Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
New Interview with James Marsters EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
New Interview with James Marsters EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
New Interview with James Marsters EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
New Interview with James Marsters EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
New Interview with James Marsters EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
New Interview with James Marsters EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
New Interview with James Marsters EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
New Interview with James Marsters EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
New Interview with James Marsters EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
New Interview with James Marsters EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
New Interview with James Marsters EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
New Interview with James Marsters EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
New Interview with James Marsters EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
New Interview with James Marsters EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
New Interview with James Marsters EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
New Interview with James Marsters EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
New Interview with James Marsters EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
New Interview with James Marsters EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
New Interview with James Marsters EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
New Interview with James Marsters EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

New Interview with James Marsters

4 posters

Go down

New Interview with James Marsters Empty New Interview with James Marsters

Post by VEGETA_DTX Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:56 pm

What is the difference between the original and the live-action movie ?

JM: Definitely the story of this movie is different from the original. But it's a necessary change because we need to condense the long story of the original for a movie. For example, some characters in the original don't appear in the movie. And we try to give it a more gritty and graphic (realistic) feeling.Editor's note: Ugh! I knew they would make it 'gritty'. DB isn't supposed to be gritty and realstic, it's supposed to be goofy, bright and colorful.

Though there are differences between the two, I think it is all right if the core part of Dragonball remains. I let my son watch the anime's Dragonball, DBZ and DBGT since he was eight years old. At first, I thought it was too violent, but I realized this is the best show for training to become a true man. True men need not to flaunt themselves. Their calm, gentle and modest but when it comes to the crunch they don't hesitate to kill the enemy, and I think that's what Goku is.

Goku is a real man. I know my son received such a message and applied it to his own life. My son doesn't use violence to others, but he isn't afraid of his own anger. I think it's an important thing.Editor's Note: I disagree, Goku hesitated many times and even let his enemies go for the most part (think Raditz, Frieza, Piccolo Jr., and fat Buu) The only time he did destroy them is when there was just no other choice and he made sure kid Buu would be reborn after he killed him. The only case that didn't apply was King Piccolo.

How many hours does it take to apply the make-up?

JM: It takes about four hours. Luckily, my make-up artist is very chatty, we have a lot of chat during the make up.

Please tell us the most remarkable scene in the movie, especially action scenes!

JM: It is the last battle after all! I like playing the battle scene. When I worked for a TV show for seven years, every Friday I fought till sun rise, I felt I would never have such a good time again until now. In addition, I have never gotten terribly hurt (laugh).

Do you talk with other co-stars as well?

JM: When I have a problem, I have a talk with Justin [Chatwin]. At first, we worried about the costumes. We thought it should reflect the spirit of the original, we persisted this thought to the producers. We didn't want to make our characters beautiful and safe. I talked with Justin, and he agreed with me. So did the director. Editor's note, sounds like Chatwin was just going along with what he, the more experienced actor said. Also, it's safe to say they didn't prevent Goku from being turned "beautiful and safe" with the casting of Chatwin and the way he looks and dresses.

What do you care about in acting for this movie?

JM: That's a good question. Speaking of Piccolo, one word comes into my mind, it's "loneliness". Piccolo is always floating in the air in the beautiful landscape, but he never even admires the landscape, he is only thinking or musing and staring at his feet. I think that is a characteristic of piccolo more than anything else. Maybe it must be a characteristic for revenge. He hates himself and blames the people who has trapped him. His desire to kill not only them but their family, furthermore to destroy the city and the planet they live and protect. To get revenge is everything to him. Everything.

How was shooting in Durango?

JM: The desert of Durango is very cold at night (laugh). I was luckily wearing armor, but Goku was freezing at the beginning of shooting. The local people are very kind and get along with us. Besides they love to party very much! If I didn't have work, I would be willing to join them. They are drinking and singing songs until 4:30 a.m. But I need to sleep for the shooting the next day, after all so I changed the hotel to get away from the partying people.One major thing I hope doesn't result from movie is people thinking of that wimp Chatwin whenever the name Goku is mentioned. He doesn't deserve to be Goku.

Finally, please give us a message to our readers in Japan.

JM: Japan is beautiful. Thank you for giving Dragonball to us! It's an important show to us all and I want you to watch it, especially the young people. I thank the show for a lot of good times with my son. I'll do my best to meet the high expectations the fans have.
Yeah, I'll pass on watching it, sorry but that's what happens when everyone else involved in the movie sucks. I don't think he's enough to save this movie from the drastic character and story changes along with the slew of crappy actors and director involved. If only everyone involved in the movie was as committed as he was and if only they would have made it CGI.

Thanx to Son Goku -Source

My comment: I better not start off...I totally agree with everything that Son Goku said! its all thats green...
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
New Interview with James Marsters Left_bar_bleue100/100New Interview with James Marsters Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Interview with James Marsters Empty Re: New Interview with James Marsters

Post by Tlaloc Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:53 am

James Masters just know no dick on DB.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
New Interview with James Marsters Left_bar_bleue100/100New Interview with James Marsters Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:33 am

Yep, I think so too, his son might know, so he got into it thanx to his son, but he never really been a fan nor felt that powerful feel of this cartoon.
If he did, he'd refuse his role and would be now with us, or somewhere else but still boycotting it Very Happy
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Radek Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:27 pm

I think James Marsters is cool.... he definitely knows his character which is why he tried to at least stay faithful......but fuck fox....also...a new pic of chatwin in orange gi is online.....at Jappo's site...looks corny and dumb....

Radek
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saiyan Prince Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:05 am

I think that Marsters is the only bright side of the movie..... Neutral
Saiyan Prince
Saiyan Prince
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Back to top Go down