Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Scans from Cine Premiere magazine

+3
Neziare
VEGETA_DTX
Tlaloc
7 posters

Go down

Scans from Cine Premiere magazine Empty Scans from Cine Premiere magazine

Post by Tlaloc Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:50 pm

OK I was just looking at http://www.dragonball-lapelicula.net/ to see what it says on the vomitive figures, and I ended up seeing this. Scans from the movie magazine Cine Premiere from here in Mexico with DBE on the cover.

Scans from Cine Premiere magazine Cinepr10

That's the cover right there. It says "On location Dragonball Evolution. Will the power of Sheng Long save it?"

Scans from Cine Premiere magazine Cinepr11

"Hope shines for Dragonball Evolution. Despite esceptisism and low expectatives from hardcore fans (hueso colorado means literally, "crimson bone" but it is an idiom which stands for hardcore, diehard or such), this otaku keeps alive the illusion that the film version will not be a deception. I went to the set to confirm it"

The reporter guy is named Julio Vélez and sounds like quite a poser.

Scans from Cine Premiere magazine Cinepr12

I am not going to translate the whole damn article, just going to mention the highlights, but if there is a part you wish for me to translate, please tell me. Anway, Vélez starts by saying that he admits he was not a fan of Dragon Ball when it premiered on Shonen Jump, but at least 5 years before DB came to the American continent (because America is a continent). Keeps on saying that there are a lot of innocent comparissons with Superman, that he recorded all episodes on VHS and that it was a dream to cover the filming in Durango. Mentions that he keeps in mind that 1) Akira Toriyama is absent from the proyect and 2) the unofficial movie from Taiwan which he considers horrible. He says that after seeing how fans are reacting with rage to trailers, pictures and rumors; he feels himself to raise his hand in defense of Evolution and "gives" his reasons.

The section "Charlando con un fan" means "Chatting with a fan" is about James Marsters, where it is said that he is a fan and that he says that he has a clause with the director where it is stated that if the film in no way respects the essence of Dragon Ball, he will quit immediatly. He also says that his son is as fan as he is, and calls him everyday saying: "Dad, don't make the movie suck! Please! It's Dragonball!" To which Masters replies: "Do you think I will fail my son and myself?"

Scans from Cine Premiere magazine Cinepr14

In this page, where it starts with "El equipo de maquillaje..." Veléz says that the make up team is the same from the Resident Evil movies, it is mexican and is really good. He also spoke with Mayes Castillero de Rubeo, who claims to be a Dragon Ball fan and tries to make the movie as faithful as the series by making Goku's gi of the same color tone as that from the series.

The next section "Del Volcán al hospital" is translated as "From the volcano to the hospital." It starts with Vélez saying that he won't violate the secret which he is suppoused to keep, but says that it was a joyful experience to be a few meters from Justin Chatwin fighting some aliens in a volcano as part of Chow Yun-Fat's training. Mentions that Chatwin got injured but he is such a "pro" that by being just a day in the hospital he said something to the magazine: "In reality, I was never much of a fan of Dragonball, but I like it enough to be happy to play this great character. It's like playing Superman! I must admit that one grateful moments in the filiming is meeting Ernie Hudson. I am a Ghostbusters fan!"

The big letters are again quoting Marsters about his "clause" and in the yellow square it is a section titled "Reasons why otaku condemn Dragonball Evolution" they are listed as following: *The absence of Akira Toriyama. *The mysterious delay of the premiere from August 2008 to April 2009 despite they say it is marketing strategy and not because of production problems. *The trailer says 7 mystics created the dragon balls not Kamisama. *Goku appears as a teenager, is trained by Grandpa Gohan and does not have a tail. *All of us love Chow Yun-Fat but his Roshi is far away from the original pervert oldman (except for the hawaiian shirt and sun glasses). *Piccolo looks like... anyone likes how he looks? *Justin Chatwin does not relfects Goku's innocence. *Emmy Rascacolas looks more like Lara Croft than Bulma.

Scans from Cine Premiere magazine Cinepr13

In here, Vélez starts saying that another reason why Dragonball Evolution will be a triumph is because 90% of it was filmed in Durango. The big letters and the next part talk that despite that Akira Toriyama is absent, he is in contact with Wong and that the designs do look like made by Toriyama. Vélez closes by saying that he hopes Dragonball Evolution doesn't break his otaku heart.

Oh and in the original character description, in Goku's section he writes that Goku wants to gather the dragon balls to see his grandfather again. That is a big fat lie! Goku never wished for that! He sees his grandfather in the 4 star ball.

You can hear is annoying voice here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=846l9tSXxSE .

Last edited by Tlaloc on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine Left_bar_bleue100/100Scans from Cine Premiere magazine Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Scans from Cine Premiere magazine Empty Re: Scans from Cine Premiere magazine

Post by VEGETA_DTX Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:26 am

For gods sake will we ever get any good news Sad
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Scans from Cine Premiere magazine Left_bar_bleue100/100Scans from Cine Premiere magazine Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Neziare Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:22 am

Here's my criticism on what Tlaloc translated for us:

"On location Dragonball Evolution. Will the power of Sheng Long save it?"

LOL! Now where in the trailer does it even MENTION Sheng Long? Besides isn't it SHENLONG!? Shocked

"2) the unofficial movie from Taiwan which he considers horrible..."

