Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie.

3 posters

Go down

Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. Empty Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie.

Post by Portgas D. Ace Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:39 pm

So I got a chance to see one of the first preview screenings of the new Dragonball movie. Obviously skeptical and slightly worried how my childhood favourites would be portrayed on the silver screen, I was delightfully surprised to find out that it wasn’t as bad as I expected. So heres my opinions:

- Some of the actors were slightly miscast, Yun-Fat Chow as Master Roshi was always going to be a bad idea. His perverted-ness is completely erased and frankly he feels like a modern Mister Miyagi. That said a few of the actors fit their roles perfectly, Emmy Rossum, James Marsters & Jamie Chung were awesome. I am still stuck for an opinion on Chatwin considering he portrays Goku in a different way from what I came to expect. I’ll get back to you on him.

- The special effects are amazing. Thats all that needs to be said about them really. Absolutely spectacular. They are not photo-realistic, but then again they were never supposed to be. I won’t spoil to much though!

- The script is flawed and at times feels very rushed but it fits I suppose. Ben Ramsey did a more than good job but as a true Dragonball fan I am never going to be completely satisfied. Characters such as Krillin could have easily been included and would have fit right at home within James Wong’s Dragonball and to be honest, I don’t know why they were omitted.

The movie will possibly garner lukewarm reviews upon release but a casual Dragonball fan will enjoy it’s fun, lively take on the mythos. I for one recommend it & I can’t wait to see it again when it’s released next year!!

1. Hows the fighting

Spectacular at times. Other times it is fairly obvious that the fighters arn’t the Hollywood actors. Everything is done well, energy balls fly in all directions and surroundings are destroyed. Whats to be expected though, this is Dragonball?!

2. How green actually is Piccolo

Piccolo at the beginning, as his older-self is more pink than green. He changes about half an hour towards the end to his usual green. He looks very different from the cartoon in appearance. He lacks the usual white turban and purple jumpsuit. Plus his antenna are missing. This is beyond the point though because Marsters IS Piccolo, and the fact he plays the character so well means that his appearance really doesn’t matter.

3. Does he transform.

I think I pretty much answered this one.

4. How many fights are there

It depends how you refer to fights. There are lots on confrontations within the film but there are around four big fights in total. Two of which happen towards the end.

5. Whats the Oozaru look like

Oozaru is a beast in this film. Typically because of this been Hollywood he doesn’t kill Grandpa Gohan like in the original Dragonball series. That said, he does make Bulma crap her pants.

6. How long was it

93 Minutes Approx.

7. What rating will it be

Chances are a PG-13. The MPAA hasn’t rated it yet though. Note the fact I was at the FIRST preview screening.

8. Anything after the credits

Yes, only something tiny though. Goku flies off into the sunset.

9. Hows shrenron look

I don’t know how you expect me to describe these things but; alot of the time he is glazed out by bright orange light, his face anyway. It is possibly one of the only designs that stays almost complete true to it’s anime form.

10. Whats the Goku vs Piccolo fight like

I’ve pretty much already described the fighting.

That 93 mins including credits?

No, it is not including credits.

How longs the school part of it.

The school part is towards the beginning and isn’t exactly a main plot point. I’m guessing it was just to show Goku as a normal young boy.

What are the 4 big fights.

Two fights between Goku & Piccolo. One ends in Piccolo’s favour the other in Goku’s. A fight between Goku and Yamcha and the earliest one, a fight between Goku and Master Roshi, this is when Goku first arrives at Roshi’s and the old man has no idea who he is.

The leaked Piccolo pictures we got is that the Young or Old Piccolo

The leaked pictures are of old Piccolo (obviously).

What’s the dialogue like? Any cheesy one-liners?

The dialogue was actually rather witty in a sense. There are some clever lines and Goku, although supposedly an educated teenager, still acts like the uneducated child he was in the original Dragonball series, maybe not as obviously though.

What’s the highschool scenes like? Is he the cliched geeky student who discovers he has super powers?

No, he doesn’t discover he has the powers because Grandpa Gohan has already trained him slightly. The High School scenes oly feature Goku as almost a freakshow. Forced to fight a bully, demonstrating his power by lifting objects etc. Everyone knows of his power and in the highschool scenes he isn’t afraid to show it.

Thanks to those who actually believe. Oh and I’m female by the way, for the person who keeps referring to me as ‘guy.’

Are the fights like the Matrix?

There are some bullet time style sequences but alot of it is very similar to the series, fast paced, then slow bits in the middle which usually revolve around a character saying something.

How green actually is he like Pale green, dark green?

He is pale green.

Is it funny?

There are funny parts. The idea of Goku and Chichi had some of the audience giggling. Goku is oblivious to the fact that Chichi clearly fancies him, lots of distractions & confusion ensues.

Will fans enjoy it?

It depends what the fans are expecting. If the fans are expecting a perfect transition from the anime into Hollywood, then no, chances are they won’t like it. If they watch the film with an open mind and see that the actors, although sometimes don’t look like the Dragonball characters, they play them very well.

Do you think itll be a big film?

With todays Box Office stature it is hard to tell. As I said earlier, chances are it will be met with lukewarm reviews but it is an enjoyable romp.

What special moves from the show appears?

Obviously Goku’s signiture, the Kamihamiha wave appears, along with Piccolo’s Special Beam Cannon, and Destructive Wave. Yamcha uses his Wolf Fang Fist and Bulma uses a gun!

Is the Oozaru a tall ape like beast?

It’s not as huge as it was in the anime. It is almost werewolf in appearance but easily towers over characters such as Piccolo.

END

You guys judge for yourself!
Portgas D. Ace
Portgas D. Ace
Just Born Saiyan
Just Born Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. Left_bar_bleue100/100Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. Empty Re: Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie.

Post by Saiyan Prince Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:27 am

It’s not as huge as it was in the anime. It is almost werewolf in appearance but easily towers over characters such as Piccolo.

WHAT!!! Werewolf....Oh well I guess they thought its the closes thing to a 50 feet big gorilla...Jackasses!!!!

I dont buy this crap, she could have readed some kind of synopsis of the movie and than tried to be cool by telling people she watched the movie!!
Saiyan Prince
Saiyan Prince
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. Empty Re: Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie.

Post by VEGETA_DTX Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:19 pm

Saiyan Prince wrote:I dont buy this crap, she could have readed some kind of synopsis of the movie and than tried to be cool by telling people she watched the movie!!

Seconded!!! absolutely! Or perhaps its just one of DBMB's DIRTY tricks, cause this sounds soooooo much like some people from DBMB...
So it could be that they've read some kind of synopsis of the movie and then distorted and exaggerated about some parts which can be taken on many ways...and they think fans will fall for that...I hate them...

Or they simply invented all this and then posted it as an "ANONYMOUS girl" so even if some of the things like "Piccolo changing color" are complete lie, nobody will blame them, but the ANONYMOUS GIRL...

Therefore I am almost certain this is just FAKE.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. Left_bar_bleue100/100Someone on imdn posted shes seen the movie. Probably a lie. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down