Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
My take on the film Babel. EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
My take on the film Babel. EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
My take on the film Babel. EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
My take on the film Babel. EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
My take on the film Babel. EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
My take on the film Babel. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
My take on the film Babel. EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
My take on the film Babel. EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
My take on the film Babel. EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
My take on the film Babel. EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
My take on the film Babel. EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
My take on the film Babel. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
My take on the film Babel. EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
My take on the film Babel. EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
My take on the film Babel. EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
My take on the film Babel. EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
My take on the film Babel. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
My take on the film Babel. EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
My take on the film Babel. EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
My take on the film Babel. EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

My take on the film Babel.

2 posters

Go down

My take on the film Babel. Empty My take on the film Babel.

Post by Tlaloc Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:40 pm

I know I am like 2 years late with this, but I have just seen this movie some weeks ago. I did not wanted to see it on theaters when it came out on 2006 because I dislike Alejandro González Iñárritu as he is a pseudo-intellectual naco, just like his “muses” Gael Garcia Bernal and Diego Luna. But just some time before seeing the film, I was told that Rinko Kikuchi’s performance was brillant; and so it is.

The title Babel is taken from the legend of The Tower of Babel, in which the Tower of Babel was a place with people who talked all the languages of Babel, which later was destroyed by God. Also, this movie is a third in a trilogy by Iñarritu being the first 2 Amore Perros and 21 Grams respectively.

In Babel, we get to see what happens in 4 different countries, Morocco; México, U.S.A. and Japan, I was wondering just how a mexican naco like Inárritu would handle Japan, because most people in México have very inappropiate ideas about Japan, and tend to see it as something less.

Look, truth is that I already had a quite advanced write on Babel, but my PC again malfunctioned, my parents do not want to take it to check and now I have to start from scratch from my laptop, so it is hard to come up with something that I already had writen.

Before I go more in depth with this, let me tell you something I saw some days ago at the anime section of 4chan. They were comparing some elements of the Bleach series in the following.

Soul Society = Heaven = Japan
City of the living = Earth = U.S.A.
Hueco Mundo = Hell = Mexico

This could not be very far of from the Babel movie, as in which we could see that:

Japan = Heaven
U.S.A. = Minor Heaven
Mexico = Minor Hell
Morocco = Hell

Before you say this is negative racism, let me tell you that I live in Mexico, been in the U.S.A., know about Japan and not much on Morocco. And this seems the way it was being displayed in the film.

In the movie we see a U.S. couple in vacation at Morocco because they consider it an “exotic” place. But the wife gets accidently shot by a boy from Moroco, creating an international incident, meanwhile in the U.S.A. the maid of this couple, who in an illegal immigrant from Mexico, planned to travel to Mexico for the wedding of some realatives, but his boss, the husband of the injured wife tells him no and to stay to take care of the kids, but she goes anyway taking away the children with her into Mexico.

While this happens, in Japan we see the story of a young mute school girl, who tries desperate messaures to get atention, like exposing herself.

Remember what it was mentioned of Mexico = Hell? Well we know that illegal immigration from Mexico into the US is very well known, this because most people in México who don’t have a good economical position cross the border illegally in order to get “magically by just standing over US soil” money from bad paying jobs, as these pay better than bad paying jobs in Mexico.

There is a saying by a mexican hystorical figure which says: “Poor Mexico, so far from God, yet so close to the U.S.A.”

So yes we could argue that Mexico is hell, but in Babel; Morocco is seen as a more terrible hell, maybe because it is far away from both U.S.A. and Japan.

Having a writer block at the moment, well let’s go back to Japan, heaven. We see that all the people in the “hells” have problems, but what about Japan? Where they have great technology, while holding high spiritual values; do they have trouble? Well we get to see how a mute girl needs to get love at whatever cost, despite living in such a beautiful land, which I would like to visit as it is better than mine. I would give her love, but I am from one of the hells, would that be enough?

This movie and the thug make me feel like I will never reach my dreams.

Mexico will never become a top nation, and immigration will continue until Mexico ceases no to exist somehow.

Not sure what else to say, except that Rinko Kikuchi looked beautiful and that I hope she never met that naco of Gael Garcia Bernal.

I may write more in the future.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
My take on the film Babel. Left_bar_bleue100/100My take on the film Babel. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

My take on the film Babel. Empty Re: My take on the film Babel.

Post by VEGETA_DTX Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:55 pm

I watched the trailer it looks like interesting film. But why does it make you think you'll never reach your dreams? I think you shouldn't connect that thug with that, I bet you are kinda superstitious and those thoughts scares you sometimes, thats ok, cause ppl are superstitious when they are in depression, I know for me cause I was never superstitious(in terms of believing that somebody controles your fate and such) but sometimes even I say "man this all DB LAM stuff looks like someone just play some very cruel games with my head, its all how I dislike if they wanted to make it more disgusting they couldn't".
So considering that, I don't know what to say to you except to try to hold to your current goals and then use them later to reach your dream.

If you really want that dream to become true than fight for it, believe in it and don't care if people say "its silly, you will never do that" just don't care! cause if you ask me, nothing is ridiculous!(except DB LAM Razz) so you have always my support, and probably support of many others who share your dream Wink
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
My take on the film Babel. Left_bar_bleue100/100My take on the film Babel. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:10 pm

Problem is, that now I feel that maybe I should not go after my dream as I don't deserve it.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:17 pm

No don't fear of that, if you believe in it just work it, thats my honest suggestion. I mean why wouldn't you deserve it?
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down