Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Dragon Ball special EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Dragon Ball special EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Dragon Ball special EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Dragon Ball special EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Dragon Ball special EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Dragon Ball special EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Dragon Ball special EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Dragon Ball special EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Dragon Ball special EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Dragon Ball special EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Dragon Ball special EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Dragon Ball special EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Dragon Ball special EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Dragon Ball special EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Dragon Ball special EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Dragon Ball special EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Dragon Ball special EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Dragon Ball special EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Dragon Ball special EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Dragon Ball special EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Dragon Ball special

+2
ningen
VEGETA_DTX
6 posters

Go down

Dragon Ball special Empty Dragon Ball special

Post by VEGETA_DTX Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:37 am

This is not related to the crappy DB LAM but its surely a big news!
This year’s 21st issue (released on April 21) of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine has announced that a “Jump Super Anime Tour” will visit 10 Japanese cities this fall with new anime specials for Dragon Ball and One Piece. The tour is the eighth project that celebrates the 40th anniversary of the magazine. The magazine also hints that at least one other title will also be animated.
Dragon Ball special Onepie10

My Comment:
DAAAMN! just like I expected! Budokai Opening style! no no no NOOO!!! Its not bad... but MAAAN! WHY COULDN'T THEY MAKE IT IN A GOOD OLD STYLE...daaamn...I am not pissed off but WHY... I MEAN I AM PISSED OFF!
I don't dislike that style, it looks nice but its too gummy and to deformable just not enough EDGY like the original style...on the other hand animation will probably be great but its just not the saaaameee!...DAAAARRRN IT!!!

Ah well after DB LAM I really shouldn't be worried about this...If nothing else It won't be much impressive an thats all Wink
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Dragon Ball special Left_bar_bleue100/100Dragon Ball special Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dragon Ball special Empty Re: Dragon Ball special

Post by ningen Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:38 am

I just don't now why do they think that the original style should be changed...
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Dragon Ball special Left_bar_bleue100/100Dragon Ball special Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:45 am

Yeah that always bothered me, why changing it even a little bit...?
but I hope its just cover, because every cover of the new Dragon Ball DVDs is covered like that, and every Budokai cover and opening is in that style also...So I honestly hope its just a cover...

But anyway we should relax, bottom line - its not the end of the world......LIKE IT IS THE CASE WITH THIS CRAPPY LIVE ACTION MOVIE!!!! Evil or Very Mad
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Infinitus Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:11 pm

Wait...Wat? "Changed style"? I don't get it. confused scratch
Good drawing looks good.
Infinitus
Infinitus
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Superman Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:29 pm

Infinitus wrote:Wait...Wat? "Changed style"? I don't get it. confused scratch
Good drawing looks good.

Yeah. I also didn't quite understand about the style.
Superman
Superman
Superman
Superman

http://crtam4fun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:29 pm

It's not so bad. Toriyama himself has changed the way the character models look. I'm just happy they didn't redesign the characters to look the way they do in the movie. Could you image how bad THAT would be?). Anyway, they do this because if they were to make it look identical, but updated to look like Toriyama's covers, the budget for animation would be...APOCALYPTIC! lol.

As long as the characters look like they should, the coloring is the bright way it is in DBZ, and that it doesn't look all dark and edgy (with awful character models with horrible animation) like in GT, I'm fine with it. Just make the character move fluidly.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://blogs.ign.com/I_LIKE_TURTLES

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:03 am

Agreed, but for me drawing is bit more important than animation... I mean aniamtion was great in some scenes of the DBZ episodes... not to talk about Fusion Reborn and The Dragon Fist Assault, those are first DBZ movies with 30 fps! because beck then before 94 they never had anything better than 24 fps
So Fusion Reborn and The Dragon Fist Assault were DAMN GREAT ANIMATED!!! yet ITS PERFECTLY DRAWN! Man I'd kill for this special to be done like that! I don't like even a slightest change...
But ok its not bad...

But still I hope thats its just a cover that's drawn in that style and the special itsefl is good old stuff! Wink
but if its not, it is not the end of the world, though I would be a little bit disappointed :/
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:44 am

Why to change the style of something that made lots of fans by being like it is... One Piece also... It is very interesting, and should not be messed up... 'specially now when it turned over 500 chapters which means they are doing it in right way...
Iceman
Iceman
Lvl. 70 krelac (epic)
Lvl. 70 krelac (epic)

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:17 am

Yep, but this is not much different thanx god... True change is Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie >>> Street Fighter Alpha...
even SFA have good sides and greatly aniamted and drawn scenes but thats just NOT the Ryu, Ken and the rest of the crew, which we liked for years...

But I hope for the best.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:40 pm

Well, Toriyama has changed his style of character drawings over the years. I'm sure you all know how flashbacks of Goku in the DBZ part of the manga (around the cell saga) Goku was drawn a little differently than how he was in the first chapters of DB. As long as it stays true to Toriyama's drawing style and has...let's say 60 fps that'd be awesome.

Lol, btw how many fps did GT have 2? Lol, I'm talking about the Omega Shenron fight, seriously go find a video of the fight on YouTube, turn the volume all the way down and just look at the animation. Most of the fight is like 2 different pictures with a shooting star background and the characters' mouths opening and closing. Lol, so low budget, reminds me of the old Speed Racer episodes.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:17 pm

Well yeah Akira's style was improving with every volume a liiiittle bit, but still the base of the style ALWAYS kept EXACTLY the same and thats what I respect SOOOOO MUCH!

and 60 fps would've been SICK MAN!!! that would have been the best cartoon animation ever probably I SO look forward to that if thats possible for them to do(theoretically and practically it's absolutely possible)...

The 30 is standard fps rate for everything today... everything above 30 is usually used in /sport/science/nature TV shows, like slowmotion of the cheeters or such, so once recorded 60fps, you can slow it down as twice as much the original speed and it will still stay perfectly fluent...
not to talk about the water balloon thing...that camera have unbelievable framerate - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrH5j5kHC28
Now many people would say something like "naaah why would I be excited about watching DB in 60 when everything above 35 fps is not noticeable buy human eye!" - THATS MINDLESS!!! trust me on that! even the people with slowest perception framerate(old people)can notice the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps.
60fps DBZ would've been FREAKIN EPILEPTIC GODDAMN AWESOME!!! Very Happy It would rock our faces off!

Now in GT was all in 30 fps BUT they never used all 30 fps of course Very Happy, I think they used maximally 20 in some of the scenes whit Omega Shenron...I know what you mean, there were some just horrible scenes including Omega Shenron...
but if the scenes themself would've been good, than the framerate wouldn't matter THAT much, but that was just terrible...like many GT scenes...
Till the end of Freeza Saga DBZ didn't had enough technology for more than 23, but it used all 23 in majority of scenes, and it still looks pretty much fluent to me...
(Well there are some horribly drawn and animated episodes/scenes in DBZ 🤷 but majority is perfect to me!)

OMG what a post of mine, I am so easy to lose myself Very Happy ah relaxed...somewhat offtopic from time to time is completely acceptable here ^^ after all its my forum! Laughing *Goku's laugh and scrach at the back of the head"
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:30 pm

lol, yeah. Not to get too off topic myself, but my favorite horribly-drawn scene was Goku getting his driver's license. His head was about the size of a Dragon Ball and his upper arms were ENORMOUS! It was so badly drawn, but that made it really funny.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:36 am

Actually I like when they are buff and when their heads are small in comparison to body... but yeah, when he's in a normal stage it looks weird and funny as hell Very Happy
For example Broly's head(in a LSSJ stage) can easily fit 4-5 times into his shoulders Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy and thats one of the reasons why he looks so huge and awesome...same with Vegeta and Trunks Ultimate SSJ1 in the Cell saga, just so buff, I really like that stage. But yeah, every stage is great in its own way.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum