Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video]

3 posters

Go down

New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] Empty New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video]

Post by Son Goku Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:30 pm

IGN posted detailed information on what the game will be like.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1096096p1.html

Basically, it's gong to be on a 2D plane. I don't think it will utilize weapons (I hope it doesn't). It's going to be more violent than the last game/more mature. It will have tag-team matches for four players. Ed Boon, one of the original creators is in charge of the project.

If you're old enough to have enjoyed the first three Mortal Kombats in the 90s or Mortal Kombat Trilogy, you'll know this is probably a step in the right direction.

UPDATE: After Nikku posted some pictures from the character select screen, I happened upon a link to a gameplay video showing single and tag-team matches.

Last edited by Son Goku on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] Left_bar_bleue100/100New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://blogs.ign.com/I_LIKE_TURTLES

Back to top Go down

New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] Empty Re: New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video]

Post by ningen Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:02 pm

I like the way the whole thing looks. Though the movements are a bit too fast for MK, or it just seems that way to me.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] Left_bar_bleue100/100New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] Empty Re: New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video]

Post by Son Goku Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:26 pm

It might have been sped up a little, but it seems as fast as the first three where.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:06 pm

Aaaaargh!! Why that Son Goku!! I was literally JUST about to post the trailer! Haha!

Anyways, I found the trailer by accident just a few minutes ago. Somebody had labelled it an MK vs DC trailer and I dunno why but I clicked it. I saw an FMV of Raiden fighting Shao Kahn and then saw my man Johnny Cage in gameplay. It was then I realised it was MK9!

I like what I saw. Many of my favorite characters are confirmed which I'm happy about; Johnny, Kung Lao, Sub-Zero, Raiden. Johnny and Kung were of course criminally missing from MK vs DC so I was ecstatic at seeing them both return. I want them to focus on the original characters rather than bringing in new ones, because many of the newer ones lacked the "umph" that the classic characters had. I hope Frost comes back though, I loved her, she was my favorite female in the MK series.

I also loved the returning original backgrounds such as Kahn's arena and the Deadpool. And that Tag feature looks pretty interesting...

All in all, it looks great, I just hope there's stuff to do in this game, MK vs DC was a letdown. AND NO KOMBO CHALLENGES.
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:16 pm

Haha, you actually thought you could post news before me? The master of posting news before anyone else does? Pu-lease!

J/K, but really though, I really want this game and am hoping it sticks to the original formula. I sucked at pulling off certain moves and most of the fatalities in the original but now that I'm all grown up, I'd like to see how I've improved at this kind of game...and also I need something to use my turbo arcade stick on besides SSFII Turbo HD and Soul Calibur which I don't play anyway.

Agreed on the character aspect, Nikku. The new characters from MK4 onward couldn't hold a candle to the characters from the first three games.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:58 pm

Son Goku wrote:Haha, you actually thought you could post news before me? The master of posting news before anyone else does? Pu-lease!

J/K, but really though, I really want this game and am hoping it sticks to the original formula. I sucked at pulling off certain moves and most of the fatalities in the original but now that I'm all grown up, I'd like to see how I've improved at this kind of game...and also I need something to use my turbo arcade stick on besides SSFII Turbo HD and Soul Calibur which I don't play anyway.

Agreed on the character aspect, Nikku. The new characters from MK4 onward couldn't hold a candle to the characters from the first three games.

Grar!! I'll beat ya to the punch one day! ^___^

I'd love the game to stick to the original formula, but please don't give us the impossible difficulty level of Kombat 2, 3, Ultimate 3 and Trilogy! They were so hard it wasn't even funny.

Yeah, the new characters weren't all that were they? I loved a few of them such as Frost, Kenshi and Mavado, but most of them just didn't click with me such as the new people in Deception; Hotaru, Dairou and Darrious come to mind.

Another thing I love about this trailer is that the character's outfits are clearly reflecting the original looks from the Kombat II era! Yay!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:21 pm

It'd be nice if the Mortal Kombat tournament could be a tournament this time.

Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:49 pm

A big update on this game:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1098513p1.html

So it's a back to the future version of Mortal Kombat 1-3. Awesome.

I'm just hoping the human version of cyborgs we get to see are Sektor and Cyrax and the cyborg version of ninjas we get to see are Sub Zero, Scorpion, and Reptile.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:36 am

Great stuff! This is getting better and better. I can totally see reviewers who constantly bash the MK series giving this entry in the series good reviews! I'm glad to see that they're actually taking the time to sit down and remember/replicate what made the series so good in the first place.

What they seemed to forget is that the fans wanted something that harkened back to the original games. It's not hard to see why, the majority of MK fans nowadays are these adolesant boys who just put stuff like;

- Scorpion rocks!
- Sub-Zero is da man!
- Dis is AWESOME!!!
- Scorpion is way cooler dan da Sub-Zero!

Basically, they just want Scorpion and Sub-Zero in each new game and fatalities that aren't stylish like the ones from MK 1, 2 and 3. It has gotten quite annoying over the years seeing these types of fans.

But yeah, this new game is sounding better and better. I'm a little concerned about that DLC comment though; I hope its free, because game developers these days actually hold off on putting stuff in a game and then just sell extra bits and pieces of the game to you, whilst saying "oh we've only just thought of adding this!". LIES!!! Capcom are the worst offenders, charging you extra money (upwards of about £20/$20) for costumes that are already on the damn disc in Street Fighter IV.

Anyways, the story sounds really interesting! I can't wait to see the new changes this time round!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:31 pm

Yeah, I hate the costume DLC from Capcom. I never bothered with it anyway since they're not as good as the stock costumes anyway. Plus I refuse to pay extra for stuff that's already on the disc. That should be illegal.

It's really just an excuse for developers to make games more than the standard price of $60 as well as getting money from people who bought the game used.

Anyways, I wonder how it'll look like if you do an X-Ray attack on a cyborg ninja.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:22 pm

Son Goku wrote:Yeah, I hate the costume DLC from Capcom. I never bothered with it anyway since they're not as good as the stock costumes anyway. Plus I refuse to pay extra for stuff that's already on the disc. That should be illegal.

It's really just an excuse for developers to make games more than the standard price of $60 as well as getting money from people who bought the game used.

Anyways, I wonder how it'll look like if you do an X-Ray attack on a cyborg ninja.

*Nods head*

Yup yup! Its daylight robbery!

And I'll bet we'll see all the wiring and gizmos and stuff for the cyborgs! I know that Midway won't just get lazy and give them bones and flesh... will they...? Heh, Reptile should be interesting!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:20 pm

They're not even Midway anymore. They got bought out by Warner Bros. after Mortal Kombat vs. DC.

It looks like that might have been the best thing to happen to them because now they have the budget and all to start over like Star Trek did.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Son Goku wrote:They're not even Midway anymore. They got bought out by Warner Bros. after Mortal Kombat vs. DC.

It looks like that might have been the best thing to happen to them because now they have the budget and all to start over like Star Trek did.

Oh yeah, they're Netherealm Games now or something similar! Razz
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:51 am

Yeah, it's NeatherRealms. It's definitely an appropriate name.

I just can't wait to play as Sub-Zero and Sektor again.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:01 pm

Nikku wanna play as Johnny Cage and Kung Lao!!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:16 pm

New Mortal Kombat GAME [Update: New Gameplay Video] Bloodstormpesina
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:41 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

*Rips hair out whilst falling to knees*

Hehe, thats why Dan Pesina was fired from Midway, and why Johnny Cage was killed off before MK3. He returned in MK Trilogy (this time played by Chris Conrad) with a different sprite and slightly modified look.
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:23 pm

Yeah, I actually found that out recently myself. It's pretty hilarious is you ask me.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:02 am

Effing sellout!!

Why Johnny why!?!? I mean um, why Pesina why!

Coincidentally, his brother, Carlos Pesina who plays Raiden, was suspended for a while when he helped his brother out with I THINK the same game. Thats why Raiden wasn't in MK3.
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:26 pm

I added a gameplay video.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:11 pm

Nice!! Did you see the fatalities!? They were STYLISH! The game is just looking better and better; its definitely got the Shock Value back! Especially Kung's gruesome finishing move! Who knew a hat could be so dangerous?? I can't wait!!

Also, I love the individuality between characters now. You can really see that Ed Boon and the gang went all out this time. And the Respect Points system that he mentioned sounds pretty interesting too.

MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!! *Cue techno music* Razz Razz
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:39 am

I actually like the character models this time around. That's something I haven't cared for since MK3.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down