Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises

5 posters

Go down

Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises Empty Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises

Post by BoomerSL Tue May 27, 2008 4:00 pm

First off; I am not all for this movie, but not against it. I feel about this movie about the same way as I did Speed Racer or Transfomers. I know what happens i supposed to happen when from my exposure but I also understand the limits to the content that the movie can show. I brought the DB movie up to my friends who aren't anime friends but due to me and other friends of theirs they have an understanding of what goes on in the show. I told them that people in Japan are protesting this movie and we did have a good laugh. My hippie friend did bring up how people protested the movie that chronicled John Lennon's assassin and that disspelled my shock of a large group of people againts the movie. He did bring up a could point though, If they were to go and make a Superman movie and have an all Asian cast and changethe costumes and the characters and the origins we would'nt be all that happy. Which brings me to this; In America I have seen and know people who go and collect everything of a certain topic that they are interested in. I saw a guy on T.V. who has the world's largest amount of Superman paraphanalia(from coffee mugs to movies to pez despensers) he even had a copy of the bad Brandon Routh movie.(I have nothing againts the guy he does look like Reeve to an extent and has the capacity to make a good Superman) But, when it comes to Dragonball the fans japanese or otherwise are up in arms about it.Why don't they just view this as another rendition and cope with it whether its bad or not rather than get all frumpy about it?

BoomerSL
Just Born Saiyan
Just Born Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises Empty Re: Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises

Post by VEGETA_DTX Wed May 28, 2008 9:15 am

but I also understand the limits to the content that the movie can show
DBZ(and most of other animes) should never go into LAM...and understanding the limits to the content that movie can show is not an excuse.

Why don't they just view this as another rendition and cope with it whether its bad or not rather than get all frumpy about it?
Why Hollywood just don't come up with their own idea and franchise, rather than indirectly stealing it from genius like Akira Toriyama. Isn't that more logical and righteous question???

And superman is American creation not Japanese as far as I know.

I am really sorry if I sound stubborn or rude but I don't want to watch my childhood falling apart, and for those who don't understand our feelings - don't blame us, but try to improve your sense for moral, fandom, gratefulness and loyalty or simply leave us alone. thanx!

Last edited by VEGETA_DTX on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises Left_bar_bleue100/100Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises Empty Re: Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises

Post by Static InfluxNoLAM Fri May 30, 2008 3:39 pm

I agree with you 120% VEGETA.
Static InfluxNoLAM
Static InfluxNoLAM
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises Left_bar_bleue100/100Fans of Western franchises =/= Fans of Eastern franchises Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.geocities.com/cooldude969_99/

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Sat May 31, 2008 12:33 am

Thank you very much ^^

I maybe sounded a little bit harsh and I'm really sorry if its so, but I wanted to explain him shortly yet very clear(I hope) so that he can FEEL what we think about this.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:16 pm

Yeah, I prefer japanese video games to western video games.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by vegeta353658 Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 pm

I like all types of video games as long as they're fun to play.
vegeta353658
vegeta353658
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:54 am

Yes me too but when we look statistically to me Japanese games are way better...
But hey you can find great game everywhere if you search.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down