Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
About the U.S. and western audiences EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

About the U.S. and western audiences

+10
VEGETA_DTX
Chulance
RedRuleOneAgain
ningen
lol1991
Monkey D. Luffy
4Neodemon
Jessica Raine
Static InfluxNoLAM
Tlaloc
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

About the U.S. and western audiences Empty About the U.S. and western audiences

Post by Tlaloc Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:42 pm

OK, by now March 16th of 2009, we see DBE is doing somewhat regular in Asia. The media gives articles with that DBE is in the first places of the asian box office, but then the actual article says it is not really on top. So with that we know it is failing in the asian market.

But what will happend once it hits the western market, particullary the U.S. market?

I have this weird feeling that it will be a high grossing film the U.S. because most of the supporters are from there.

Wow, it would be odd and weird that the movie fails worldwide but is a hit in the U.S. which would be enough for Fox to make sequels. Also in another way, it will give proof that most people in the U.S. are dumb (no offense to real smart fans from the U.S. like Son Goku and Jessica) and in the worse case scenario, they will take away DB from Japan; because I have been reading in blogs, that these so called fans say that the japanese know nothing and have no taste... in their own works, while the U.S. the movie will be the greatest film ever.

lol these people are crazy. And they call us ignorant baby rapists lol.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
About the U.S. and western audiences Left_bar_bleue100/100About the U.S. and western audiences Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

About the U.S. and western audiences Empty Re: About the U.S. and western audiences

Post by Static InfluxNoLAM Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:03 pm

I'm from the U.S. and I agree 100% with you.
Static InfluxNoLAM
Static InfluxNoLAM
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
About the U.S. and western audiences Left_bar_bleue100/100About the U.S. and western audiences Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.geocities.com/cooldude969_99/

Back to top Go down

About the U.S. and western audiences Empty Re: About the U.S. and western audiences

Post by Jessica Raine Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:51 pm

I'm from the US as well and I agree most of us americans are completely and totally...oh look spongebob is on *gets distracted and watches*

haha just kidding but really there are alot of idiots here
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://jessicaraine.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 4Neodemon Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:01 am

Thank god Portugal is a small country... Even if the movie were a hit in the portuguese screens, its not enought to Fox make sequels...LOLOLOL!!

Tlaloc, DBE supporters are indeed CRAZY... Saying the japanese know nothing and have no taste is simply INSANE!!! How can they compare DBE to the original anime and say the US version is better??? Im totally shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

That is why the world is in crisis.. and not only the economic one.. lol! lol! lol!
I can somehow understand why James Wong and Hollywood make DB, a commercial and shitty movie (but i can not forgive him)... To GET ONLY MONEY.. to try to overcome the economic crisis!! I get a feeling that even Wong knows the movie is bad.. (100 millions and with that CGI???)!!!
What are the excuses for the DBE supporters?????????? those people are crazy!!!
4Neodemon
4Neodemon
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey D. Luffy Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:04 am

every country has its faults
Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Luffy
Strawhat Captain
Strawhat Captain

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:54 am

In Portugal, we have hit really bad times

Por falar nisso, a ministra da educação e uma pega, ne neodemon XD.
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:22 am

Portugal is a small country- lol, it's not that small. Smile
Serbia, on the other hand is a small country... Some of the movie theaters got out of business... So, yeah, we're all concerned about the results in U.S.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:06 am

Wow, good heavens none got made from what I said.

Being from Mexico, I am sick and tired of being down to the U.S. sadly indeed Mexico is the U.S.'s toilet as someone said. They think we all wear sombreros (sombrero is Spanish for hat, it is not a kind of hat) and that we are all swarthy and that we are all drug dealers and that we all love cock fights and that we all... well all kinds of stereotypes.

I also dislike it how the U.S. takes ideas from other nations, alters them and then sells it to the rest of the world like if it were theirs. I remember there is a comedian here in Mexico; Gaspar Henaine "Capulina" who said that the U.S. told him to come over the U.S., become famous and a citizen but deny him ever being Mexican.

And now they are doing it with japanese culture in general. First in Mexico we used to recieve our anime from Japan or other places but without censorship, but then now that anime is famous in the U.S. we get the edited versions because of legal shit and because it is easier to translate from English.

Yeah, if the U.S. alters something that is not theirs, and then gives it to the world, the world is screwed.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRuleOneAgain Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:41 am

Tlaloc wrote:Also in another way, it will give proof that most people in the U.S. are dumb.

Now, don't get me wrong, this movie is shame bringing to Dragonball but calling supporters dumb makes you seem like a well... immature child. I have a friend who is a supporter and even though our conversations can get very heated sometimes about the movie he isn't any worse of a person than anyone on this forum. Just wanna get that out there. Opinions people. Respect others and people will respect yours. Truthfully.

RedRuleOneAgain
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:03 am

Dumb conclusions exist.
Nobody is saying that we are better then those DBE supporters.
They just failed to realize some things.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:13 am

[quote="RedRuleOneAgain"]
Tlaloc wrote:calling supporters dumb makes you seem like a well... immature child..

And you will ban me because of that? Of course I am immature but why do people always hit me there? That is it! Ban me I tell you RedRuleOneAgian, ban me for having been born!

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:12 pm

If anyone the immature child it's me. Taloc is awesome and anyone who makes fun of him or anyone here need to keep their damn mouth shut and get the hell off this site.

hopefully that is everyone's thoughts as well...
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:02 pm

No Jessica, don't try to be the target of this jerk, he also wants you out!

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRuleOneAgain Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:31 pm

I'm kinda surprised how you treat people here. Me being a jerk? No I'm not. I'm stating my opinion that you don't need to pick on everyone who is for this move and call them dumb, that was all I was saying! Also there was no need for sarcasm. Also telling me to get the hell of the site? This shouldn't be the way you treat other members. I know I listen to your opinions and then respectfully show my own. I thought there was a rule not to flame members here?

RedRuleOneAgain
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:33 pm

taloc has he honestly said stuff about wantin to ban us? O_O

redOne, you ARE being a bit of a jerk. we overreact sometimes, true, but come on we're not retarted or immature children!
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRuleOneAgain Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:40 pm

JessicaRaine wrote:taloc has he honestly said stuff about wantin to ban us? O_O

redOne, you ARE being a bit of a jerk. we overreact sometimes, true, but come on we're not retarted or immature children!

Uh, no. I'm not being a jerk. Yeah you guys do overreact. Immature? Sometimes. You guys need to chill and watch what you post. Half the reason why supporters don't listen to what you say is because you just blurt it out there and tell them to shut up. I've seen it happens lots, I've dealt with it in comments on other forums and such. Show a good reason behind it and then you'll know you atleast tried to be civil (which is how you are always supposed to act while protesting something). I just got kinda PO'd when you stamp a label on people (the U.S. comment) and then try to prove your statement. I'm not even american but calling supporters dumb isn't the way we should go about this act.

*Cough* Thanks for respectfully replying *Cough*

RedRuleOneAgain
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:44 pm

don't see anyone else who has a problem with it...
ok yeah maybe the america thing is a bit harsh but americans being dumb is a very very common world stereotype X D we're not the first or last to do that. Not sayin we're all dumb, but gosh...I meet so many dumb people everyday...

And just saying, I have never talked to someone who I would consider "smart" who liked DBE. not once.
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRuleOneAgain Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:52 pm

JessicaRaine wrote:And just saying, I have never talked to someone who I would consider "smart" who liked DBE. not once.

I do all the time. My friend is one, also I've met a few people from the DBE forum (I didn't know right away) and they have very good points and can talk very civil.

RedRuleOneAgain
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chulance Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:59 pm

You say that about most Americans but I'm AFRICAN America? Am I included lol? Anyway yeah I'll be dissapointed with the US if this becomes a hit.
Chulance
Chulance
Supreme ruler of DBZ
Supreme ruler of DBZ

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://www.youtube.com/user/chulance

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRuleOneAgain Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Anime Goku wrote:You say that about most Americans but I'm AFRICAN America? Am I included lol? Anyway yeah I'll be dissapointed with the US if this becomes a hit.
It'll make tons of money no doubt.

RedRuleOneAgain
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:25 pm

RedRuleOneAgain wrote:
Anime Goku wrote:You say that about most Americans but I'm AFRICAN America? Am I included lol? Anyway yeah I'll be dissapointed with the US if this becomes a hit.

...what a downer
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:54 pm

I am so happy to see people being cool and not offended by Tlaloc expressing his opinions Smile
It only shows that there are lots of people who take good things from their geographical mentality and throw away the bad ones Smile

For example I don't like my country at all like economy, system etc...but I love it geographically and nostalgically Smile
I assume many of you from US feel the same about US?

Basically I can always INSTANTLY number you a few bad things and a few good things about ANY country/culture/nation/mentality.

US is just the one with statistically biggest number of corrupted people/communities etc...IMHO, but then again there are many things there that rocks! and I have so many friends there.

Is Serbia corrupted? - OH YES IT IS I will tell it right away Very Happy especially cause I live here.
But then again many people are very friendly, cheerful, clime is cool continental, etc...

Is Montenegro(the country of my origin) corrupted - YES IT IS!
But then again many people are full of honor, honest, good, ready to help, consistent and very very proud (lol Sayians Very Happy) but proud positively, not arrogantly.

Take Lol's and 4Neodemon's Portugal! Very Happy The weather there just ROCKS! Very Happy I just admire sunny weather and I don't care how hot is it Very Happy SUNSHINE ROCKS!

(ok enough for today now cup of bed and get in milk!)
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:56 pm

RedRuleOneAgain wrote:
Now whats a freakin deal seriously? :S
I already asked you couple times today, please answer me...are you against this movie, its sequels and any franchise based on it or not? please answer me...thanx.

I mean this post is ok, it doesnt have to mean you're rooting for the movie, that's fine Wink
but man that one post really busted you today Question
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRuleOneAgain Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:27 pm

The sarcasm is really starting to get annoying. Neutral

And for the love of god stop questioning if I like this movie or not! It will make lots of money, everyone knows that! It has a bigger fan base than Transformers for gods sake! I'm just stating my opinion WHICH SHOULD BE excepted on forums. I don't like the movie, it didn't need to be made, hell I would've just wanted a new anime DBZ movie!

You guys are the ones that need to chill.

RedRuleOneAgain
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:22 pm

RedRuleOneAgain wrote:The sarcasm is really starting to get annoying. Neutral

And for the love of god stop questioning if I like this movie or not! It will make lots of money, everyone knows that! It has a bigger fan base than Transformers for gods sake! I'm just stating my opinion WHICH SHOULD BE excepted on forums. I don't like the movie, it didn't need to be made, hell I would've just wanted a new anime DBZ movie!

You guys are the ones that need to chill.

Oh. My. God. WILL YOU ANSWER THE FREAKIN QUESTION? he asked calmly! WE NEED TO KNOW. This place is just for anti-dragon ball movie people. IF YOU ARE A SUPPORTER YOU HAVE NO REASON TO BE HERE. Why won't you answer? YOU are being the immature child ^_~ nothin against you personally, but really is it FUN for you to be among people you don't share the same views as or agree with or even seem to tolerate? I get the vibe you don't like us. and honestly you're being a bit of a killjoy to us! Please answer the question and if you are a supporter please leave!
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next