Oh COME ON! The unofficial movie from Taiwan was made in 1989! 19FRICKIN89!!! 20 YEARS AGO! Of course it's horrible compared to now IDIOT! Mad Mad

"He also says that his son is as fan as he is, and calls him everyday saying: "Dad, don't make the movie suck! Please! It's Dragonball!" To which Masters replies: "Do you think I will fail my son and myself?""

Ok, his son is a fan. Plausible, but saying he's a fan himself!? BS! Of course he will fail his son and himself and he KNOWS IT! All signs point to an EPIC FAIL, that I'm sure his son's already doubting what he said.

""In reality, I was never much of a fan of Dragonball, but I like it enough to be happy to play this great character. It's like playing Superman! I must admit that one grateful moments in the filiming is meeting Ernie Hudson. I am a Ghostbusters fan!""

WHAT... bounce If you're not much of a DB fan, then that's already like saying you're only taking the role of Goku just because he's the main character of the series. How does this show that the main character Goku i.e. YOU, is dedicated to making this an great LAM?

"In here, Vélez starts saying that another reason why Dragonball Evolution will be a triumph is because 90% of it was filmed in Durango."

Your point being? How does filming it in Durango already make it a triumph? A movie could be done anywhere else (provided the place matches it's theme) and still be considered an success, as long as the source is true and the characters stay who they are (You guys COMPLETELY FAIL!). [sarcasm] Oh wow DBE is filmed in Durango! Of course it'll be an success, it's gonna be soo awesome! tongue [/sarcasm]

"...despite the Akira Toriyama is absent, he is in contact with Wong and that the designs do look like made by Toriyama."

Yeah... Ever thought that it could be COPIED and redesigned!? It's not impossible that someone can make an exact replicate (or semi replicate) of Toriyama's design and spew that mumbo jumbo...

"Vélez closes by saying that he hopes Dragonball Evolution doesn't break his otaku heart."

Boo hoo! Cry me a river! Why do people even get payed to say this kind of crap...

As for the yellow box of EPIC FACTS against DBLAM, I'm not even gonna get started on that, it speaks for itself!

You know, we should add everything they say about DBE being "AWESOME" onto one post, turn it into evidence as to WHY it's gonna be crap, and spread it all across the web. Y'know, another way to attract more petitions as well as convincing people. Wink

I didn't go overboard, did I? Neutral
Neziare
Neziare
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:48 am

Marsters, prepare for you're son to leave home after he's seen this piece of trash.

Oh, and my Bull-Shit Sense was going crazy whilst reading through that!

Felt like he was playing Superman?? WTF???

Marsters says he'd rather quit or be fired than mess up Dragonball. Why didn't he quit after the first screens (Goku walking to school) were released!?
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:32 am

Thanks a lot for this Tlaloc!

BTW, it figures that **** Chatwin took the role because he's a Superman fan.

BTW, the makeup for Resident Evil SUCKED! Especially for the third one.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://blogs.ign.com/I_LIKE_TURTLES

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:31 am

About the Durango thing is that the guy is extremely proud of being mexican and that it was filmed in Mexico, but doesn't care about the quality, just the fact that it was filmed in Mexico. And again he brings this crap back for the RE make up team, in which I agree with Son Goku; after all the RE movies are crap just as DBE since they also got far away from the source material. The only good thing about the RE movies is the actress who plays Jill who actually looks like her, but sadly the movies focus on this Alice girl who they pulled out of their arses and for which none asked for as she is not even in the games.

The RE movies make me feel that they would dare to make sequels of DBE, since the RE movies don't make enough money but atract the casual movie goer.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:37 am

ok so to repond to this article calmly...
1) I am not an Otaku YOU "$"$#"$ "#$*"Ç*!#%*"#$*%*

2)The box this is just stupid. All those things are true, but can be overlooked. What's missing from this lam is the essence of the original, plain as that.

3) Masters...when did you sell out...you were great in Buffy. I loved Spyke's character more than Angel, and the fact he WANTED a soul made it better...and you captured that...but this...you have lost all consideration from me James Masters...so sad.

4) GO TO HELL CHATWIN that's all i can say.

5) FUCK ALL THIS DAMM SHIT.

to finish, after seeing the hole hip hop thing...this is me calm. You don't want to see me in a rage at this point.
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:29 pm

...despite the Akira Toriyama is absent, he is in contact with Wong and that the designs do look like made by Toriyama.
PFFFFFFFFHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
DESIGNS DO LOOK LIKE MADE BY TORIYAMA!??!!
I NEVER READ SOMETHING SO PATHETIC! "LOOK LIKE MADE BY TORIYAMA"!!! ROFL ONLY IDIOTS AND ONLY PEOPLE WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EYES AND BRAIN WILL BE NAIVE ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THIS MILKING GARBAGE!!!!!!

Akira Toriyama didn't appear in media for last 10 years, and now SUDDENLY he is ALL FOR THE MOVIE APPROVING IT WHATSOEVER HE IS EVEN IN CONTACT WITH JAMES WONG AND HE IS PUTTING HIS DESIGN AND IDEAS INTO IT!??!?!

I'd rather believe that Emmy Rossum was a big fan of DB then this garbage....but oh, what am I talking...I believe to none of those anyways!

P.S. Thanx Tlaloc for translation!
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by masterdx Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:29 pm

*sigh*... I'm not even gonna say anything... I don't NEED to say anything...
masterdx
masterdx
Teen Saiyan
Teen Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum