Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:43 pm by Tlaloc

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:20 pm by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

» Goku or Gohan?
Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:30 am by hasnainssjbardock

» I wonder...
Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:00 am by VEGETA_DTX

» SOPA and PIPA
Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:44 pm by Godsend

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 83 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:44 pm

Song about politics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Song about politics

Post by Sky on Sat May 09, 2009 6:10 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA_xXWSXyFI

this songs message is very true...it really gets to me because I feel the same way.....



TBE


AND yes I am twelve now that we have gotten that out of the way....

Ohh and for those of you who think I just want to rant on this holy song of 9/11...if you feel so strongly on your opinion then teach something.... Twisted Evil


Last edited by Sky on Tue May 12, 2009 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Ignorant Bastards)
avatar
Sky
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Posts : 13
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 20
Location : In your closet!~

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://Gaiaonline.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by Sky on Sat May 09, 2009 6:15 pm

I'm aware this is the wrong thread...sorry. Embarassed
avatar
Sky
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Posts : 13
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 20
Location : In your closet!~

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://Gaiaonline.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by lol1991 on Sun May 10, 2009 12:50 pm

I'll move it to discussion.

_________________


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.
Albert Einstein
avatar
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Posts : 12924
Join date : 2009-01-22
Age : 26
Location : Portugal

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by Sky on Sun May 10, 2009 3:44 pm

Thank you >.< Razz
avatar
Sky
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Posts : 13
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 20
Location : In your closet!~

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://Gaiaonline.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by ningen on Mon May 11, 2009 1:34 am

What hurts me is that there are so many people out there who believe whatever they are shown by the media, who believe whatever those crooks in suits tell them.

_________________

Unconditional love ftw! (Heroes Uprising)
avatar
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Posts : 1668
Join date : 2008-01-09
Age : 30
Location : On the Moon

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by secor on Mon May 11, 2009 4:54 pm

wow, "i bet you've never heard it", what, did u just discover this relic? dude seriously, of course our government sucks and lies to the public, thats been known for years. of course our government sucks and could've prevented or at least captured the people responsible for 9/11 if those people arent members of the government itself. of course our government sucks, the only "but" in this argument is of course, but the song sucks.

tell me how ur "best song ever" doesnt inspire or make you feel anything besides maybe pissing you off a bit (it just pisses me off that the song is about something so serious but sucks so much). another thing is that its a serious subject but its not a deep subject, who cant talk about how the government sucks and how bush sucks and about how they feel about 9/11?

ur 12 n i'd hate to say ur stupid cuz ur young (not saying ur stupid neway but...) but apparently you dont actually live in nyc or else you'd have a more intellectual opinion on this, an example would be you not thinking this is the best song ever. its the same kinda thing, i met some dude from california and he asked me about how i felt about 9/11 and whatnot and he just had a really energetic-for-nothing perspective on it, not that that was his perspective, its what im describing his perspective as. he seemed really angry, not like he was yelling about it or anything but he almost couldnt talk about it cuz he was all mad n shit. im like whatever, nobody really knows what happened, anything said about it without proof is by definition speculation (i doubt ur gonna read all of this). and dont tell me shit about what i should feel or what im like because of how i do feel because that shit almost killed my grandmother n that alone makes this a serious topic.

the whole thing just seems very childish to me

_________________

i did ask...
avatar
secor
the portmanteauist
the portmanteauist

Posts : 921
Join date : 2009-01-05

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by Sky on Mon May 11, 2009 5:49 pm

secor wrote:wow, "i bet you've never heard it", what, did u just discover this relic? dude seriously, of course our government sucks and lies to the public, thats been known for years. of course our government sucks and could've prevented or at least captured the people responsible for 9/11 if those people arent members of the government itself. of course our government sucks, the only "but" in this argument is of course, but the song sucks.

tell me how ur "best song ever" doesnt inspire or make you feel anything besides maybe pissing you off a bit (it just pisses me off that the song is about something so serious but sucks so much). another thing is that its a serious subject but its not a deep subject, who cant talk about how the government sucks and how bush sucks and about how they feel about 9/11?

ur 12 n i'd hate to say ur stupid cuz ur young (not saying ur stupid neway but...) but apparently you dont actually live in nyc or else you'd have a more intellectual opinion on this, an example would be you not thinking this is the best song ever. its the same kinda thing, i met some dude from california and he asked me about how i felt about 9/11 and whatnot and he just had a really energetic-for-nothing perspective on it, not that that was his perspective, its what im describing his perspective as. he seemed really angry, not like he was yelling about it or anything but he almost couldnt talk about it cuz he was all mad n shit. im like whatever, nobody really knows what happened, anything said about it without proof is by definition speculation (i doubt ur gonna read all of this). and dont tell me shit about what i should feel or what im like because of how i do feel because that shit almost killed my grandmother n that alone makes this a serious topic.

the whole thing just seems very childish to me
I just intended for two people to actually come to this forum and also I have facts based on why I said "the best song ever"..but that has to be the most ignorant thing I have ever heard my age has nothing to do with this situation or my opinion also..I don't have to live in (Nyc) that is the most biased thing ever posted so far on this website....honestly the mature thing for you to have done was just watched the video and said you don't like it or just watched it and moved on and kept your incompetient comments to yourself and I really don't apriciate that you put my age in it...I think if was very stereo type.
Also I'm sorry for your experiance but when i siad it its not like oh nigga this song is the shit the beat is hot..noooo
It's about the message there trying to send...if you understod my personality in real life and not just pixels and my character and what I posted you would understand.....
avatar
Sky
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Posts : 13
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 20
Location : In your closet!~

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://Gaiaonline.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by secor on Tue May 12, 2009 10:01 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~. i didnt say you had to live in nyc for any reason, what im saying is that people from elsewhere in the united states get pissed off way more about the subject than new yorkers. we're a little more grounded.

the mature thing for you to have done is to check your spelling and look up the definition of incompetent.

you act like the message is hard to catch. really its not.

your personality really doesnt matter because believe it or not theres 1000 people just like you, probably right in your state, and plenty more all over the place. you dont kno the multitudes of people i've interacted with throughout the last 10 years of my life (the years i consider most important to who i am and what i know and understand about the world). people are the same no matter where you go, theres only a small percentage of those people who are worth a damn for their uniqueness, so understanding ur personality is not even an issue, i would only have to imagine the hundreds of thousands of personality types and make an inference about what fits u best, based on what you've said so far and your opinions, and regardless it doesnt change my opinion of the song, the situation, or how i think the situation should be viewed by all those who really dont kno shit about why it happened, i.e. every damn one of us, which is "i dont know who to be mad at"

one more thing, dont use the word nigga on this message board, theres was really no reason for that regardless of the fact that u were using it hypothetically to condescend to that type of language anyway

dude listen, all im sayin is that you have to be really fuckin positive about what happened to even make that song, and not for nothing i do respect mos def and i love (most of) his music, but to make a WACK song with no depth out of anger, u get no respect for that, and especially no praise. as far as immortal technique goes, i could really take him or leave him, sure he can rap but hes also a bit annoying with that "i kno how to fix everything" attitude and rhyme scheme of his. bottom line, theres almost nothing creative or deep or clever or anything i would consider hot about that song

thats all i can really say, everything else is just banter unless u really want to talk about 9/11, but it seems like all u wanna do is talk about a song about 9/11 like its the book of revelations come to life

_________________

i did ask...
avatar
secor
the portmanteauist
the portmanteauist

Posts : 921
Join date : 2009-01-05

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by ningen on Tue May 12, 2009 11:14 am

^Bro, you know that you're arguing with a person that is 12 year old, right?
Relax, you're right about the stuff you said, but if she likes the song, then that's her business.

_________________

Unconditional love ftw! (Heroes Uprising)
avatar
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Posts : 1668
Join date : 2008-01-09
Age : 30
Location : On the Moon

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by VEGETA_DTX on Tue May 12, 2009 3:47 pm

Hey sorry secor I had to censure the insults, please take it easy its ok, you should be friends, not insulting...I mean its her thing and taste to like the song.

For example I dislike song musically but I like some of its messages. And yes I ALWAYS believed that American government is bunch of corrupted tyrants.
I perfectly respects her taste, and everybody should respect each others taste.
And the fact that she's 12 doesn't make her any less good/bad/important/unimportant etc...

You are both cool people to me, so lets have fun and be friends please! ^_^

_________________
DESTROY ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My AMV
avatar
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 2336
Join date : 2008-01-06
Age : 28

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by lol1991 on Tue May 12, 2009 3:56 pm

If it matter to anyone, I agree with both Secor and Sky. I believe, and this is beyond any discussion for me, that 9/11 was orchestrated by the US government. They had motives, means and opportunity, and those are the main factors that need to be taken into account during a criminal investigation. I'm 17, and people take me as a kid when I say this, but most of the times, the comments come from inbred hicks as I like to call them. I'm not angry. All that 9/11 did to affect me was make my time in airports longer, and the first time I took an airplane was in April this year. However, the way I view the treatment of society by the powerful is a motive for concern. Sure it's cliche, sure most people go by this simply because. I like to often stress I don't. I truly believe in the theory of the 9/11 made by the conspiracy freaks (which, by association, I am a part of.)

However Sky, the singer in that movie has no interest in that. All they care about is cashing in on the tragedy. There is not message, nothing at all.

_________________


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.
Albert Einstein
avatar
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Posts : 12924
Join date : 2009-01-22
Age : 26
Location : Portugal

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by secor on Tue May 12, 2009 5:26 pm

lol, its cool dtx, that was a little extreme i guess

but check it out, ningen says "you kno ur arguing with a 12 yr old right?" thats discriminative and ignorant in my opinion. a 12 year old can have a solid opinion based on facts and other perspectives just like anyone else. and ningen is cool too, i consider him to be an intelligent guy but this is the kind of thing that pisses me off and causes me to go on rants that lead off into different tangents and whatnot.

also dtx, i said, I SAID, and i quoted, and you deleted (which was not cool, now i dont kno how much u really did delete) "ur 12 n i'd hate to say ur stupid cuz ur young (not saying ur stupid neway but...)"
i dont kno how u guys are interpreting that, but what im saying is that not all 12 year olds are intelligent and "conscious" as some people call it, not meaning intelligent, that would be redundant of me, everyone should kno what i mean by that. so basically im like i dont wanna blame what seems to me to be a lack of thought on her age, but any other reason for that is just as trivial and unnecessary dont you think?

_________________

i did ask...
avatar
secor
the portmanteauist
the portmanteauist

Posts : 921
Join date : 2009-01-05

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by Sky on Tue May 12, 2009 5:54 pm

VEGETA_DTX wrote:Hey sorry secor I had to censure the insults, please take it easy its ok, you should be friends, not insulting...I mean its her thing and taste to like the song.

For example I dislike song musically but I like some of its messages. And yes I ALWAYS believed that American government is bunch of corrupted tyrants.
I perfectly respects her taste, and everybody should respect each others taste.
And the fact that she's 12 doesn't make her any less good/bad/important/unimportant etc...

You are both cool people to me, so lets have fun and be friends please! ^_^

I love you
avatar
Sky
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Posts : 13
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 20
Location : In your closet!~

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://Gaiaonline.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by Sky on Tue May 12, 2009 6:03 pm

secor wrote:lol, its cool dtx, that was a little extreme i guess

but check it out, ningen says "you kno ur arguing with a 12 yr old right?" thats discriminative and ignorant in my opinion. a 12 year old can have a solid opinion based on facts and other perspectives just like anyone else. and ningen is cool too, i consider him to be an intelligent guy but this is the kind of thing that pisses me off and causes me to go on rants that lead off into different tangents and whatnot.

also dtx, i said, I SAID, and i quoted, and you deleted (which was not cool, now i dont kno how much u really did delete) "ur 12 n i'd hate to say ur stupid cuz ur young (not saying ur stupid neway but...)"
i dont kno how u guys are interpreting that, but what im saying is that not all 12 year olds are intelligent and "conscious" as some people call it, not meaning intelligent, that would be redundant of me, everyone should kno what i mean by that. so basically im like i dont wanna blame what seems to me to be a lack of thought on her age, but any other reason for that is just as trivial and unnecessary dont you think?

You sir are very indecisive....you started it about the age issue...but anyway... are you saying I'm immature about this....Well....I strongly disagree with that but honestly...I don't have to explain to you but before this does (if it does) get into something bigger you really don't know what you're talking about but...you could also hate the song for all I care just don't bring things up then try to...correct someone else about it...and some of the things you said were irrelevant to this conversation... you know I think you're just an ignorant American!
avatar
Sky
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Posts : 13
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 20
Location : In your closet!~

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://Gaiaonline.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by Sky on Tue May 12, 2009 6:06 pm

ningen wrote:^Bro, you know that you're arguing with a person that is 12 year old, right?
Relax, you're right about the stuff you said, but if she likes the song, then that's her business.
Umm...I may be twelve but I can certainly stand my ground on this...



At everyone who is bringing my age into this what if I said I was 700 what would you have said then..
avatar
Sky
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Posts : 13
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 20
Location : In your closet!~

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://Gaiaonline.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by Venus on Tue May 12, 2009 7:39 pm

For Kami's sake I think Sky is smart. If anybody didnt like the song just say u didnt like it and dont bust a gasket.
avatar
Venus
Super Saiyan!
Super Saiyan!

Posts : 2487
Join date : 2009-04-15
Age : 32
Location : Dreamland

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by Kira's Nemesis on Tue May 12, 2009 7:40 pm

Thats exactly what i told her. People need to chill
avatar
Kira's Nemesis
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Posts : 368
Join date : 2009-05-03
Age : 34
Location : Hades

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by Venus on Tue May 12, 2009 7:41 pm

No offense 2 anybody. Very Happy
avatar
Venus
Super Saiyan!
Super Saiyan!

Posts : 2487
Join date : 2009-04-15
Age : 32
Location : Dreamland

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by ningen on Wed May 13, 2009 2:02 am

secor wrote:lol, its cool dtx, that was a little extreme i guess

but check it out, ningen says "you kno ur arguing with a 12 yr old right?" thats discriminative and ignorant in my opinion. a 12 year old can have a solid opinion based on facts and other perspectives just like anyone else. and ningen is cool too, i consider him to be an intelligent guy but this is the kind of thing that pisses me off and causes me to go on rants that lead off into different tangents and whatnot.

also dtx, i said, I SAID, and i quoted, and you deleted (which was not cool, now i dont kno how much u really did delete) "ur 12 n i'd hate to say ur stupid cuz ur young (not saying ur stupid neway but...)"
i dont kno how u guys are interpreting that, but what im saying is that not all 12 year olds are intelligent and "conscious" as some people call it, not meaning intelligent, that would be redundant of me, everyone should kno what i mean by that. so basically im like i dont wanna blame what seems to me to be a lack of thought on her age, but any other reason for that is just as trivial and unnecessary dont you think?
But what im saying is that not all 12 year olds are intelligent and "conscious" as some people call it- I was saying the same thing.
I don't see how I was being discriminative and ignorant. I was just stating the facts.
Don't get me wrong, we are progressing through life, our logical thinking is getting better, the whole "thought process" (as I like to call it) is improving. I'll start from myself- My thought process is much better now than when I was a 12, 14, 16, 18 year old. I mean the biggest philosophers will tell you- Don't get yourself into it until you're 40. And when I heard that (I was 17, I think) I was rather angry. Who are they to tell me that I shouldn't do it? I'm surely capable, just because somebody is 40 doesn't make him instantly a great philosopher...Later on I realized what they were trying to say- even though only a couple of years have passed my look on the world has changed a bit. I read some of my early philosophical work, I remembered some of my statements and that brought a smile up on my face. And it wasn't a smile filled with scorn, I was proud of myself, I saw how much I have progressed in just a couple of years, but also I was still standing behind some of my statements from that time.
So when I say- She's 12. I don't mean anything disrespectful, I called her a "person". It's just that she is a person that is 12 years old. And like it or not, that has some consequences when it come to the intelligence, and, no, by that I don't mean she's stupid it's just that her capacities to reason, to plan, to solve problems, to think abstractly are improving, and there is still a long way ahead of her, a long way for improvement. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that she is unable to come to the right conclusions. I mean, she did that when she realized that this movie is terrible, she did announced it with the simple- IT SUCKS!, but that's still very good. That is a right conclusion, probably one that will follow her, I hope, through her life, even when she turns 40, 50... Very Happy
Damn I get carried away.
@Sky
I haven't say that you couldn't.
Look, if you put that you're 700 it wouldn't make much difference to me.
Because you named this topic in an very immature way. Like DTX said it- we respect your taste. But like I always say- It's hard, almost useless to debate about tastes, especially when it comes to the music. Before you write-ZOMG, the best song evah, you have to consider some things first.
So, I hope that we cleared that, and if I have insulted you in any way I apologize.

_________________

Unconditional love ftw! (Heroes Uprising)
avatar
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Posts : 1668
Join date : 2008-01-09
Age : 30
Location : On the Moon

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by VEGETA_DTX on Wed May 13, 2009 2:49 am

Yay everybody apologized now ^_^
That's what I wanna hear! Smile

Now yeah, ALL of you are mainly right in what you say(just as Sky herself as well!) but it should be all easily expressed, so THE ONLY complain I have is about the WAY secor said that, nothing else! cause it sounded kinda harsh.
So that's why I removed those couple sentences secor, I hope you understand it.

Cause you are all my friends and Sky is obviously about to be, since she's our cool new member and seems like a very nice person. And no matter how much old is she, that should not make her any different at all as long as she's good person and is sharing our vision of protesting DBE and its sequels.

But I am glad you are all understanding each other even if it seemed harsh at times Smile

_________________
DESTROY ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My AMV
avatar
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 2336
Join date : 2008-01-06
Age : 28

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile http://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Song about politics

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum