com and supporting the movie, and coming in this thread bashing it fully with all our posts and opinions...
That to me looks like someone who is obviously secretly all for the movie...

Again sorry if I am wrong but I seriously need to know whats the deal? cause if you read the rules you know that this community is intended only for those who are AGAINST Dragon Ball Evolution, its sequels and any further franchise spawned by that awful exploitative blasphemy.

So again, please don't feel like you're someone surrounded and attacked by people with the opinions opposing to yours, who want to smother you, discriminate you and bully you, that's something you'll NEVER get from us. You should just feel as someone who is still unclear with his opinion on this movie...cause we really NEED TO KNOW THAT, rules of this forum require us to know that from all members.
Being here in this topic as a guest is perfectly right cause this topic and section is intended for it, but being our member and supporting DBE is against our point and rules. I hope you understand me and I wait you're explanation on it.

Thank you.

Last edited by VEGETA_DTX on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:47 am; edited 2 times in total
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by MrGenkiDama Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:40 am

I'll quote what I said in another thread:
It wasn't Dragonball. It bared, basically no resemblence to Dragonball whatsoever. I am pissed at Fox that they screwed up this version of Dragonball-- BUT... and it's a big but, I couldn't help myself having fun at the movie. Since I wasn't expecting it to be Dragonball, I didn't nitpick at everything. I laughed when there was a joke and then I also laughed when it wasn't supposed to be a joke (so the whole movie). I enjoyed the short as hell final fight and overall, the movie granted me entertainment and fun. Allbeit, B-Movie entertainment and fun.
It wasn't Dragonball, it failed at adapting it. It sucked hard balls as a Dragonball movie. But it made me chuckle and I had fun (I took my brother with me because he loves Dragonball Z) and we had fun. Any harm done? No. As a movie I'd rate it 3/5. As a Dragonball adaptation it does get a 1/5.

Fair enough? I visit that forum because of the people. We're a community over there and I can't just turn my back on them can I? We're still fellow fans. I don't backstab.

Thanks for reading. Also, sorry for coming off rude.
MrGenkiDama
MrGenkiDama
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:56 am

BUT HOW CAN YOU ENJOY IN SOMETHING THAT RUINS DB!

I mean nobody thinks you should be all extreme about it as myself for example, but man... I mean... you were entertained by something that directly dumps on everything that DB presents?
That just shows to me that you are not much of a DB fan, no offense that is my conclusion, you are obviously much bigger fan of movies than fan of DB.
But ok...

Look, to clear all this confusion, we should just simply perform our good old test Very Happy

Here:
ARE YOU FOR THE DRAGON BALL EVOLUTION SEQUELS OR ANY FURTHER FRANCHISE BASED ON DRAGON BALL EVOLUTION?

As simple as that Very Happy that should decide if you are part of us or not.
if YES, sorry but you'll have to leave *shrug*, if NO, your in.

If YES still respect you as a person(though no respect as a DB fan, sorry :/).
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by MrGenkiDama Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:08 pm

VEGETA_DTX wrote:BUT HOW CAN YOU ENJOY IN SOMETHING THAT RUINS DB!

I mean nobody thinks you should be all extreme about it as myself for example, but man... I mean... you were entertained by something that directly dumps on everything that DB presents?
That just shows to me that you are not much of a DB fan, no offense that is my conclusion, you are obviously much bigger fan of movies than fan of DB.
But ok...

Look, to clear all this confusion, we should just simply perform our good old test Very Happy

Here:
ARE YOU FOR THE DRAGON BALL EVOLUTION SEQUELS OR ANY FURTHER FRANCHISE BASED ON DRAGON BALL EVOLUTION?

I can enjoy it because it isn't Dragonball, also nothing can ruin Dragonball, it'll always be great, no matter what hits it. I didn't think of it as Dragonball. If I did want to think it as Dragonball then I would've left the theatre. But I didn't, I watched it and concluded, I just watch "EVOLUTION". No Dragonball, it's just called "EVOLUTION". Haha.

Anyways:
I'm not up for more shitty Dragonball treatment. If Paramount picked it up with Stephan Chow as director, I'd be all for a reboot. So, NO.

Also, I am a bigger movie fan than a Dragonball fan, mainly because there's always more movie stuff than Dragonaball stuff. But I am still a HUGE fan of Dragonball, though I am (like many people) more excited to see tons of new blockbuster movies than play a new Dragonball game.
MrGenkiDama
MrGenkiDama
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:07 pm

^ Hello, I just want to say that your first post in this thread really made me laugh. Dammit, you should suggest that we lock this "useless" topic, that would really made my day. But I have to delete it since it brings nothing constructive to this discussion. I also advise you to stop trying to insult mods here. If you have any complaint send us a PM or contact administrator.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eytinge Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:24 pm

VEGETA_DTX wrote:Eytinge, I have to disagree(and if he was disrespectful to this thread our posts, opinions and us, don't be same as him please Wink)
There is no such thing as bad or good taste, everybody have their own tastes.

But it is not about how good DBE is as a movie, its about how good it is as a DB, like I've already said tons of times.
Vegeta sorry about that but there is such a thing as bad movie taste. If you like DBE, Mario bros, street fighter, doom, and electra. but you hated TDK, Iron man, Star trek, and slumdog millionaire...it is obvious you have horrible tastes.

MrGenkiDama wrote:
Eytinge wrote:he is only a 14 year old kid that makes sense now. hes not old enough to know what is a good movie. Laughing Razz
I'm 15. Get your facts straight. Honestly, I could probably do more USEFUL things than you could ever do with movies. Just because I'm young doesn't mean "I don't know what a good movie is". That's age discrimination sir. I probably know how to make a better movie than Stephan Chow! I take that as a big insult actually, I love editing and directing movies, in fact I go to film camp for it. Everyone's allowed one or two guilty pleasure movies.

LOL! You think you can make a better movie that Stephen Chow? are you joking,,,i dont wanna be rude but your 15. you never directed a big hollywood movie, and probaly never will. Stephen Chow is a genius. Yet you think you are better than him? LOL!
MrGenkiDama wrote:I'll quote what I said in another thread:
It wasn't Dragonball. It bared, basically no resemblence to Dragonball whatsoever. I am pissed at Fox that they screwed up this version of Dragonball-- BUT... and it's a big but, I couldn't help myself having fun at the movie. Since I wasn't expecting it to be Dragonball, I didn't nitpick at everything. I laughed when there was a joke and then I also laughed when it wasn't supposed to be a joke (so the whole movie). I enjoyed the short as hell final fight and overall, the movie granted me entertainment and fun. Allbeit, B-Movie entertainment and fun.
It wasn't Dragonball, it failed at adapting it. It sucked hard balls as a Dragonball movie. But it made me chuckle and I had fun (I took my brother with me because he loves Dragonball Z) and we had fun. Any harm done? No. As a movie I'd rate it 3/5. As a Dragonball adaptation it does get a 1/5.

Fair enough? I visit that forum because of the people. We're a community over there and I can't just turn my back on them can I? We're still fellow fans. I don't backstab.

Thanks for reading. Also, sorry for coming off rude.
Wow! Did we watch the same movie? It wasnt just a mad db movie, it was a bad movie in general! BAD ACTING, BAD ACTION( i MEAN THE BEST FIGHT WAS THE ONE WERE GOKU DIDNT EVEN THROW A PUNCH!), SO MANY FRICKEN PLOT HOLES. worst movie of the year so far.
VEGETA_DTX wrote:BUT HOW CAN YOU ENJOY IN SOMETHING THAT RUINS DB!

But ok...

Here:

He is obviously a dbe fan. I am a somewhat regular at dbthemovie and he once flamed a hater and told him to gtfo and go join our forum. I can even quote him if you want.

Eytinge
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrGenkiDama Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:29 pm

Sorry, I wrote Stephan Chow instead of James Wong, my mistake. Also, do you mind stop using my age to insult me? It seems I put more thought into my posts than you do, does that make me academically smarter than you? Probably not. But you never know. I did tell him to "GTFO" because he was trolling, simple as that. AS YOU DID TO ME. The only difference is I'm not trolling.

Honestly, stop bringing it up, I am not here to discuss what I did and didn't like about the movie, which has changed because I have watched the movie several times now. What I originally thought from my first viewing has changed.

Can't we just get along man?

ALSO!
Vegeta sorry about that but there is such a thing as bad movie taste. If you like DBE, Mario bros, street fighter, doom, and electra. but you hated TDK, Iron man, Star trek, and slumdog millionaire...it is obvious you have horrible tastes.
O.o
Are you kidding? I loved The Dark Knight, Iron Man, Star Trek, and Slumdog Millionaire! In fact, Iron Man was my favorite movie of last year! My favorite movie of all time isn't Dragonball Evolution, I don't even consider it close to being in my favorites at all. My all time favorite movie is Pulp Fiction. Also, dude, I have no taste... in your opinion. It's not a fact. Some people like the Spider-Man movies, they don't have bad taste, you just disagree with it.
MrGenkiDama
MrGenkiDama
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eytinge Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:16 pm

MrGenkiDama wrote:
ALSO!
O.o
Are you kidding? I loved The Dark Knight, Iron Man, Star Trek, and Slumdog Millionaire! In fact, Iron Man was my favorite movie of last year! My favorite movie of all time isn't Dragonball Evolution, I don't even consider it close to being in my favorites at all. My all time favorite movie is Pulp Fiction. Also, dude, I have no taste... in your opinion. It's not a fact. Some people like the Spider-Man movies, they don't have bad taste, you just disagree with it.

Can you read? I wasn't referring to you with that post, just arguing that people CAN have bad movie taste!

You are only here to whore out your abridged series, i mean that's fine with me it ain't my site but don't come here acting like you are a hater now, this site is for the "haters" as you call us.

Eytinge
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrGenkiDama Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:21 am

I wanted to see if anyone was interested. I asked, no one could do it.

Sorry if you feel that's why I came here.
MrGenkiDama
MrGenkiDama
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:22 am

I can enjoy it because it isn't Dragonball, also nothing can ruin Dragonball, it'll always be great, no matter what hits it.
you know, when somebody insults your father/mother/sister/brother or a friend will they be ruined? Very Happy of course not, nothing can ruin them, they will always be great to you...but you'll still be insulted? and angry about that insult and oppose to it, right?

The same way we don't want this insult to develop further...

As for your answer I am happy to see that. You're not for the sequels and further franchise and travesty of DB, your in sure.
But please, even though you liked it as a movie, I'd love you to not spread love about this movie or such, but to keep that opinion for yourself, because I already can hardly understand how can you like something which is pissing on DB, EVEN ONLY AS A MOVIE, so to keep it all clear and nice, just don't boast DBE as a movie around here.
Thank you for understanding.

Eytinge, I respect your opinion, but in order to say that something is BAD you have to give it a comparison, you have to say bad comparing to WHAT, bad by which aspect, and by whose standards?
There is no such thing as MAIN MOST RIGHT TASTE IN THE WORLD towards which every other taste should be measured, everybody have THEIR own tastes and they say that something is bad by THEIR standards and opinions.
So I must disagree.
By my taste of course, this is as a movie uber horrible, I never liked cliche teenage dramas and high school flicks and such, so even if I never knew of DB and if DB never existed but just this movie, I would perfectly dislike it and not waste a moment of watching it.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:39 am

^ Of course. I even use that "it's all subjective" argument when people criticize DB.
But then we come to that- "we shouldn't discuss about the tastes, we're just wasting our energy..."
So, basically we should all try to be as objective as we can when criticizing. And no matter what there are always some facts we can rely on. Society needs critics, more important we should all work on ourselves to be one. It would be horrible if everyone would have the same taste, but on the other hand that doesn't mean that something like a bad taste in art forms doesn't exist. There are certain standards when it comes to any form of art.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eytinge Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:30 am

ningen wrote:^ Of course. I even use that "it's all subjective" argument when people criticize DB.
But then we come to that- "we shouldn't discuss about the tastes, we're just wasting our energy..."
So, basically we should all try to be as objective as we can when criticizing. And no matter what there are always some facts we can rely on. Society needs critics, more important we should all work on ourselves to be one. It would be horrible if everyone would have the same taste, but on the other hand that doesn't mean that something like a bad taste in art forms doesn't exist. There are certain standards when it comes to any form of art.

VERY TRUE!

Eytinge
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 am

^Unfortunately I can't agree with that.

I believe there is no any standard nor anything like that for art and matters of LIKES/DISLIKES, ENJOY/NOT-ENJOY and such.

THERE ARE standards for WRONG/RIGHT, UNFAITHFUL/FAITHFUL and other TECHNICAL terms which have a clear specific definition and have certain system(moral system, logical system, physical law system) by which they are judged to be one or another, but as for the ART its absolutely all subjective in my opinion.

But like I said many times, none of it matters, as its not about how good DBE is as a movie but how good it is as a Dragon Ball...cause in this second case you have standard by which you judge whether its faithful or not, but for that first, there is no standard, standards are our own particular tastes.

P.S. UNLESS Very Happy...unless there is a certain definition for the term "bad taste" in the dictionaries, which stands for having a different taste than majority of people.
Which again, wouldn't be proper to call a BAD TASTE but rather a DIFFERENT TASTE Smile
But such term doesn't exist anyway Very Happy
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:07 pm

^ Actually, standards do exist. The elite in every society in a certain age and on a certain territory defines it. Even though we all take art subjectively that doesn't mean that standards doesn't exist. I mean, start studying any form of art and you'll find them in any book, encyclopedia, etc. So you have your subjective view, but nobody except us, a certain amount of people around you cares about it. Internet can make a change, you'll be in contact with a larger amount of people but still your subjective opinion is almost unimportant. Intellectual elite, people which opinion is important, people who are experts for a certain form of art set the standards.
When it comes to DBE, standard that I had in mind is precisely the one you put- how good it is as a adaptation( of a Dragon Ball). Experts in cinematography should view it from that perspective but unlike you and me they also look it from a bit wider angle.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:13 pm

So? One can say it fails as an adaptation, which it does, and still find an enjoyable time watching it. Sure, I hate the movie on both ends, but if people like it, that doesn't take away from the fact they are DB fans

I man, look at it this way. I like Grey's Anatomy, House, Heroes and other shows that are the COMPLETE opposite of DB. I'm still a fan.

I liked the X-Men trilogy, and I had a good time watching Origins (even though I admit it failed to adapt X-Men and particularly Deadpool), and yet, I still love the original comics
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:59 am

^ It's like this- One can say it fails as an adaptation, which it does, and still find an enjoyable time watching it, for example- he\she\they laughed through the movie. So they had a great time, the only problem is that this movie was not meant to be enjoyed as a comedy, the view of such people is almost unimportant. Now, we can also imagine a person that had an enjoyable time (without laughing), but you see, the view of that person is almost unimportant, unless that person is a respected critic, or that person is a part of the social elite in some other way. And that\those person\s can claim that he\she\they like DB and that they also like DBE. And, I already said this- that's O.K., but they are delusional if they think that they are the fans of both. That's a different thing, you can't be the fan of both. So if a person is a fan of DBE that does take away from the fact he\she's a DB fan.
A simple example:
It's like worshiping the principles of good and in the same time the principles of evil. To be able to do such thing means that you suffer from some mental disorder.
"I man, look at it this way. I like Grey's Anatomy, House, Heroes and other shows that are the COMPLETE opposite of DB. I'm still a fan."
Well, I haven't watched any of those shows. I'm familiar with GA and House(when changing the channel). I was pleased when I read a review of GA from one Serbian critic that I respect, and the critic rip it apart. I don't know what values are presented in those series, and I don't care about them. I don't see what's that got to do with DB, if you're a fan of such series that doesn't mean you can't be a fan of DB, unless those series contain some nihilistic point of view.
We are talking here about a movie which is connected to DB.
When it comes to X-Men, for that you'll have to talk with a X-Men fan, and I'm not a X-Men fan.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

1st Q&A session - Page 4 Empty DBE

Post by son Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:27 pm

I got a disney channel original movie vibe from the film. So I guess if you like Wendi Wu kung fu warrior or High school musical you'll probably like this movie too. Rolling Eyes

Personally I hated it.

son

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum