Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game

+2
Nikku
Son Goku
6 posters

Go down

IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game Empty IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game

Post by Son Goku Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:38 pm

http://psp.ign.com/articles/971/971220p1.html

Dragonball Evolution Review
Namco releases a serious competitor for the worst game on the PSP.
by Chris Roper

April 8, 2009 - The Dragonball series seems to be as popular as ever, with games still hitting stores in a yearly fashion and selling well, and it has finally spawned a live-action film entitled Dragonball Evolution. Of course, a movie release means that we now have a game based on the movie (which seems somewhat meta). Unfortunately, while the Dragonball games have largely been improving over time, reaching a point nowadays when they can be fun to even non-DBZ fans, Dragonball Evolution is a pile of trash.

The game follows the story, as it were, of the movie, or at least it seems so based on the trailers and the assets used in the game (I haven't seen the film as it's not out yet). I use the word story loosely though as it's basically a patched-together series of events that is about as predictable as the sunrise. That's the movie's fault and not the game's, but that doesn't make it better.

Dragonball Evolution's main Story mode just takes you through this tale, so it doesn't last long. I was able to finish it in less than two hours. Let me tell you my amazing strategy for finishing it:

Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, watch the end credits.

Seriously, I finished the entire story mode using only the Square button. No directional presses, nothing. The only two exceptions to this are that I had to use X to get through the cutscenes, and one fight near the end required finishing it with an Ultimate Attack. So I just used Square the whole fight until my opponent was weak, and then pressed Up and Circle at the same time. Done. Roll credits. Keep in mind that I only lost in three battles and actually racked up S rankings (the highest) in a handful of them.

Beating the Arcade mode was only slightly more challenging, and that was on the hardest difficulty level, Dragon. Here, you can just hit Square until your Ki meter is full, then use an Ultimate Attack, and then go back to mashing on Square. The AI does nothing to circumvent this. In fact, the AI is so broken that even on the hardest difficulty level, it'll sit back and repeatedly use a short ranged attack over and over again. Well, until you get close, when it would actually be effective, and then it just runs into you and wails random attacks.

Obviously, you can choose to fight for real and not take advantage of the idiotic AI, though since you can cheap it out so easily, it's not rewarding. However, the fighting mechanics are quite simple and don't really provide much depth. The newer Dragonball games have a whole lot more to them than this title, and anyone who gets this will likely have at least one of the recent releases.

While the fighting is pretty terrible, the cutscenes and overall presentation trump it in terms of awfulness. Aside from three poor in-engine cutscenes (which are all short), the game presents the story by putting two still images of the characters on the screen and popping up text of their dialogue. This worked in the SNES days and to a degree it can still be passable if it's done right, but this is not an example of that. When characters "fight" in these scenes, one simply slides across the screen and bumps into another. If they use a power of some sort, the screen just flashes and then someone says they're hurt. The character images rarely change to show emotion or anything else, so you really have no idea what mood they're in, if they're being sarcastic or anything of this sort.

The game looks better still than in motion, and even that isn't good.
What's worse though is that the backgrounds are very generic and offer no context to what's happening. At one point, the heroes are down in a pit and sense that a Dragonball is nearby. Then they start saying, "Oh no, but it's too hot! How are we ever going to get to it? We have no way across! What are we going to do!" This goes on for a couple minutes before someone mentions a river of lava. It is never shown on screen, so until someone specifically says "lava", you have no idea what they're talking about. In another example, there's what is supposed to be a vehicle chase at one point. The jeep the heroes are riding in isn't shown on the screen, so it looks like the characters are just standing around. The only way you know what's happening is that someone will say, "I just fired the harpoon" or "Oh no, we've crashed!" Utterly despicable.

I could go on, but there's no point.

Closing Comments
Dragonball Evolution is a disaster burned onto a UMD.

Presentation 1.5
This is exactly what not to do.
Graphics 3.0
Poor character models, blurry textures and student-level animations do not make for a nice looking title.
Sound 3.0
Where are the voices? The music sucks and the sound effects are poor.
Gameplay 2.0
Just press Square. You win.
Lasting Appeal 3.0
The story mode is less than two hours long. The multiplayer works, but the fighting mechanics are bland enough that it's no fun at all.

OVERALL 2.0 - Terrible
(out of 10 / not an average)
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game Left_bar_bleue100/100IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://blogs.ign.com/I_LIKE_TURTLES

Back to top Go down

IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game Empty Re: IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game

Post by Nikku Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:42 am

Darn it, I was JUST gonna post this!

Anyways, I lolled hard at the review. Especially the "The backgrounds are amazing" bit! Razz Razz Razz Razz
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game Left_bar_bleue100/100IGN Reviews DBE PSP Game Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:32 am

Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, watch the end credits.

Funiest shit ever XD
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:19 pm

It sounds like a very fun game no?

XD
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by sonaditya Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:21 pm

2 on 10, that means 1 on 5.....
The game turned out to be a greater disaster than DBE.
sonaditya
sonaditya
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:23 pm

^well thats always the case with movie based games
but I think the movie is worse
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://jessicaraine.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sonaditya Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:28 pm

^The chid be undoubtedly be worst if the mother is worst...
sonaditya
sonaditya
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:29 pm

Well even if its gameplay was 100% PERFECT for me I would of course hate it just as much as I hate it now...to me its just a rape of what DB presents...visually story wise meaningwise anyhowwise and therefore no gameplay would ever be important to me...

Its like liking your enemy more or less depending on his look...I dont care the enemy is the enemy, and its called DBE!!! MWAHAHHAHA!!!

SPARTAAANS!!! I MEAN SAYAAANS!!! WHAT IS OUR GOAL!!!??? lol!
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sonaditya Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:29 pm

^oh, dont worry Vegeta Sir, the movie's gameplay is a lot suckier than DBE's environs..

And yes, OUR GOAL IS T STOP ANY SEQUEL AND ANY DAUGHTER FRANCHISE. I am not going to ever forget it. Mad
sonaditya
sonaditya
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:42 am

OUR GOAL IS SPART_ I MEAN TO DESTROY DBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down