Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Joining the resistance EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Joining the resistance EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Joining the resistance EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Joining the resistance EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Joining the resistance EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Joining the resistance EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Joining the resistance EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Joining the resistance EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Joining the resistance EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Joining the resistance EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Joining the resistance EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Joining the resistance EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Joining the resistance EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Joining the resistance EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Joining the resistance EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Joining the resistance EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Joining the resistance EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Joining the resistance EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Joining the resistance EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Joining the resistance EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Joining the resistance

+7
Jessica Raine
lol1991
Tlaloc
ningen
Nikku
sonaditya
Goku lamenting from the a
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Joining the resistance Empty Joining the resistance

Post by Goku lamenting from the a Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:55 am

Hello my friends

Recently I bumped into this site, and decided that as a true blooded dragonball fan, I had to join the protest.

I am a really lazy guy, and there are very few things that i would actually protest over, but dragonball is one of those things.

Dragonball (the full story as toriyama intended it, the Z division is just for the anime, and I don´t really care about GT but I dont hate it) Is one of the most important stories in my life.

There are so many anecdotes relating to Dragonball that I could go on an on, waiting impatinely to see what happened to Goku when he climbed Karin tower, waiting over the most interminable minutes in history when Goku fought Frieza on Namek, having tears rolling out of my eyes when Piccolo died protecting Gohan, or on Vegeta´s two deaths, first on Namek, when he said to Goku "Kill him with your Sayan Hands", and when he sacrificed himself in the fight against Bu.

I remember recording every episode of DB on VHS, and holding marathons of Dragonball movies on my house on weekends with my friends, and playing every DB videogame I could get my hands on, I remember even once naively trying to buy every piece of DB merchandizing I could find, of course that proved imposible, and terribly expensive.

So yes Dragonball was and is quite important for me, even now I still collect Dragonball figurines, so yes I understand and I share your pain, this movie is not only disapointing it is insulting.

They didn´t even try, I don´t think they even glanced at the manga or watch a full episode of the anime, sometimes I think that this is something like The Producers where they will actually will make more money by doing a flop than a god movie.

But there are things that make this even sadder for me, the fact that it was filmed in my own country, many times I feel the whole purpose of me moving from mexico to china, is so that I didn´t do a suicide bombing on the whole movie, or just shot down Justin Effin Chadwick.

Worst than that James Wong the freaking A hole, said filming in mexico was terrible, and wouldn´t recomend the experiense to anyone.

Not only did he disgraced my country by making that movie, he insulted it.

Then the fact that Stephen Chow is the producer, I was actually relieved when I heard that, as for me Kung Fu Hustle is the nearer thing to a good live action dragonball adaptation that could exist, I really tought he was gonna make this great, as it turns out he sold out for I know he was a fan, the only one who in my mind could have saved this, just was payed to turn his back and let it all go to hell.

Then Chow Yun Fat, who once was a freking god, please I know you hate him just for being in this movie, but if you see him in Jhon Woo´s Hong Kong movies, you have to love him, how could he sink this low, in asia he was a hero in the US he is just a laughing stock.

And in a lesser degree, well marsters, c, mon we all loved Spike, again another hero falls from grace.

So all in all this is not only a bad movie, it is a tragedy, if this where done to any american comic like spider man, or X men or batman, or god forbid watchmen, it would not have standed, in this day an age they would never disrepect american characters like this, fans would not let them, the creators and the studios who created would not let them.

just because is a foreign property they think they can trample over it, with no consequence, ok F them, if we a rag tag of fans are the last line of defense lets do it.

lets bring this mother down.

Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Joining the resistance Left_bar_bleue100/100Joining the resistance Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Joining the resistance Empty Re: Joining the resistance

Post by sonaditya Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:33 am

Welcome, Goku lamenting from the a! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Man, you said it. you just said it. What you have said is very true. DBE was created just for profit, and what happened was a waste

you have done the right job of joining this site, as every true Dragon Ball fan should do. You made me remember my very first post here, back in december 08.... Sad
sonaditya
sonaditya
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Joining the resistance Left_bar_bleue100/100Joining the resistance Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:41 am

Very well said Mr Goku lamenting from the a! Very well said!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:12 am

Welcome, have fun, share the pain. Smile
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:22 am

You really are a fan, welcome!

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:44 am

You my friend, said it better than I ever could. Welcome to the fight!

Also, I love Buffy. It is still my favorite TV series. It will never get old, and I know just about every episode by hearth. When I heard Masters was in this, I was so happy. A great actor was going to get some main stream attention (he already had it, but even more). Then this happened. What hit me worse is he sold out more than anyone (the comments he made, and the things he said showed me this), so it hurt me alot, to see , in essence Spyke, just selling out. Chow Yun-Fat hurt because of Pirates of the Carribean (although I only got it with that recently). He played, IMO, the 6th biggest bad ass of the triology, Sao Feng.

Finnaly, about Stephen Chow. He as stated in public that he tried to change things, but his ideas were completly regected by Fox. He was a producer in name only. Search through the News and Anouncements. The topic should still be here.
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:54 pm

welcome! we know how you feel
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://jessicaraine.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Venus Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:37 pm

Man I totally relate Crying or Very sad
Venus
Venus
Super Saiyan!
Super Saiyan!

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku lamenting from the a Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:00 am

thanks guys, we are all brothers and sisters in this pain, I feel this forum is kind of like a bar where good friends get together to share their grieves, while trying to have a bit of a laugh in the process.

Sadly Spike was, o well I guess still is my favourite Buffy/Angel character, and really when I heard he was Piccolo I tought it would be really cool, and then with the coments he made about "rocking this thing more than enything he ever done before" well the fall was harder.

And Chow Yun Fat, man if you loved him as Sao Feng, see him in The Killer or A Better Tomorrow, man he really used to be a freaking God, for me he and Stephen Chow are the biggest sell outs, I mean we can´t really expect Marsters or any of the westerns to be familiar with DB, but they are asian, they where familiar, I know for sure Stephen Chow is or was a fan and Yun Fat well at least he most know Journey to the West, the story in wich DB was inspired, and should have a bit more respect for this.

I mean a lot of people in asia only watched this movie because he is in it, only to be terrible disapointed, really is so bad his desire to get into the Hollywood mainstream, that he is becoming a laughing stock, disgracing an impecable carrer in asia.

About Stephen Chow, I will definitly check that post, as Im really interested in his opinion on all this.

By the way, does anybody here, has read any comment by Toriyama himself? it should be very interesting to hear his coments, as far as I know he was lured under false pretences and offered an executive consultant job only to be fired later on, and now the effinn bastards nerve on putting him as executive producer, when Im sure he had even less imput than Stephen Chow.

Many people blame Toriyama for this, saying he sold out his most beloved son for a fistful of dollars, I can´t believe this is true, I mean he is probably not the sole owner for the rights of Dragonball, and not the only one responsible for licencing, I dont think he signed every single licensing contract, for all the videogames, toys, bubblegum and whatnot there are based on DB around the world personally.

Shueisha and or Toei are probably the ones responsible for licensing and the ones who get the biggest cut on all of this, and even tough they probably most pay royalties to Toriyama and get some sort of approval of him, are the ones who took the choice to authorize this.

After all they are corporations, and corporations only care for money, besides they probably figured Dragonball will always be Dragonball in Japan, so what they care what the frigging americans do for themselves or the western market.

But there are true fans of DB outside Japan, and we get hurt by this money grabbing scam done in the name of our beloved Goku.

Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:14 am

Recently I bumped into this site, and decided that as a true blooded dragonball fan, I had to join the protest.
This makes us so proud and honored Smile

Your whole post is PERFECT man! I absolutely agree with you, you really said it all very nicely.

thanks guys, we are all brothers and sisters in this pain, I feel this forum is kind of like a bar where good friends get together to share their grieves, while trying to have a bit of a laugh in the process.
ABSOLUTELY! Smile
While also trying to stop all that rape of course(cause we BELIEVE we can, and guess what? we have decent chances of stopping the sequels cheers)

You indeed are a true DB fan...and our brother.
So once again WELCOME TO FIGHT and thanx for joining and all your support cheers

@Venus, Hey welcome ^_^ I am glad to see two new cool members today! thanx for joining and the support very much!
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Venus Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:16 pm

You are so welcome! cheers
Venus
Venus
Super Saiyan!
Super Saiyan!

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:17 pm

my heart soars with the prospects of our growing army!
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Venus Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:21 pm

Yeah, they made somethin from my childhood look stupid. HOW COULD THEY???
Venus
Venus
Super Saiyan!
Super Saiyan!

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:34 am

[quote="Goku lamenting from the a]About Stephen Chow, I will definitly check that post, as Im really interested in his opinion on all this.

By the way, does anybody here, has read any comment by Toriyama himself?[/quote]

Well the topic is named "FINALLY some good new"

heres the link https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com/news-and-announcements-f6/finally-some-good-news-t579.htm

And its mostly about Toriyama. See initially we thought he was for the movie, but it turns out that was a missinterpertation by the western net community. In Japan, people figured out he was being sarcastic in his praise, and eventually we figured it out.
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Venus Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:31 pm

I would be heated if I were him Mad
Venus
Venus
Super Saiyan!
Super Saiyan!

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chulance Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:07 pm

WHOOOO! Arm your weapons men it's time for war against the evils of DBE! Welcome to the gang and help us on our epic journey to vanquish ChatFail and his army of Fuck-tards.!
Chulance
Chulance
Supreme ruler of DBZ
Supreme ruler of DBZ

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://www.youtube.com/user/chulance

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:20 pm

well, that last post sure got me excited and pumped
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chulance Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:42 pm

YEAH! My post PLEASE SAY MINE!!!!!

Frank: Say it,,,,,...... MUHAHAHAHAHA
Chulance
Chulance
Supreme ruler of DBZ
Supreme ruler of DBZ

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:44 pm

yes sir your magical post was magic. and Frank just raided your fridge.
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chulance Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:46 pm

I'll eat Frank's stomach.
Chulance
Chulance
Supreme ruler of DBZ
Supreme ruler of DBZ

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:49 pm

O_O NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
he got worms in there cause he refuses to take his meds from the vet
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku lamenting from the a Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:13 pm

wow, I just checked that post about Stephen Chow and Toriyama, it really made me happy thank you for showing it to me.

Since the beging it was very suspicious that the executive producer never went to the set, or did any interview or apeared in any promotional event.

And if this news come from Sina they are true, it is the most trustworthy sorce about entretainment and this kind of thing in china.

And about sensei toriyama well it was also quite suspicious that all we saw was a letter no reliable interview or video, smells like rat.

Japanese have a way to expres disagre on something in a polite maner, that may be lost of us westerners.

Ok this is great, keep going the truth is out there, we will see what people really think about this movie.

Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chulance Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:39 pm

Hey Goku lamen something. What up my man? Darn Jessie? I'll go back in time and take my fridge
Chulance
Chulance
Supreme ruler of DBZ
Supreme ruler of DBZ

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:55 pm

Frank is a happy bunny and Venustiano is happy too!

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chulance Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:56 pm

I'm happy and Abridged Mr. popo is watching us MUHAHAHAHAHA!
Chulance
Chulance
Supreme ruler of DBZ
Supreme ruler of DBZ

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum