Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes

+2
Jessica Raine
Tlaloc
6 posters

Go down

thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes Empty thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes

Post by Tlaloc Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:09 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1098327/board/nest/135388201

I have never seen a full episode of Dragonball or Dragonball Z. I am taking this movie as entirely standalone. And man, it's terrible.

The following is a list of major flaws in the plot (spoiler alert, btw. They are out of order because even I can't piece together the stupid plot):

1) Piccolo is seen destroying knights and Medieval stereotypes "2,000 years ago." Two thousand years ago, the most advanced civilization in the world equipped its soldiers with leather body vests and bronze and perhaps some iron swords and shields, not full suits of iron armor.

2) It took 7 ultra-powerful monks to seal away Piccolo for 2,000 years...and he just "escapes." The movie never elaborates on this major plot point by describing this escape.

3) The movie's timeline is three days, two nights long. Keep this in mind while watching it. All the romances, training, and plot devices take place over mere hours.

4) Piccolo picks up numerous Dragonballs, supposedly spread around the entire world, in a day. He has no visible means of detection or tracking, yet he even finds a Dragonball buried in a lake without expending any effort whatsoever.

5) I'll expand on my previous point by raising a question: why does Piccolo visit Goku's house at all? Piccolo walks in, beats on Goku's grandfather for a bit, announces "it's not here" without even searching for the Dragonball, and then procedes to drop the roof on his foe. Piccolo never searches for Goku after this. He knows that Goku's grandfather had it, or at least the house contained it at one point (all of this is inferred, by the way, as the movie never explains how Piccolo knows where the Dragonballs are hidden), but he doesn't even question where it might be when he can't find it in the house. I feel that even this short description cannot explain how bizarre the scene was. Watch the movie and wait for this scene, and I guarantee that it will leave you confused.

6) Piccolo is seen nuking a very out-of-place villiage. This villiage has wooden structures, no modern technology, and inhabitants that wear leather and cloth clothing...yet, this scene does not take place in the past or even in a different country: the villiage is shown to be right in the middle of a very modern, futuristic looking city. I have absolutely no idea how or why.

7) Speaking of Piccolo's nuking power, for the first 30 minutes of the movie he is a complete juggernaut: he can crush people, vaporize lakes, and of course threatened to destroy the entire planet 2,000 years ago...yet, towards the end of the movie, he is shown throwing wimpy red lightbeams around. I mean, this wuss who goes down in one shot once threatened to conquer the whole planet? Really?

Cool And why does Piccolo want to conquer the planet, anyway? Piccolo's motivation is never clear. At the beginning, Piccolo wants to destroy the world. Then he wants the Dragonballs to get revenge by destroying the world. Then he wants to enslave and rule the world. Then he wants to destroy it again. Very indecisive.

9) How did that bandit dig that ENORMOUS hole?

10) Why is there a VOLCANO in said hole?

11) The "tournament" characters refer to is at best a minor plot element. It is brought up by several characters, making the audience assume that it's a big deal (and I know it was in the series). But it isn't. It occupies about 1 minute of actual screentime, with minor characters participating.

12) Who is Piccolo's accomplice? She is never once addressed by name. Why is she there? What is her motivation?

13) During the "party" scene, two accounts of assualt with a deadly weapon occur, at least 6 people are injured, and thousands of dollars of property is damaged. Yet, after the whole "fight" is over...the casual party continues as normal.

14) How did Chi-chi (if that's how you spell her dumb name) find out about Goku's grandfather's fate? She discovered his existence THE NIGHT OF his death, she never met him, has never been to his house, and lives nowhere near him. Goku buries him alone near the secluded forest home without informing anyone about the occurence. How the hell does anyone find out about something like that?

15) Goku's grandfather prepares him by telling him "trust who you are on the inside," rather than, "Hey kid, on your 18th birthday during an eclipse, you're going to turn into a wolf-demon under the control of a satanic overlord with the capability of destroying the world. Head's up."

