Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
FINALLY some good news! EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
FINALLY some good news! EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
FINALLY some good news! EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
FINALLY some good news! EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
FINALLY some good news! EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
FINALLY some good news! EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
FINALLY some good news! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
FINALLY some good news! EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
FINALLY some good news! EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
FINALLY some good news! EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
FINALLY some good news! EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
FINALLY some good news! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
FINALLY some good news! EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
FINALLY some good news! EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
FINALLY some good news! EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
FINALLY some good news! EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
FINALLY some good news! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
FINALLY some good news! EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
FINALLY some good news! EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
FINALLY some good news! EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

FINALLY some good news!

+11
Nikku
Chulance
Monkey D. Luffy
secor
ningen
sonaditya
Ha!
Tlaloc
Static InfluxNoLAM
Jessica Raine
VEGETA_DTX
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FINALLY some good news! Empty FINALLY some good news!

Post by VEGETA_DTX Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:56 pm

I've been contacted by someone(I can not let you know whom) but I've been approved to quote whole that mail and let you all know about it:

Here is another piece of news not yet posted on your forum that we think you would be thrilled to share:

http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/f/2009-02-19/23122383039.shtml
(translation){{{
Stephen Chow was said to be dissatisfied with having no actual power as producer; Refuses to advertise "Dragonball"

Sina Entertainment
According to "Apple Daily", Hollywood live action movie "Dragonball Evolution" has already entered countdown for release. The movie had been anticipated by Asian moviegoers because it was based on a Japanese manga, produced by Stephen Chow, and starred by Chow Yun-Fat. However during the promotion in Taiwan and Korea no sign of Stephen Chow the producer was seen, only Yun-Fat was there to manage the scene. Some sources state that Stephen had repeatedly suggested revising the script, but they were all ignored, making him feel looked down upon and so refused to attend any promotion activities in protest.

The Fox sponsored, Stephen Chow produced, James Wong directed, Chow Yun-Fat and Justin Chatwin starred manga live action movie "Dragonball" will start screening next month, and Yun-Fat has already began his Asian promotion tour, but no sign of Stephen the producer was seen. Some US sources state that when the film began shooting, Stephen already had conflicts with the filmakers, so he was very unhappy with them.

Stephen is producer only in name and has no actually power, so he refused to do promotion

It was said that after Fox bought the rights to the Japanese manga "Dragonball", they had invited Stephen to be director, but he was busy with filming CJ7, so he only agreed to be producer, and Fox turned to James Wong to direct. At the start of filming, Stephen was really ethusiastic at the thought of cooperating with Yun-Fat, seen especially in his numerous suggestions to casting, scripting, make design and special effects during the planning. But these suggestions were all rejected by Fox executives, causing Stephen who enjoyed high prestige in the Hong Kong cinema industry to lose face. Since his first job as a Hollywood producer was only in name but has no actually power in decisions, Stephen decided no to attend any of the promotional activities for the movie in protest.

Stephen admitted that his suggestions had not been accepted, and did not have an actual role

A reported phoned Stephen to confirm, and he replied: "I am not able to attend the promotional activities because of the timing, and that promotion is not my job, so I already have other work scheduled". Regarding the rumours of him being producer without actual decision powers, Stephen said: "A movie has many types of producer, and I was the kind of advisory type of producer. Except for giving a few suggestions, I did not have an actual role". When asked if his suggestions were not accepted, he replied: "It's true they did not accept my decisions. Maybe they thought those weren't suitable, so they didn't use them. They have their own reasons for not accepting, but I won't mind, since it's the movie company who makes the decisions". When the matter of "Dragonball" author Toriyama Akira being dissatisfied that the movie isn't true to the original story, Stephen said: "Sorry, no comment".

Movie was criticized for lacking the original spirit

Ever since this movie adapted from the famous Japanese manga "Dragonball" began filming, it was criticized for lacking the original spirit, and even Toriyama Akira couldn't help to point out the movie did not look like his work at all.

The make did not fit the original

Kamesennin, the teacher of the main character Gokuu and played by Chow Yun-Fat, was bald, had a white beard, wears sunglasses, and looks strange in the original manga, but none of these traits were found on Yun-Fat.

Background was way off from the original

The original manga talks of Son Gokuu growing up in the mountains meeting the scientist girl Bulma, and then going off on the journey to seek the Dragonballs. But in the movie the Goku played by Justin Chatwin was a high school student who was told by his dying grandfather to gather the Dragonballs.

Artistic design had failed

The "Dragonball" manga and anime was loved by fans because of Toriyama Akira's colourful universe and interesting character designs, but the artistic design in the movie was dark and the camera leaned towards being grim, just like some regular Hollywood film.

}}}

So there you have it. Following Toriyama-sensei another public figure coming out to speak against this abomination.

On a side note, from what was seen on your forum, it seems that a considerable number of people from the western world still do not understand that Toriyama-sensei seemed to be praising in this comment when in between the lines he was actually expressing criticism. Over here everyone except for those sent to advertise have very much acknowledged that he was saying this abomination has nothing to do with his masterpiece, advised people not to be fooled by the title, and wrapped up by ironically expressing doubt over its ability to become a powerful movie.

The battle is heating up as the day approaches, so I wish you and all comrades fighting this atrocity the best of luck. GANBARE!!!!!

My comment:
For me, this is ULTRA encouraging and bringing back some hope to me...I really felt soooooo much better when I read it and I am so much thankful to that someone(sorry, again, I can't tell you whom ^^) Kami bless him and I hope it will make you happier as it did make me cheers cheers cheers

Bottomline, WHATEVER happens, never give up, giving up was NEVER an option!
Sequels are infront of us, therefore wherever you go, wahtever you do, never accept this rape, always spread the word and boycott Fox whenever you can!

Last edited by VEGETA_DTX on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
FINALLY some good news! Left_bar_bleue100/100FINALLY some good news! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

FINALLY some good news! Empty Re: FINALLY some good news!

Post by Jessica Raine Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:05 pm

Oh. My. God.
Amazing, just amazing...I am so happy! I KNEW toriyama couldn't be happy with it!
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
FINALLY some good news! Left_bar_bleue100/100FINALLY some good news! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://jessicaraine.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:17 pm

^Yeah I am still stuck in that "I can't believe that the line that presents my hope went actually UP for the first time in my life...I thought it was just a straight line that leans downwards till the end of my life..." feeling Very Happy

I didn't even exhaled that prideful and hope-boosting breath that I got from reading that text frist time Razz
I LOVE YOU ALL SOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by VEGETA_DTX on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:18 pm

lol yaaay ^_^
so maybe we can get Stephen Chow and Toriyama to join forces with us (and captain planet, of course) to destroy this horrid film!
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Static InfluxNoLAM Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:06 pm

Im so happy I could cry. cheers cheers
Static InfluxNoLAM
Static InfluxNoLAM
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://www.geocities.com/cooldude969_99/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:37 pm

*gives you tissues* go ahead
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:35 pm

Guess I had it wrong on Chow. I will no longer have an embargo on his films and enjoy Kung Gu Hustle again! My guess is that this is an exclusive to our forum.

Many people say that those who don't show their faces are coward, but some do it to protect themselves or others they love, so this person who gave you the info is very brave in my opinion.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ha! Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:31 am

VEGETA_DTX wrote:(I can not let you know whom)

Veggi has a spy Cool
Ha!
Ha!
Gray hair dude
Gray hair dude

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by sonaditya Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:47 am

YES!! YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Very Happy Smile Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Razz Embarassed Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink tongue pirat silent cheers Basketball bom albino cherry santa rendeer farao king scratch queen jocolor geek study elephant flower afro lol!

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE TRULY SMILED IN A MILLION YEARS!!!!!!!!

***slashes chatwin's poster with a knife

Last edited by sonaditya on Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
sonaditya
sonaditya
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:19 am

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh, how I needed this.
The pieces are falling into place!!!
I can't wait for the film critics to start ripping this movie apart!
*punches the table a couple of times
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by secor Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:13 am

secor
secor
the portmanteauist
the portmanteauist

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey D. Luffy Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:00 am

IOSHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!! lets ATTACK THE WO...wait...wrong line

its time to get in high GEAR!!!!!! i have a vid lined up....to be posted....sure it has nothing to do with what i usually post on youtube but! it has to be done
Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Luffy
Strawhat Captain
Strawhat Captain

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:45 am

Vegeta_DTX, did this person told you to post the news only here, or it can be spread to other websites?

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chulance Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:40 am

YES!
Chulance
Chulance
Supreme ruler of DBZ
Supreme ruler of DBZ

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://www.youtube.com/user/chulance

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:57 pm

*Reads news and a tear falls from my eye*

So Steve truly didn't have anything to do with it? He just sort of got the project up off the ground before anyone had been casted and before the shitty story changes popped up...?

And Toriyama Sensei truly does hate the movie like I always knew...?

*Curls up into a ball and springs up suddenly*

OOOOOOOH YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Kicks several DBE supporters off a cliff*

TAKE THAT YOU FUCKING SUPPORTERS!!!!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:48 pm

YES!! YES!! CALLED IT!

On a side note, from what was seen on your forum, it seems that a considerable number of people from the western world still do not understand that Toriyama-sensei seemed to be praising in this comment when in between the lines he was actually expressing criticism. Over here everyone except for those sent to advertise have very much acknowledged that he was saying this abomination has nothing to do with his masterpiece, advised people not to be fooled by the title, and wrapped up by ironically expressing doubt over its ability to become a powerful movie.

I KNEW IT. I knew Toriyama would never sell out. He as given in to the fans all his life, but his was just to much. I mean come on.
And as for Chow...he as my respect, and i hope that if they ever want to try this again (not fox though), he should be the director, and gives us something to be proud of.

My wish as been granted rendeer

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

lol! GO US.
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:57 pm

Yet another producer who is unhappy with Fox. Well there's one thing Fox is good at. Making people hate them.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://blogs.ign.com/I_LIKE_TURTLES

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:09 pm

I feel so damn happy...
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:20 pm

Tlaloc wrote:Vegeta_DTX, did this person told you to post the news only here, or it can be spread to other websites?

I didn't talk about that with him, but its just important for him to stay anonymous, so sure.
I mean, logically since he let me post it here I don't see why not anywhere else, since the point of it was to advertise those news! Wink
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:26 pm

VEGETA_DTX wrote:
Tlaloc wrote:Vegeta_DTX, did this person told you to post the news only here, or it can be spread to other websites?

I didn't talk about that with him, but its just important for him to stay anonymous, so sure.
I mean, logically since he let me post it here I don't see why not anywhere else, since the point of it was to advertise those news! Wink

I doubt that the DBE suporters will take this seriously. I mean, the is information that originated from our forum. They will never take it as truth. That doesn't matter though. What does matter it that WE know the truth XD

lol!
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:33 pm

^they already know the main part of the truth...its just the thing that they didn't understand it quite good, and have been trying to turn it look like Akira Toriyama Sensei is praising the movie wholeheartedly, while thats ridiculous!...not to mention how much more literal most of it sounds when translated to English.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:37 pm

*Skips around happily, hugs Vegeta and continues skipping around*

Nikku happy!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:54 pm

^ Thanx bro! Very Happy
NOW EVERYBODY, ON BIG GROUP HUG!!! cheers
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:03 pm

GROUP HUG!! cheers

O yeah..and group hanging of DBE's crew Twisted Evil
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:06 pm

Nikku - Hey guys, meet my pet bear!

*Lets a big bear out of his cage and he runs up to us, hugging us with a powerful bear hug*

Nikku - I call him Huggy Bear! Razz
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next