Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Devil May Cry gets Rebooted

+3
Jessica Raine
Nikku
Son Goku
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Devil May Cry gets Rebooted Empty Devil May Cry gets Rebooted

Post by Son Goku Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:14 pm

Apparently, Dante is some kind of psycho patient this time around.

I wonder if they'll use this new look for Dante as an extra skin in Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted Left_bar_bleue100/100Devil May Cry gets Rebooted Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://blogs.ign.com/I_LIKE_TURTLES

Back to top Go down

Devil May Cry gets Rebooted Empty Re: Devil May Cry gets Rebooted

Post by Nikku Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:50 pm

What. The. F**k.

ANOTHER DAMN REBOOT?!?! Why??? This series doesn't even need rebooting.

*Rubs eyes in frustration*

I just can't see why they'd do this. And that new look for Dante isn't sticking with me. I don't like that whole psycho patient path they've taken.

Geez, pretty soon they'll reboot Onimusha, set it in modern times and have Samanosuke as a high school teacher...
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Devil May Cry gets Rebooted Left_bar_bleue100/100Devil May Cry gets Rebooted Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 pm

He looks like a drug-addict to me.

I'm not too excited about the new direction myself. I rather would have seen what happens with Nero, Dante (the real Dante), and company.

Another potential problem is Ninja Theory (a Western developer) developing this. You may remember them as the guys who made the flop known as Heavenly Sword. Obviously, they're injecting the annoying 'gritty is better' BS philosophy into the artistic direction.

Oh, and did I hear Steve Blum's voice in the trailer.

I like Steve Blum, but he never changes the tone of his voice so it's kind of annoying after...10 games maybe? I don't know, it just seems every time I play a new game, he's one of the main characters.

I'm not writing this one off yet, but I'm not excited about it either.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:16 pm

Everything nowadays is rebooted and when it is rebooted it is made "Dark, gritty and more realistic". That pisses me off to the extreme.

And please not another Steve Blum performance! I like him, but am getting very frustrated with the fact that he's starting to be in EVERYTHING now. Batman: Arkham Asylum took the piss; Blum was the voice of like every guard and doctor AND Killer Croc! I just hope we don't get Yuri Lowenthall in the game. That's the last thing we need.

And I'd much rather prefer another prequel, like what led to Dante and Vergil hating each other or something. Or a game starring Vergil, because this drug addict ain't the Dante I know.

I really don't think I'll be buying 'The Adventures of Crack Head Dante' anytime soon... and this is coming from a huge Devil May Cry fan! It just looks like Capcom are seem determined to piss off their fans with this reboot. God, they aren't even developing the damn thing!

>___<
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:44 pm

Some things just shouldn't be westernized. This makes no sense - he's some sort of druggy with a general American accent wearing a jacket with the British flag on his sleeve. confused

I heard after RE5 was finished that Capcom is also going to reboot that. After seeing this, I just know it's going to be some Paul W.S. Anderson-style crap. I bet they'll make a western action game, base it off the movies, insert a western developer, and have Alice be the main character running around beating up zombies effortlessly.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:09 am

Can't wait to use psychic powers in a Resi game!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Wow...I just found out why Dante looks the way he does. As I said earlier, the original DMC creator and even the Japanese studio that took over after he moved on to Platinum games are gone and replaced by Western Developer Ninja Theory. Ninja Theory's creative director is a man called Tameem Antoniades. Now as we all know, there is a douchey trend among Western developers to base their characters off of themselves (the guy in charge of the project). An example would be the Ghostbusters game. Well, just take a look at these picture comparisons of Tameem Antoniades and Dante.

Devil May Cry gets Rebooted Yep4
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:41 pm

Geez... And here I thought they based his new look off of Rhianna;

Devil May Cry gets Rebooted Dantew

And I just rewatched the trailer, the thing looks exactly like all these samey looking games coming out nowadays. I can just see the trophies/achievements now;

Bronze - Druggy = Take your meth over 20 times!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:27 am

I thought it was pretty funny when someone on IGN wrote an article (sounded like they got paid off) a day after all the hate comments flooded the news article of Dante's new look. Basically, the hole point of the article was "I'm excited about this game! Why aren't you?"

Sure enough, the sheeple started pouring out comments like "Well, I guess it's not so bad. I'll get this when it comes out". The media really does control most people's minds...well the weak-minded anyway which sadly applies to most people. Kinda scary.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:19 pm

so dante's a druggy mary sue now?
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://jessicaraine.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Like I said, there's still a chance this is set before DMC3

In which case, Dante doesn't have Ebony and Ivory
And I want the game to include him getting them because:

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Nell_Goldstein

A Legacy

Sometime during the events of the story, Nell begins crafting her final masterpiece using the spare parts from several of the busted pistols Tony brings her. Her last masterpiece is none other than Ebony & Ivory, Dante's custom pistols. Nell had crafted the pistols with rapid fire in mind, and had left them disassembled for Tony to put together, making the weapons truly his. She even put her old logo on the slide's of each pistol "For Tony Redgrave By .45 Art Warks".

And just in case you're wondering, Tony Redgrave is Dante under a fake name

Anyway, including this character in would be awesome, as the novel is pretty cool and I really liked her in it
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:11 am

I don't know...if it's a prequel, why would they call it DmC?

I'm not saying it isn't, but at the same time I'm not going to write off this game as being part of the same continuity, especially since the headlines for the game on news websites were 'Reboot'.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:15 am

Devil May Cry gets Rebooted Dantesb

Son Goku wrote:I thought it was pretty funny when someone on IGN wrote an article (sounded like they got paid off) a day after all the hate comments flooded the news article of Dante's new look. Basically, the hole point of the article was "I'm excited about this game! Why aren't you?"

Sure enough, the sheeple started pouring out comments like "Well, I guess it's not so bad. I'll get this when it comes out". The media really does control most people's minds...well the weak-minded anyway which sadly applies to most people. Kinda scary.
Amen, brother
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:18 am

I don't like my fav videogame characters being turned into smoking emo's. Dante has NEVER smoked before. This guy was smoking himself stupid and he ain't Dante as far as I'm concerned. I really hope it isn't part of the same continuity, like I don't want him getting silver hair at the end of the game and stuff. This is just like Dragging Balls De-Evolution's version of the characters...

And I LOVE that 4 panel comic, Ningen (I've seen it a few days ago); it perfectly displays how everybody feels about the game!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:57 pm

I think Capcom is about to find out that westernizing a Japanese product is never a financially sound idea no matter what media you put it in.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1122054p1.html

*&%$!!! Never mind...

lol, ningen, I loved their reactions after the "My name is Dante" line. Hilarious!
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:00 am

^ Yea, like Nikku said- it perfectly displays how everybody (and I mean those who want to use their brains) feel about the game.
I also loved a comment from a guy on one other forum:"I can't believe how many people actually likes the design, my favorite "argument":"Thank god they changed his look, he looked the same in the 4 games up until now.""
Gotta love such reasoning. XD
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Yagami Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:37 am

^that`s because normal reasoning is used only for communication!!!!!!1!11!!11!!11!1!!!!!
oh wait...

on a serious note, from what I`ve heard and read it`s gonna be something of a prequel like lol said, I probably won`t be playing it because I lack the appropriate tech support xD, if that wasn`t the case maybe I`d consider giving it a shot, and lol ( not the member ) - didn`t know ningen played DMC...the smoking kinda bums me out though, on top of everything else it was completely unnecessary, oh well...
Yagami
Yagami
GokuSSJ4
GokuSSJ4

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:57 am

^ Erm..I didn't get the first part. Neutral
I really don't like seeing prequels being jammed in everywhere. It it true when people say that the studios are just afraid of losing money when it comes to creating new titles. Thus we're being bombarded by the tons of prequels and sequels of the titles that are majorly popular. And because of that it often happens that they bring down the quality of the whole franchise, especially the prequels.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:34 am

ningen wrote:^ Yea, like Nikku said- it perfectly displays how everybody (and I mean those who want to use their brains) feel about the game.
I also loved a comment from a guy on one other forum:"I can't believe how many people actually likes the design, my favorite "argument":"Thank god they changed his look, he looked the same in the 4 games up until now.""
Gotta love such reasoning. XD

Yes!! And another thing; change Goku's look!! He's looked exactly the same in every Dragonball related thing ever, thats why DBE was so great, cause they FINALLY changed his look!

And that Ryu fellow, he's looked the same in every single game he's ever been in.

And can't forget about Sailor Moon and Ash Ketchum!!

@___@
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Yagami Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:20 am

Well, it`s not the changing of the look that`s the big issue here, you have to change it somewhat if you want to portray the person as younger/older, the problem is how they changed it, obviously it could have been done much better xD.
Yagami
Yagami
GokuSSJ4
GokuSSJ4

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:25 am

^ Yea, that's the whole point.
I mean changing the look of a character is required if we're talking about age difference, it actually doesn't have to be a bad thing even if the change happened for the sake of refreshing things a bit. So the point is- it has to be done properly. If you can't make it better or just appropriate, then don't change it, if you can- then do it, but be careful not to make a mistake.
(I would like to point out Iori from KoF as an example:
After so many games they decided to change his look in that terrible KoF XII just for the sake of changing. The things lol'91 said just naturally apply to me, so I never had to point it out before- of course that anyone rational wouldn't be against every change if it can be done properly. So I said-ok, let's see his new look, if it suits him then great, if not, I'll bitch about it (because I have every reason to). But there are some stupid ppl out there who think that a change, no matter how wrong it is, is better than no change at all, so they would be saying something ridiculous like:"It sucks, but at least his outfit is changed.")
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:31 pm

yeah, they could have changed Dante -Slightly-, changed his age, hairstyle, done him in a different style, ect. This new Dante looks NOTHING like the old one.
I love how Legend of Zelda handles Link's design, they do it perfect. He never looks EXACTLY the same, but even with the most radically different versions, like Wind Waker Link and Twilight Princess Link, you can always tell it's the same person. But there's enough of a difference with every version of Link to make it interesting.

Why couldn't They do something like that to Dante?

and no, I haven't actually played Devil May Cry but I'm familiar with them and I read the (incomplete!) manga.
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://jessicaraine.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:13 pm

Exactly. I'm not sure why they couldn't just do another Nero story unless everyone hates him...then they could just make up another character, but to totally change an icon?

By the way, Link looks different in almost every game because he's either a different character or a reincarnated version of himself from a previous game, depending on the game.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:34 am

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/09/22/dmc-video-interview

Look at how sad their excuses are for the change. I also love that the guy they obviously designed Dante after is in the video as well.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:07 am

I can't listen to the audio in that interview right now (I'm on the laptop), but I laughed at how they have basically just put that guy in the game and called him Dante.
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next