Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa

4 posters

Go down

Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa Empty Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa

Post by Son Goku Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:13 am

From Toon Zone:

Greg from AP forums went to Jump Festa & he noted down some reactions of the movie's trailer..

So they made a big hoot about Japan getting the live action movie first on March 13th. Nozawa wants it to be first here because, "...DB belongs to Japan!" So they showed us the trailer. Turns out it's just the trailer.

It was the first time to see the trailer for many of the fans. Why? Because Japanese people suck ass at using computers.

Piccolo was laughed at. Flat out.

When Goku said Kame Hame Ha there was audible laughter.

Nozawa said she was surprised because Goku was such a hunk and Yamcha looks like some bumpkin which should be the other way around.

The idols said it's strange to see such a young Roshi and that it's hard to picture him being a perv like that. (Later Nozawa would say, "You can tell he likes young girls!", apparently commenting on his shirt out of the blue which directly contradicted that comment and the feeling of the crowd so it seems she was fed that line)

Then Nozawa laid the smack down on the American Kame Hame Ha. She said in Japan they extend the 'Ka' OR the final 'Ha' but in America they extend the first 'me' which just makes it sound way off.

Then they showed us a 'special' video message from Chatwin and Bulma's actress line-reading. Turns out this was just a message they had playing on a loop in a little enclosed DB movie museum thing out on the show floor that I would see on Day 2.

Anyway...

It's ALWAYS a pleasure to see actors and actresses doing special messages for Japan in trailers. Bruce Willis, James Franco, Keanu Reeves, George Lucas & Steven Spielberg and many, many others tend to [be forced] to do this and it's a hoot. You can tell these are the REAL people behind the names because they look genuinely disinterested, slur their speech since they no know one is listening and constantly look off camera to read their lines. The best is when they run out of lines and just say stupid shit. But NO ONE did it as terribly as Chatwin. He should have just turned his head sideways and started talking.

I say this with no spite in my heart over the film. I genuinely do not care. The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy, which is how I've felt about anything related to DB in the US for about 8 years now. He was just doing an AWFUL job. Bulma totally outclassed him on that front.

Anyway so they were seated next to each other and asked us if we were enjoying JUMP Festa. Chatwin said he's, "very honored" (looking off-camera) to be able to play the role of Goku. He says that he tried to put part of himself in Goku so you can expect to see part of him in the "iconic" character. Thanks. Thanks man. We needed part of you in an ICONIC character.

Bulma said she only found out about her casting shortly before shooting began so she didn't get all the stunt training the others did. She said she enjoyed playing Bulma who is the smartest girl in the world.

Chatwin stupidly ended it by saying they hope everyone goes to see it "...so we can make 5 sequels.", apparently being uninformed that there isn't a word for sarcasm in Japanese. Nozawa read the subtitles and was shocked, "What? They already decided to make 5?", to which the MC's said no, it was an 'American joke' which is their way of explaining sarcastic humor. Those crazy Americans.

They also commented it was the first world debut for Ayumi Hamasaki as the singer of the theme song. They wondered what she'd sound like singing 'Head-cha-la'. I suppose you could call this a 'Japanese joke'.

So they unveiled movie game pics for the first time. I imagine they will be online or in V-Jump soon. They look like the Sparking series models with realistic textures instead of cartoony ones. The game is for PSP and details were zilch but Goku and Bulma were shown in still-picture fighting.

Then came the letter from Toriyama which Nozawa read to us.

I will paraphrase here.

'When I first saw some of the film I thought, "Huh!?" but then I met the cast and crew and they were all splendid. I hope this can be the start of a new kind of Dragon Ball and that I'm very much looking forward to it.'

Last edited by Son Goku on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa Left_bar_bleue100/100Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://blogs.ign.com/I_LIKE_TURTLES

Back to top Go down

Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa Empty Re: Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa

Post by VEGETA_DTX Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:16 am

Thanx Son Goku for this now I feel little bit more relieved... Of course Masako Nozawa must be disappointed...I bet she was really shocked but she didn't want to express it in front of people which she should.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa Left_bar_bleue100/100Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa Empty Re: Bad Reaction from Japan, Apparently Including Masako Nozawa

Post by Tlaloc Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:21 am

Glad to know real people from Japan dislike this!

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:43 am

Hey guys, I added more info about what happened.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey D. Luffy Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:16 pm

thats a nice xmas gift for me ehehe
Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Luffy
Strawhat Captain
Strawhat Captain

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:16 pm

Also, notice Toriyama's reaction is a little different this time around. The first report was written by someone who was getting little tidbits of info from Greg I think while Greg was at the convention. This latest report was written I think after Greg went home for the night and was reviewing everything himself.

He says he's apathetic towards the film and didn't hesitate to pull any punches. I think he was mainly at the convention for One Piece, so I think this might be the most accurate info we'll get regarding Toriyama for a while at least.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:29 am

'When I first saw some of the film I thought, "Huh!?" but then I met the cast and crew and they were all splendid. I hope this can be the start of a new kind of Dragon Ball and that I'm very much looking forward to it.'

I still strongly disbelieve in such thing! no way on Namek that I'm buying this!!!... It just sounds like someone in a favor of a movie but put that "Huh!?" just for the sake of sounding more realistic... because it already sounds ridiculous to me...
I WANNA HEAR HIM ON A VIDEO! and then I can shoot myself really Razz
But I know he couldn't be in a foavor NO WAY! and he don't want to appear on the TV cause it would be kinda impolite and disrespectful if he'd say anything negative(cause frankly where did you ever see someone in some polite TV show criticizing ANY movie? except in a critic shows) but then again he don't wanna support it, and thats why he don't wanna go in front of the cameras, nor to say something about it. I hope so badly.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down