Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Raging Blast Site Now Open EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Raging Blast Site Now Open

+3
Nikku
lol1991
Son Goku
7 posters

Go down

Raging Blast Site Now Open Empty Raging Blast Site Now Open

Post by Son Goku Fri May 22, 2009 6:47 pm

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/db_ragingblast/

This game has by far, the worst graphics I have seen for the PS3/XBOX 360. It's totally unacceptable that this game barely looks different from Tenkaichi 3/Sparking Meteor. Spike is just terrible at making games with decent graphics.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Raging Blast Site Now Open Left_bar_bleue100/100Raging Blast Site Now Open Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://blogs.ign.com/I_LIKE_TURTLES

Back to top Go down

Raging Blast Site Now Open Empty Re: Raging Blast Site Now Open

Post by lol1991 Fri May 22, 2009 7:05 pm

Dude, did you play BT3.

The graphics have improved a lot. And I'm yet to see the game play.

This is shaping up to bring "Fighting Game of the Year" back to the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Raging Blast Site Now Open Left_bar_bleue100/100Raging Blast Site Now Open Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Sat May 23, 2009 7:16 am

Yay, Tenkaichi!!

But the graphics... Oh my god what the hell happened here? They just pass for a PS2 game but not PS3. Come on Spike!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Sat May 23, 2009 11:55 am

lol1991 wrote:Dude, did you play BT3.

The graphics have improved a lot. And I'm yet to see the game play.

This is shaping up to bring "Fighting Game of the Year" back to the Budokai Tenkaichi series.

I never played it, but I saw tons of videos of it on YouTube and the character models and backgrounds are of the same quality at BT2, but ki charging and camera angles were improved, which is why I passed that game and just stuck with the second game.

The BT series had better graphics than Dimps' Budokai series. Dimps vastly improved their graphics, but Spike kept theirs nearly the same. I don't like that the backgrounds are going for the realistic style. I never thought it worked well with DBZ and didn't match the anime characters.

If you look at some of the screen shots, there's just not much of a difference in the character models other than their fingers being separated, the models are slightly less blocky, and the Super Saiyan hair color is improved.

I like the play style of the Tenkaichi series, but really...what more can they do with it. They better not strip it like Dimps did with Burst Limit to give themselves a bad excuse to 'add' what is already in previous titles for Raging Blast 2 and 3.

Here's a comparison of Burst Limit and Raging Blast:

Raging Blast Site Now Open Dbzb

Raging Blast Site Now Open Dbza

And here's Goku in BT3:

Raging Blast Site Now Open Dragon-ball-z-budokai-tenkaichi-3--

Krillin in RB:

Raging Blast Site Now Open Dbzragingblast

Krillin in BT2:

Raging Blast Site Now Open Kuririn
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sat May 23, 2009 12:09 pm

Trust me on this one. I played both games. BT3 as graphics that surpass BT2, especially in the auras and beam attacks. And the gameplay is vastly superior as well. You can do much more. It simulates Dragon Ball much better.

Still screenshoots can't be used to judge this game. I'll wait for some videos.
But from what I see, especially the Krillin model, it's definitely improved, even if just a bit. And if it didn't improve here, then in the gameplay and number of characters and story mode, I'm sure it will improve very much.
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Sat May 23, 2009 3:55 pm

I'm still disappointed because remember when people were saying the next Tenkaichi game would look like the intros and all. I knew it wouldn't look like that, but I was hoping Spike would have taken a hint from Dimps in the graphics department. At least they could share some since it's the same publisher. It'd be awesome if this game had the same graphics as BL.

The other thing that worries me is how these lazy developers love to strip their games when they go next-gen. I know American football isn't big in Europe but, if anyone on here ever played Madden '05 for the PS2 or XBOX and then played Madden '06 for the 360 would know exactly what I'm talking about. The graphics were better, but it had none of the features from previous games. They just gradually put those features back into the games year-to-year.

Same goes for the difference between Budokai 3 and Burst Limit. Great graphics, but stripped gameplay, characters, levels.

My guess is they're changing things up to make BL, then RB, then BL2, then RB2, then BL3, then RB3 I guess to get people more interested in buying the game instead of thinking 'well the improved version will be out next year'. Now it's going to take 6 years to get to #3 for both titles.

Anyway, if they're going to make the game look this bad they might as well have put it on the Wii, since it can handle these crappy graphics. The gameplay would have been more interesting at least.

If anything, the stages better be freaking huge.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sat May 23, 2009 4:00 pm

I guess if they made a better graphics engine, the other stuff would suffer. I prefer normal graphics and better gameplay
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Sat May 23, 2009 4:11 pm

Son Goku wrote:The other thing that worries me is how these lazy developers love to strip their games when they go next-gen. I know American football isn't big in Europe but, if anyone on here ever played Madden '05 for the PS2 or XBOX and then played Madden '06 for the 360 would know exactly what I'm talking about. The graphics were better, but it had none of the features from previous games. They just gradually put those features back into the games year-to-year.

Same goes for the difference between Budokai 3 and Burst Limit. Great graphics, but stripped gameplay, characters, levels.

I thought I was the only one in the World that acknowledged this! I'm really annoyed at next gen games because there's nothing to freaking do! Look at Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance; that game came out in 2002 for the PS2 and had loads of characters, over 600 things to unlock in the Krypt, the Konquest mode, extra videos, loads of stuff. Now look at Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe six years later, what have we got? A short Story Mode, crappier pointless endings (one picture), shitty Kombo Challenges and thats fuckin' it. The characters have far less moves than in Deadly Alliance too.

Shin Budokai 2 had around 20 characters, a long story mode, you could buy stuff with zenie earned after a fight, you could customize your own personal stamp, there were quite a few other modes too. Burst Limit, was just a watered down SB2 with crappier gameplay, stupid retarded difficulty, crappier animation (SB2's was much smoother), an intro that was just clips of the gameplay (SB2 at least had original artwork), changed combos, a short story mode that ended after Cell, about 2 other modes and thats it.

Spider-Man Web of Shadows took the piss with its city. You could only swing/run around the main city, not the other islands, not the subways or sewers and it had pretty poor graphics too.

Developers need to get off their asses and TRY with their next gen games.
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Sat May 23, 2009 4:17 pm

Nikku wrote:
Son Goku wrote:The other thing that worries me is how these lazy developers love to strip their games when they go next-gen. I know American football isn't big in Europe but, if anyone on here ever played Madden '05 for the PS2 or XBOX and then played Madden '06 for the 360 would know exactly what I'm talking about. The graphics were better, but it had none of the features from previous games. They just gradually put those features back into the games year-to-year.

I thought I was the only one in the World that acknowledged this! I'm really annoyed at next gen games because there's nothing to freaking do! Look at Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance; that game came out in 2002 for the PS2 and had loads of characters, over 600 things to unlock in the Krypt, the Konquest mode, extra videos, loads of stuff. Now look at Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe six years later, what have we got? A short Story Mode, crappier pointless endings (one picture), shitty Kombo Challenges and thats fuckin' it. The characters have far less moves than in Deadly Alliance too.

Shin Budokai 2 had around 20 characters, a long story mode, you could buy stuff with zenie earned after a fight, you could customize your own personal stamp, there were quite a few other modes too. Burst Limit, was just a watered down SB2 with crappier gameplay, stupid retarded difficulty, crappier animation (SB2's was much smoother), an intro that was just clips of the gameplay (SB2 at least had original artwork), changed combos, a short story mode that ended after Cell, about 2 other modes and thats it.

Spider-Man Web of Shadows took the piss with its city. You could only swing/run around the main city, not the other islands, not the subways or sewers and it had pretty poor graphics too.

Developers need to get off their asses and TRY with their next gen games.

They're all doing this. Even GTA IV is guilty of this, which is a reason I wasn't a big fan of that game, which in my opinion did NOT deserve a 10/10 from Ign. I had so much more fun with San Andreas, there was so much stuff to do. Dance, ride bikes and planes, instead of just cars. The city was HUGE and not just boring buildings everywhere. You could even play story mode with a friend like in Fable 2. With GTA IV, they brought back the extremely boring Liberty City, took away the ability to change your appearance dramatically (whoopty-doo a suit and and sunglasses and street clothes of varying colors). Not to mention all the fun vehicles were taken out, and all the mini games were just pool and darts. Everything else was just sitting there watching a comic show and getting annoyed by people calling you on your cell phone. That game was BORING!
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Sat May 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Holy crap...

It's really stupid. They're charging more for less. It's like the sticker book stickers; the Star Wars Episode II stickers were 6 for 30p. Episode III one were 5 for 35p.
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Tue May 26, 2009 8:51 pm

Another reason I wish the economy would get better. Now the games are suffering.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Wed May 27, 2009 6:13 am

I sense a 'Videogame Crash of 2009' is near...
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chulance Wed May 27, 2009 7:51 pm

Destroy All humans is one of my favorite series and has great gameplay. The first one amazign, the second one better, the third is this a play station 1 game made for PS3?
Chulance
Chulance
Supreme ruler of DBZ
Supreme ruler of DBZ

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://www.youtube.com/user/chulance

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Thu May 28, 2009 8:41 am

Yep just from all those screenshots you can see that higher polygon count does not have to mean better look Wink

For me T3 is much better looking than Raging Blast, DBZ was always blocky, edgy and spiky, not rounded and curvy...sure Raging Blast is not that much rounded, but still enough to be much worse than Tenkaichi for me

Effects and such things are probably better but models are not.

Use Budokai 3 for example, its an old game and its models are really low polygon meshes, but they draw almost full potential of what that given poly count allows them to do, AND THATS whats for me a great, nicely optimized game with GOOD DESIGN.
Same for Tenkaichi's.

This Raging Blast is rather game which took Tenkaichi models increase their polygon count and smoothed them out, just as Son Goku and I concluded already.

Don't take me now as the hugest and most picky nerd on earth(even though I kinda am Razz) since I actually don't dislike Raging Blast of course, especially since I am aware of how SUPER HARD is to make any 3D game in this world, but I just wanna say that its not looking good as for example Tenkaichi looks, IMHO.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Thu May 28, 2009 9:25 am

I'm not bashing this game yet cause it's to early.

When BT3 was coming out everybody thought there was no difference from BT2 by looking at the early screen shots, and when it actually came out, it was a WAY better game. Not only graphically, but gameplay wise as well.

I don't trust early pictures, hell the game might not even be finished yet. So with (I think LOL said), I'll wait for some videos to pop up.
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://thestoryuniverse.motion-forum.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by 4Neodemon Sat May 30, 2009 9:11 am

Son Goku wrote:

My guess is they're changing things up to make BL, then RB, then BL2, then RB2, then BL3, then RB3 I guess to get people more interested in buying the game instead of thinking 'well the improved version will be out next year'. Now it's going to take 6 years to get to #3 for both titles.

Anyway, if they're going to make the game look this bad they might as well have put it on the Wii, since it can handle these crappy graphics. The gameplay would have been more interesting at least.

If anything, the stages better be freaking huge.

I totally agree!!
Its always like that... remember in BT1?? the characters were not even able to transform into super sayan...lol!! They always make the first game very bad... they are already thinking in the sequels!! Pure business Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
4Neodemon
4Neodemon
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sat May 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Come one, give them a chance.

The Tenkaichi series as never failed to deliver.
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Sat May 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Very true.
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://thestoryuniverse.motion-forum.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down