Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast

4 posters

Go down

Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast Empty Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast

Post by lol1991 Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:05 am

So...My friend got the game. Yesterday, before I went to the cinema, I went to meet him and played for about 3 hours.

Here's the gist...awesome!! Why? Because I was expecting it to be REALLY bad.

It's not really. The graphics, which were a major concern of mine, are nothing like one would expect. They are GOOD. They match a PS3 fighting game, good one anyway. Why? Because, if it was just those visuals and the other things were poor like some recent fighting games, I'd give it a bad grade...but other stuff is HUGE! And the visuals and other things alone are pretty good. The beams are very well made, show difference from similar ones. But most importantly is the sound effects. I noticed TONS of effects from the actual anime. Like SSJ powering up and others.
Plus, there's certain little details about the movements and character models that just make it much more smother than the BT series. Sets are HUGE and like Nikku already mentioned, very pleasant to look at.
The ultimates are well made. You most of the times get a nice face of your opponent in pain and misery. Piccolo's light grenade in particular gives you a zoom out of the blast engulfing the entire area.
All in all...the ultimates are, despite shorter...much more visual pleasing and give you that sense of ownage or getting owned.

You have a LOT of stuff to do in this game. Story mode is a pain because to unlock certain sets you need to do certain missions in others...and to unlock the missions you need to do the respective set once...gay as fuck. The story has what if sagas that are a threat to play of course.

Gameplay wise: Totally different...MUCH BETTER! Tons of combos, LOTS of customization. You can select your characters attacks (the ultimates) and the new stat customization is funny! It's kinda like tetris. You have pieces with certain shapes and you fit them into a predetermined space. You, of course, need to properly balance this, and can increase the size through the actual game.

Overall: I'd give it a 6/10 for a non DBZ fan. For a DBZ fan...9/10...why? I would have given it an 8/10 under normal circumstances, but the fact this game surprised me so much positively...I'll give it an extra point

PS: SIDE NOTE! I discovered this to my joy...Ginyu FINALLY has his ultimate right. He ALWAYS switches with Goku, and can still do ALL his attacks. He gets the health bonus and all that. Result...it's now awesome!
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast Left_bar_bleue100/100Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast Empty Re: Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast

Post by Nikku Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:25 am

Yay! I've been playing it alot more recently and its definitely grown on me. The custom stuff is much better than in BT3 and those what ifs are good (especially the funny Yamcha vs Vegeta for Bulma's love one!).

The gameplay and difficulty are SO much better than in Burst Limit. For example, the CPU doesn't block all your combos after you do each one once like in BL. Really, this game craps on BL and tries to pretend it never existed.

Here's hoping we get actual DLC in the future though and not just more customised characters. Hows about Mystic Gohan and Dabura, Spike?

One thing I do like is that every character shares the same way of doing combos (Square x4 then Triangle is Heavy Finish for all characters for example).

The only things BL had over Raging Blast were the theme tune and the graphics. Thats all.
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast Left_bar_bleue100/100Review on Dragon Ball Raging Blast Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:51 pm

Meh, I didn't explore every character and everything. These are just the things that stood out in about...2 hours of gameplay plus what my friend told me about the game (he had already done the story mode, was still doing missions)
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:00 pm

Sounds awesome. I'd buy it if I had the system, though I'd buy all DBZ games if I had the systems. Razz
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://thestoryuniverse.motion-forum.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Chulance Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:34 pm

I plan to get this game.

I got Madden 10 though, it's a pretty cool game.

The next game I'm getting is this one, God of War(All 3), GTA 4, and Assassin's creed 2 Very Happy
Chulance
Chulance
Supreme ruler of DBZ
Supreme ruler of DBZ

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://www.youtube.com/user/chulance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down