Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
What would happen if the moon vanished? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

What would happen if the moon vanished?

+4
Jessica Raine
Ha!
lol1991
justinlynch3
8 posters

Go down

What would happen if the moon vanished? Empty What would happen if the moon vanished?

Post by justinlynch3 Tue May 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Like if we just woke up one day and scientist said the moon suddenly vanished. What would happen?
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
What would happen if the moon vanished? Left_bar_bleue100/100What would happen if the moon vanished? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://thestoryuniverse.motion-forum.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

What would happen if the moon vanished? Empty Re: What would happen if the moon vanished?

Post by lol1991 Tue May 26, 2009 2:52 pm

Bad shit.

The effect of the gravitational field of the moon on the Earth influences tidal
effects, among other things. Floods everywhere.
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
What would happen if the moon vanished? Left_bar_bleue100/100What would happen if the moon vanished? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

What would happen if the moon vanished? Empty Re: What would happen if the moon vanished?

Post by Ha! Tue May 26, 2009 5:01 pm

You die.
Ha!
Ha!
Gray hair dude
Gray hair dude

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Tue May 26, 2009 5:29 pm

Sailor moon would go insane and get her hands on some military weapons and go on a killing spree
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://jessicaraine.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Tue May 26, 2009 5:37 pm

Maybe then the show would actually be good. Razz
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Tue May 26, 2009 5:39 pm

I dunno if its just cause of nostalgia, but I like that show...
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Tue May 26, 2009 5:50 pm

*shug* Dunno.

Anyway, back to more crazy effects on Earth if the moon vanished. Smile
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Tue May 26, 2009 5:53 pm

the bunnies would have no place to make their mochi...
What would happen if the moon vanished? 376855823_1848569
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Tue May 26, 2009 5:56 pm

One long ladder. Razz
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Tue May 26, 2009 6:07 pm

and now it leads to nowhere
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Tue May 26, 2009 6:16 pm

We can point it towards the sun. Razz
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Tue May 26, 2009 6:17 pm

not long enough.
the mochi bunnies are migrating to mars
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Wed May 27, 2009 6:19 am

But... but the moon did just vanish. Piccolo destroyed it.

And I love Sailor Moon!!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by sonaditya Wed May 27, 2009 8:46 am

Speaking in pure scientific terms, the absence of the Moon's Gravity will disturb the tidal cycle. The Center of mass of the earth-moon system will shift back to the center of the earth and the earth will follow its elliptical orbit perfectly.

No affraid
sonaditya
sonaditya
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by secor Wed May 27, 2009 9:09 am

sonaditya wrote:The Center of mass of the earth-moon system will shift back to the center of the earth and the earth will follow its elliptical orbit perfectly.

No affraid
hence leaving us with only 2 seasons. thats more of a question than a statement but im pretty sure if the earths orbit were to be changed by changing its center of gravity (literally, the earth kind of shares its center of gravity with the moon because its so close and the both orbit the sun) its orbit would be less elliptical and as we all (should) know seasons are created by the earths axis AND its orbit.
sidebar: my spanish teacher in 7th or 8th grade (and all my old classmated from then) is retarded, she thought the earth was closer to the sun during summer, no hoe, only in the southern hemisphere, WHERE WE DONT LIVE! i tried to tell her too, i was disrupting the class with the facts while she was doing whatever stupid thing she was doing on the chalkboard, i kno she heard me too, shes just stupid... /rant (i do that too much)
anyway that would be horrible im sure for many reasons but i dont feel like thinkin about it right now
secor
secor
the portmanteauist
the portmanteauist

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by sonaditya Wed May 27, 2009 11:51 am

[quote="secor"]

hence leaving us with only 2 seasons. thats more of a question than a statement but im pretty sure if the earths orbit were to be changed by changing its center of gravity (literally, the earth kind of shares its center of gravity with the moon because its so close and the both orbit the sun) its orbit would be less elliptical and as we all (should) know seasons are created by the earths axis AND its orbit.

[center of mass and gravity FOR A SPHERE are the same, right?]

Earth does have its own center of mass, but that of the earth-moon system lies within the earth, but not exactly at the earth's center. This is because most of the mass of the system is concentrated in the earth. And as two mass systems orbit around their center of mass, both earth and moon orbit around that center of mass. as a result of this, earth's orbit around the sun is not perfectly elliptical. So, in th absence of the moon, the COM of the earth will be the actual center of th earth.

btw, don't we have two seasons? Summer and Winter are the major seasons, and Spring and Autumn are only transitions, right?

sidebar:-
my 6th standard teacher told us that snakes don't have a vertebral column!!
sonaditya
sonaditya
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by secor Wed May 27, 2009 6:31 pm

lol @ ur stupid teacher

spring and autumn are definite seasons, summer and winter are just more extreme in the spectrum of our climate. figure out what you can about solstices and whatnot, i got a 96 in advanced earth science in 8th grade, and thats not for 1 quarter, thats the average for the whole year, and it would've been even higher, 98 or 99, but my teacher lost a project i did (bastard), but what i mean is that i kno fall and spring are more than just transitions. more proof of that is that they last almost as long as summer and winter (well they used to, global warming and whatnot).

abouts earths COM, i get what ur saying, i think u think im saying something different, im not. due to the moon, or center of mass always circles the earth, not around it tho, the earth is so much bigger than the moon that the center of mass for their total mass actually still lies in the crust of the earth. this i dont know for sure, but its possible if earth is as big in comparison to the moon as i think it is, and as close as i think it is, in comparison to how far they both are to the sun. but say im wrong about those two things, either way our COM is changed in the same way (by the moon existence), the earth n its moon together act as a large triangular spinning mass of matter (empty space in between, as that may be), that means that one complete revolution (the moon around the earth) makes this triangular mass wobble, changing the earths orbit around the sun.

/essay
secor
secor
the portmanteauist
the portmanteauist

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chulance Wed May 27, 2009 7:13 pm

Well the death rate would increase there is traffic and car crashes. The moon reflects the light of the sun to cause moonlight it would be total darknes and more crashes. Ships might hit things they don't detect and so on. We'd need to stay in doors more at night to be safe.
Chulance
Chulance
Supreme ruler of DBZ
Supreme ruler of DBZ

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://www.youtube.com/user/chulance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down