16) Whoops, forgot an error back at that volcano scene. Goku has to jump across a lake of lava on a bridge of corpses (rated: PG) to get to the other side. Yet just under a minute later, all his cohorts are right behind him. The corpses had already dissolved in the lava. How exactly did everyone get there?

17) Where the hell does Piccolo get that flying machine/genetic cloning machine/headquarters? How much free time does the guy have?

18) The final wish granted by the 7 combined Dragonballs is to bring Master Roshi back to life. Goku forgets his grandfather, the man who raised him for 18 years and trained him to be the man he is today entirely, and desides to resurrect some guy he met yesterday. Fantastic.

19) At the end of the movie, the main characters decide that they have to get the Dragonballs again. Um, why? Evil is vanquished, everyone is happy.

That's all I can think of for now, but I think 19 is enough to convince you all that this movie is the Swiss cheese of plot.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes Left_bar_bleue100/100thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes Empty Re: thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes

Post by Jessica Raine Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:28 pm

lol WOW...I...just...wow...
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes Left_bar_bleue100/100thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://jessicaraine.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes Empty Re: thelastdinosaur, imdb non fan user gives the plot holes

Post by lol1991 Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:43 pm

thelastdinosaur wrote:15) Goku's grandfather prepares him by telling him "trust who you are on the inside," rather than, "Hey kid, on your 18th birthday during an eclipse, you're going to turn into a wolf-demon under the control of a satanic overlord with the capability of destroying the world. Head's up."

FUCKING GREAT!! FUCK! FUCK!! FUUUUUCK!!!

Now people are starting to think the oozaru is some sort of werewolf. THE NON FANS ARE STARTING TO TAKE THE BULLSHIT AS FACT!!!!

BURN IN HELL DBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:36 pm

yeah that's bad...
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by 4Neodemon Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Tlaloc wrote:[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1098327/board/nest/135388201]

7) Speaking of Piccolo's nuking power, for the first 30 minutes of the movie he is a complete juggernaut: he can crush people, vaporize lakes, and of course threatened to destroy the entire planet 2,000 years ago...yet, towards the end of the movie, he is shown throwing wimpy red lightbeams around. I mean, this wuss who goes down in one shot once threatened to conquer the whole planet? Really?

18) The final wish granted by the 7 combined Dragonballs is to bring Master Roshi back to life. Goku forgets his grandfather, the man who raised him for 18 years and trained him to be the man he is today entirely, and desides to resurrect some guy he met yesterday. Fantastic.

Awesome... Also picollo lost his battle to someone that before the fight couldnt even make a kamehameha or win a fight against his OLD grandpa!!! (plus Goku was so concerned with that situation that he decided to make out with chi-chi.. rendeer )..LOL and the powerfull nuclear picoolo lost the fight in one minute and to an highschool punk lol! lol!

I never tought of that, but why the hell Goku bring Roshi back to life??? And his grandpa??? And why not make a kamehameha (that now is an airbending technique scratch ) into Roshi chest??? Like Roshi made to Goku??

Oh my god... if there is going to be a sequel of this shit.. the world is lost affraid affraid affraid
4Neodemon
4Neodemon
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:31 pm

"18 ) The final wish granted by the 7 combined Dragonballs is to bring Master Roshi back to life. Goku forgets his grandfather, the man who raised him for 18 years and trained him to be the man he is today entirely, and desides to resurrect some guy he met yesterday. Fantastic."

LMFAO!!

And I pointed out that Chi-Chi knew about Gohan's death in my review! I'm glad other people caught it... not that it was difficult at all to catch.

But clucking bell, thats a hell of a lot of plot holes!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:44 pm

So many plot holes that-
*falls into one of the plot holes*
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:28 am

This is a PERFECT example of one reasonable person, who woudl rather be honest and with that go in favor of the real loyal DB fans than to be a kissupper bitch and talk all sorts of bullshit just for the money or for the sake of being respected by multimilion company...

My deepest respect to the thelastdinosaur! thank you whether you read this or not (ili jos bolje DJE CHUO I DJE NECHUO! Very Happy)
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down