Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:43 pm by Tlaloc

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:20 pm by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

» Goku or Gohan?
Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:30 am by hasnainssjbardock

» I wonder...
Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:00 am by VEGETA_DTX

» SOPA and PIPA
Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:44 pm by Godsend

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 83 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:44 pm

Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The chicken or the egg

70% 70% 
[ 7 ]
10% 10% 
[ 1 ]
20% 20% 
[ 2 ]
 
Total Votes : 10

Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by Hawttdawgg on Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:58 am

The chicken or the egg


Last edited by Hawttdawgg on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:56 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Hawttdawgg
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Posts : 767
Join date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by Ha! on Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:04 am

The dinosaurs.
avatar
Ha!
Gray hair dude
Gray hair dude

Posts : 1177
Join date : 2008-01-16

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by Hawttdawgg on Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:08 am

^Where did they came from?
avatar
Hawttdawgg
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Posts : 767
Join date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by Ha! on Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:13 am

From hell Twisted Evil
avatar
Ha!
Gray hair dude
Gray hair dude

Posts : 1177
Join date : 2008-01-16

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by Hawttdawgg on Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:16 am

^Who made "Hell" Wink
avatar
Hawttdawgg
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Posts : 767
Join date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by lol1991 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:10 am

people on crack cocain...and Lucifer I think. How should I know.

Anyway, I vote chicken, because you didn't specify what KIND of chicken. It could be some sort of ancient super chicken...right?

_________________


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.
Albert Einstein
avatar
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Posts : 12924
Join date : 2009-01-22
Age : 26
Location : Portugal

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by ningen on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:25 am

Hawttdawgg wrote:^Who made "Hell" Wink
Erm...some giant egg?

_________________

Unconditional love ftw! (Heroes Uprising)
avatar
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Posts : 1668
Join date : 2008-01-09
Age : 30
Location : On the Moon

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by Hawttdawgg on Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:54 pm

So its some ancient super chicken or some giant egg came first?
XD
avatar
Hawttdawgg
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Posts : 767
Join date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by 4Neodemon on Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:46 pm

since i am studying to be a biologist, i learn that life came from the sea due to chemical reactions... so
i would say that was the egg!!! the chicken ancestral evolved to an organism that put eggs... and there's the chicken eggs!! as for the other eggs, the mechanism is the same... BUT there are sea animals that appeared in the world way before the chickens (in that time life still do not exist outside the Ocean).. and some of those sea animal put eggs Laughing Laughing

In the vote i made a mistake, i put the chicken lol! lol! lol!
avatar
4Neodemon
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Posts : 721
Join date : 2009-03-13
Age : 30
Location : Portugal - Braga

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by lol1991 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:20 pm

4Neodemon wrote:since i am studying to be a biologist, i learn that life came from the sea due to chemical reactions... so
i would say that was the egg!!! the chicken ancestral evolved to an organism that put eggs... and there's the chicken eggs!! as for the other eggs, the mechanism is the same... BUT there are sea animals that appeared in the world way before the chickens (in that time life still do not exist outside the Ocean).. and some of those sea animal put eggs Laughing Laughing

In the vote i made a mistake, i put the chicken lol! lol! lol!

yes, but we are discussion what came first...chicken or chicken egg. It was the chicken. Until the organism that became a chicken first got there, it was not a chicken. So, one can assume, did not lay chicken eggs. Then one day (this is oversimplying) from a non chicken egg, the chicken was born (this was due to evolution). So when that chicken first laid an egg, it was the first chicken egg.

Anyway, this is the short version. I have about 3 pages worth of arguments pro chicken, and 3 more rebuffing the arguments pro egg.

_________________


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.
Albert Einstein
avatar
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Posts : 12924
Join date : 2009-01-22
Age : 26
Location : Portugal

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by Jessica Raine on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:09 pm

-_- imbiciles. we all know that chickens are just a lie that our parents tell us as a bedtime story to make us sleep...

oh wait, that's dragons. I always get dragons and chickens mixed up. I get some strange looks when I try to order food at KFC...

_________________

run, Miku run! You must reach the icecream!
...Seriously, it's been over a year now and you still haven't reached it....It's probably all melted now...maybe you should just go home, Miku.
avatar
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Posts : 6876
Join date : 2008-12-24
Age : 23
Location : I DON'T KNOW BUT I FEEL HAPPY

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://jessicaraine.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by sonaditya on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:45 pm

lol1991 wrote:
4Neodemon wrote:since i am studying to be a biologist, i learn that life came from the sea due to chemical reactions... so
i would say that was the egg!!! the chicken ancestral evolved to an organism that put eggs... and there's the chicken eggs!! as for the other eggs, the mechanism is the same... BUT there are sea animals that appeared in the world way before the chickens (in that time life still do not exist outside the Ocean).. and some of those sea animal put eggs Laughing Laughing

In the vote i made a mistake, i put the chicken lol! lol! lol!

yes, but we are discussion what came first...chicken or chicken egg. It was the chicken. Until the organism that became a chicken first got there, it was not a chicken. So, one can assume, did not lay chicken eggs. Then one day (this is oversimplying) from a non chicken egg, the chicken was born (this was due to evolution). So when that chicken first laid an egg, it was the first chicken egg.

Anyway, this is the short version. I have about 3 pages worth of arguments pro chicken, and 3 more rebuffing the arguments pro egg.

What is evolution??

According to Darwin, there are variations within the characteristics of the organisms of a species. The organisms with the variations that suit it most for the environment in which it lives, passes them down to its offsprings.

these offsprings then pass their variations to their offsprings, and they to theirs, to the generations which have to change their environmnts. this generations pass on to their children, their suitable variations....this cycle goes on and on.....
till, at a certain stage, the generation looks nothing like the original species.
But, this generaton is not at all differentiable from their parents [with a few negligible variations], and they from their parents, and the from their parnts, n so on. But these small variations have to be considered if u compare the original ancestor with the today's generation, because they have considerable differences.

Also, if u say like from a non-chicken egg, the chicken was born, it makes no sense!! because there would have been little to no difference between its parents.
avatar
sonaditya
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Posts : 392
Join date : 2008-12-28
Age : 24
Location : Newark, DE

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by sonaditya on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:50 pm

lol1991 wrote:
4Neodemon wrote:since i am studying to be a biologist, i learn that life came from the sea due to chemical reactions... so
i would say that was the egg!!! the chicken ancestral evolved to an organism that put eggs... and there's the chicken eggs!! as for the other eggs, the mechanism is the same... BUT there are sea animals that appeared in the world way before the chickens (in that time life still do not exist outside the Ocean).. and some of those sea animal put eggs Laughing Laughing

In the vote i made a mistake, i put the chicken lol! lol! lol!

yes, but we are discussion what came first...chicken or chicken egg. It was the chicken. Until the organism that became a chicken first got there, it was not a chicken. So, one can assume, did not lay chicken eggs. Then one day (this is oversimplying) from a non chicken egg, the chicken was born (this was due to evolution). So when that chicken first laid an egg, it was the first chicken egg.

Anyway, this is the short version. I have about 3 pages worth of arguments pro chicken, and 3 more rebuffing the arguments pro egg.

What is evolution??

According to Darwin, there are variations within the characteristics of the organisms of a species. The organisms with the variations that suit it most for the environment in which it lives, passes them down to its offsprings.

these offsprings then pass their variations to their offsprings, and they to theirs, to the generations which have to change their environmnts. this generations pass on to their children, their suitable variations....this cycle goes on and on.....
till, at a certain stage, the generation looks nothing like the original species.
But, this generaton is not at all differentiable from their parents [with a few negligible variations], and they from their parents, and the from their parnts, n so on. But these small variations have to be considered if u compare the original ancestor with the today's generation, because they have considerable differences.

Also, if u say like from a non-chicken egg, the chicken was born, it makes no sense!! because there would have been little to no difference between it & its parents.
avatar
sonaditya
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Posts : 392
Join date : 2008-12-28
Age : 24
Location : Newark, DE

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by 4Neodemon on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:40 pm

lol1991 wrote:
4Neodemon wrote:since i am studying to be a biologist, i learn that life came from the sea due to chemical reactions... so
i would say that was the egg!!! the chicken ancestral evolved to an organism that put eggs... and there's the chicken eggs!! as for the other eggs, the mechanism is the same... BUT there are sea animals that appeared in the world way before the chickens (in that time life still do not exist outside the Ocean).. and some of those sea animal put eggs Laughing Laughing

In the vote i made a mistake, i put the chicken lol! lol! lol!

yes, but we are discussion what came first...chicken or chicken egg. It was the chicken. Until the organism that became a chicken first got there, it was not a chicken. So, one can assume, did not lay chicken eggs. Then one day (this is oversimplying) from a non chicken egg, the chicken was born (this was due to evolution). So when that chicken first laid an egg, it was the first chicken egg.

Anyway, this is the short version. I have about 3 pages worth of arguments pro chicken, and 3 more rebuffing the arguments pro egg.


But Hawttdawgg said that is the egg in general, and not the chickens eggs Smile Very Happy
thats why i said the egg came first!!! because chickens only appeared later!!!

now if we are talking about chickens eggs, than the first was the chicken!!!! Maybe some chicken ancestrals evolved to an organism that put eggs as i have aid before Wink Wink
avatar
4Neodemon
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Posts : 721
Join date : 2009-03-13
Age : 30
Location : Portugal - Braga

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by Hawttdawgg on Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:01 am

so you mean... something like, a dog had sex with a cat?
avatar
Hawttdawgg
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Posts : 767
Join date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by lol1991 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:55 am

It was the chicken...I had to write 6 pages worth of this shit for my filosofy class last year...it was the FUCKING CHICKEN...sorry, I get jumpy whenever I remember all the work I had writting that paper...and the bitch gave me a B+...A FUCKING B+...IT WAS A YOU WHORE!!! Sorry...

_________________


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.
Albert Einstein
avatar
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Posts : 12924
Join date : 2009-01-22
Age : 26
Location : Portugal

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by sonaditya on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:12 am

^ hey lol, cool down!! its the job of the teachers to do so....u had to write 6 pages, i had to write 17 pages on evolution for my bio project...only to make the get a B...
avatar
sonaditya
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Posts : 392
Join date : 2008-12-28
Age : 24
Location : Newark, DE

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by ningen on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:13 pm

4Neodemon wrote:due to chemical reactions...
XD Yeah...I love when scientists start relying on faith...

_________________

Unconditional love ftw! (Heroes Uprising)
avatar
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Posts : 1668
Join date : 2008-01-09
Age : 30
Location : On the Moon

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by 4Neodemon on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:59 pm

Hawttdawgg wrote:so you mean... something like, a dog had sex with a cat?

LOL... Where do you get that idea??? Razz Razz


ningen wrote:
4Neodemon wrote:due to chemical reactions...
XD Yeah...I love when scientists start relying on faith...

Very Happy why do you say that?? In science the best thing we have are the theories wich are well substantiated explanations that incorporates facts, laws and hypotheses rigorously tested and well accepted by the entire scientific community... some guy (i can not remeber the name) prove in the lab, that with the existing conditions in the primitive earth, life is possible to be created... this is not faith, are facts!! Just like saying that DBE is a bad movie... that indeed is a fact lol! lol!
avatar
4Neodemon
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Posts : 721
Join date : 2009-03-13
Age : 30
Location : Portugal - Braga

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by ningen on Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:51 am

Someone proved it?
I'm not aware of that. Hmmm, I can't find any information about it.
Sry, but according to my "knowledge" no one has created any form of self-preserving life from chemical reactions.
Theories and hypotheses, that's all there is to it.

_________________

Unconditional love ftw! (Heroes Uprising)
avatar
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Posts : 1668
Join date : 2008-01-09
Age : 30
Location : On the Moon

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by 4Neodemon on Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:53 am

ningen wrote:Someone proved it?
I'm not aware of that. Hmmm, I can't find any information about it.
Sry, but according to my "knowledge" no one has created any form of self-preserving life from chemical reactions.
Theories and hypotheses, that's all there is to it.

But its right!!! I studied that.... i really do not remember the scientist name.. but indeed the guy create primitive life (similar to bacteria) using the conditions of the primitive Eath!! But, still its a theory, because we can not travel in time, and see for ourselves if indeed was in that way... lol! lol!
avatar
4Neodemon
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Posts : 721
Join date : 2009-03-13
Age : 30
Location : Portugal - Braga

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by ningen on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:09 am

Well if you can't remember his name than, I'm sorry, but I can't just take your words as an argument. Smile

_________________

Unconditional love ftw! (Heroes Uprising)
avatar
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Posts : 1668
Join date : 2008-01-09
Age : 30
Location : On the Moon

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by 4Neodemon on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:13 am

ningen wrote:Well if you can't remember his name than, I'm sorry, but I can't just take your words as an argument. Smile

you are being bad... lol! lol! lol! lol!
im going to make a research in my books, and if i find the name, i will put it here Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

EDIT: I found... it was more easy then i was expecting Smile Smile
the scientist name is Stanley Miller... see this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller-Urey_experiment

after read all of that (if you have a curious mind, you can do it..lol), read the origins of the species by Charles Darwin (the book itself..its amazing)... one article complete the other Wink Wink

you still have other good theory like the "Panspermia"... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia (check also the part "See also" in that wikipedia article... a lot of good and credible theories are in there Very Happy)
avatar
4Neodemon
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Posts : 721
Join date : 2009-03-13
Age : 30
Location : Portugal - Braga

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by ningen on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:23 am

^ Sankyuu! Very Happy
Interesting experiment, but it proved nothing that I wanted to see and that is the exact origin of a self-preserving form of life.
The only conclusion is - "It might have formed from such process, although we are still not sure how exactly."
As for the those two theories...well, that's just what they are- two theories in the sea of other theories..."Panspermia" is a well known theory, if someone has a TV and is interested in science he\she is probably familiar with that theory. Here's my opinion- I think it's overhyped. I don't know why are people so intrigued by it. Because - it's hard\impossible to prove
and even if somebody would find a proof (I don't see how) it makes no difference to me, because I'm interested in the origin of life and not that much in it's "transportation". Smile
Charles Darwin is an interesting individual, but, unfortunately, I'm too preoccupied at this moment in my life. You're interested in biology, so I would be surprised that you haven't read it. Smile

_________________

Unconditional love ftw! (Heroes Uprising)
avatar
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Posts : 1668
Join date : 2008-01-09
Age : 30
Location : On the Moon

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by 4Neodemon on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:36 am

ningen wrote:^ Sankyuu! Very Happy
Interesting experiment, but it proved nothing that I wanted to see and that is the exact origin of a self-preserving form of life.
The only conclusion is - "It might have formed from such process, although we are still not sure how exactly."

Miller proved that with those conditions, life appeared... for example with the recent planet conditions, that is impossible to happen because of the oxygen... the large ammounts of oxygen prevents life to "born" from inanimate matter like the amino acids, in the miller's experiment!!! But in the primitive Earth, that is possible!! We can not prove if it was in that way, because as i said, we can not travel in time to confirm it Very Happy Very Happy , but we know that is possible!

I only put panspermia to explain viruses...lol.. viruses are totally different form of life.. so panspermia explains other type of life (generated in other place besides Earth)

I study biology.. and i do not read all darwin's book..lol (i hate read), but i know the main concepts, and people who read it, call that a masterpiece!!
avatar
4Neodemon
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Posts : 721
Join date : 2009-03-13
Age : 30
Location : Portugal - Braga

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which came first, the egg or the chicken?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum