Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
My Story! EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
My Story! EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
My Story! EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
My Story! EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
My Story! EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
My Story! EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
My Story! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
My Story! EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
My Story! EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
My Story! EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
My Story! EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
My Story! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
My Story! EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
My Story! EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
My Story! EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
My Story! EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
My Story! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
My Story! EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
My Story! EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
My Story! EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

My Story!

4 posters

Go down

My Story! Empty My Story!

Post by Portgas D. Ace Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:52 pm

I was 9 years old when I first discovered Dragon Ball. I was in the third grade and was having the crappiest year of my life so far. I was just channel surfing and all of a sudden I came upon Goku and Piccolo's fight with Raditz and I was instantly addicted to the whole franchise and I always wanted to more about it. In other words it really took up a lot of my time and it thought me important life lessons. I found out of about the Live Action film around 2006/2007, pretty late but when I first heard of it I was initially excited at the thought of it but then I said to myself "What, how is this going to work?" I shared the news with everyone I could find and while some shared my excitment others were either unimpressed or annoyed, needless to say I was confused by their reactions, I mean this is a Live Action Dragonball film after all, it's going to be epic. Or rather it should be epic. I had never seen a live action anime adaptation before so this so have been something really special. Now you have to realize that I wasn't being manipulated by anyone or anything, I was simply pondering and enjoying the thought of seeing my favorite show being protrayed on the big screen, nothing wrong with that is there? As the pictures and plot info came about I was again excited until I got a good look at things. The cast as far as I'm concerned are good, they are all good actors in my book (with the possible exception of Jamie Chung and the original characters) and yes that includes Justin Chatwin. (I realize that he was no good in War of the Worlds but then again the whole film was no good, he however gave a good performance in The Invisible). My problems began with the plot and story. "Goku is considered uncool and unpopular in high school and he goes at it with the bully for 'stealing' his girlfriend; Chi Chi who's an 'it' girl". When I first read this I said to myself "WTF why's Goku in school and why is Chi Chi an 'it' girl dating some random dude, this never happened". Obviously I was ridiculously upset by this, but I saw others defending the changes with statements "like Bulma may have sent Goku to school to be more civilized and it's only minor". This made so sence to me at the time and put me at ease, as you can see I just didn't want to believe that someone was mocking the anime that I loved and that there was a real narative process going on. But then I asked myself "well how do these changes contribute to the history and traits of the characters? And if the high school session is so minor then why is it needed at all?" I could not come up with any logical reasoning that made sence. Next the character apperances were another problem. At least for Chatwin they included Goku's 2 signiture pieces of clothing as for his hair well it didn't really bother me much, it's at least as unnatural as Goku's but that's not the best effort they could have given a better effort all the same. After that pretty much no one eles looks like their character. Yamcha has blond hair, Piccolo has no antannas and is white, and Roshi has hair, WTF is going on. Again I heard the same excuesses; Yamcha looks cool like DBZ Yamcha, who would take a green guy seriously, and at least he looks more like Jackie Chun. While the later may be somewhat true, I couldn't believe people were saying this, I mean we can't even recognize them and you think that's a good thing? As far as I'm concerned the person who most looked like her anime conterpart is Jamie Chung, who is way too hot to be playing Chi Chi but you have to admit she does resemble her. As for Emmy Rossum she does look like Bulma with the exception of her hair color, which was changed to look more realistice. But it dawned on me if we have alians and ki blasts and other such unrealistice things then why is blue hair so farfetched? From this point on I could only find more and more things wrong with this film that i initally didn't want to believe were ture because I turely wanted this film to be epic and all this while I didn't want to believe that those who were protesting could be right about this but in due time I could see the truth for myself; the film was nothing more than an attempt to make money from an ever popular franchise, and even worse without little to no for the original source material, it was a painful day for this fan to see the curruption that was lying withen the movie making networks and that they had chosen our beloved anime to exploit. Seriously the news of a live action Dragon Ball film SHOULD be an exciting thing if these studios cared about getting the story and other charateristics right but with the currupt studios in possesion of the rights its a nightmear whating to come true. And what's worse is that certain people aren't going to know and understand the tru nature of Dragon Ball and will base their opinion on the inaccurate adaptation. Now you've said; "I am not kind of person who understands the sentence "live with it" no, unfortunately no...If I am gonna live with something that is against my principles and against my pride I'LL FIGHT IT TILL I'M ALIVE." Which by the way makes you sound a lot like Vegeta (that's a compliment), this cetainly a valient effort on your path and it's true, if we all love Dragon Ball as much as we claim we can't just sit down and let them do this but here's my question what do we do in the even that there is a trilogy and we've been unsuccessful in stopping them, how do we live them b/c obviously just disregarding them won't be enough?
Portgas D. Ace
Portgas D. Ace
Just Born Saiyan
Just Born Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
My Story! Left_bar_bleue100/100My Story! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

My Story! Empty Re: My Story!

Post by Iceman Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:27 am

Wow... Didn't see this long post a loooooooong time... Well done!!! Great post, welcome and thanks for joining us!!!
Iceman
Iceman
Lvl. 70 krelac (epic)
Lvl. 70 krelac (epic)

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Saiyan Prince Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:06 am

Well pull my tail and call me a monkey....That was long!!! All true DB fans share your opinion and will fight to the end against this mockery of our "chilhood"...That cartoon thought me how to be a man, to never give up...It made me understand that my pride is more importan than anything (and i mean anything)!!! So welcome and fight the power!!!
Saiyan Prince
Saiyan Prince
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:04 am

@Portgas D. Ace, First and foremost - welcome! thank you for joining us and sharing your bright opinion with us!
Second, thanx for the complements!
Now, I totally respect your opinion, and think you are pretty right about most of what you said.
As you may already know, I hated the idea of DB LAM always(except the japanese DB done in computer graphic INVOLVING original creators) which makes me hard to enter your role of "being someone who like the DB LAM idea" and to see how you feel...but at least I can always respect it if nothing else, so its all fine Smile

Now if I understood your question I'll say:
Well we are fighting against the sequels as well Wink we mentioned that many times, in the video, in the petition and on this forum...so I hope people realize that if nothing else we just might prevent them....We know its not doing well as well as this whole petition....but we're keeping it up and hoping for the best!

Now since question is
how do we live them b/c obviously just disregarding them won't be enough?
Well if they come out, as for me I am sure I'll be always as big extremist about it as I am now(if I mentally survive their wretched release at all Very Happy) because just like you said, for me disregarding is not enough...
If it takes I will even wore T-Shirts with our logo everywhere I go Very Happy I won't lower my resistant opinion no matter what but also won't ever lower the respect towards other opinions...and I hope I proved it to you by not fully agreeing with you and still fully respecting your opinion.

Thanx again for the nice story and enjoy your stay! Wink

@Saiyan Prince, Nicely said man thanx for the moral boost! thats right FIGHT THE POWER!!!
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum