Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this?

+6
Roronoa Zoro
Monkey D. Luffy
Son Goku
secor
lol1991
Iceman
10 posters

Go down

What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? Empty What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this?

Post by Guest Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:50 am

Assuming your first knowledge of it wasn't seeing the trailer or pictures or anything, but when you just heard "Oh, they're making a live action DB movie", what was your reaction?

For me, my first thought was "How the hell will that work?". Mainly thinking about the action and effects here, I couldn't really envisage them looking good (or more accurately, not looking silly) in a live action film. Then I wondered how they would ever work the plot around to a 2 hour format. I figured it'd just be a smaller scale version of something like the Path to Power movie, which took all of DB up to the end of Red Ribbon saga and made it an 80 minute or so film. Of course it changed a whole bunch to make it work, but it did work. I figured it's just be something like, only covering less of the story, and expanding on the character intros and stuff to make everything make sense.

Back to top Go down

What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? Empty Re: What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this?

Post by Guest Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:05 am

My reaction back in 2007

Back to top Go down

What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? Empty Re: What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this?

Post by Iceman Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:33 am

My reaction was...

"I hope it'll be done in same way as FF Advent Children"

Then I saw storyline and realised... That will be another Hollywood movie... Pass it...
Iceman
Iceman
Lvl. 70 krelac (epic)
Lvl. 70 krelac (epic)

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? Left_bar_bleue100/100What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:20 am

My one
"OMG. Finally. Let's hope it's awesome
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? Left_bar_bleue100/100What was everyone expecting when you first heard of this? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by secor Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:54 am

i didnt believe it, people have been sayin theyre gonna make a live action movie for years.

about how it would look, i thought it would look way better than it does now, i've seen movies and even just short animations and crap that have cg in it that looks extremely similar to what i thought a db movie should look like
secor
secor
the portmanteauist
the portmanteauist

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:04 pm

I knew they were going to screw it up and I knew they'd cast a wimp as Goku. I actually had a premonition of that right after I walked out of the theater after seeing Topher Grace as Eddie Brock/Venom and this was a few months before the movie was announced.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://blogs.ign.com/I_LIKE_TURTLES

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey D. Luffy Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:25 pm

at first, hate to say it but i thought it might work if it was handled by the right people.....then I saw James Wong and had a relapse of Wing Commander........then I let go of it working at all

In my imagination I thought it would be structured kinda like starwars......but japanese...as in:

Movie 1,2 and 3 is Pilaf saga, Demon Picollo saga(young goku along with the Tienshinhan tourney thing against crane school) and Majunior saga

then theyll make the Z movies structured along how Akira Toriyama originally intended to end Dragon Ball, from Sayajin to Cell Saga.......

it shouldnt have been that hard, people are already at the point in CG where this should be childs play, it has the fanbase that rivals superman if you were to put the worldwide fans, and I am sure it would generate an extreme hype without the need of website that deletes negative comments about it....look at watchmen did and that ressembles real close to its original source! you dont need "realism" when the fans already know what they are expecting!
Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Luffy
Strawhat Captain
Strawhat Captain

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:07 pm

Monkey D. Luffy wrote:structured along how Akira Toriyama originally intended to end Dragon Ball, from Sayajin to Cell Saga.......
Aw hell naw...

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey D. Luffy Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:33 pm

maybe i got too old for when it reached buu....i think i even half heartedly watched the movies too......I was more of a fan of the manga before it was Z....so the first arcs are really important to me
Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Luffy
Strawhat Captain
Strawhat Captain

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by secor Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:13 pm

Son Goku wrote:I knew they were going to screw it up and I knew they'd cast a wimp as Goku. I actually had a premonition of that right after I walked out of the theater after seeing Topher Grace as Eddie Brock/Venom and this was a few months before the movie was announced.
yea they definitely messed up eddie brock in spider man. first of all he was supposed to be diesel, and second, venoms voice was supposed to deep and evil with like two voices to it, plus he was supposed to be even huger when he became venom

and they made him look too demonlike, he should've looked more like an evil version of spider-man, which is pretty much what he is

but yea, i pretty much envisioned them picking a scrawny little biyotch for goku
secor
secor
the portmanteauist
the portmanteauist

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Roronoa Zoro Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:51 pm

Honestly i was a bit meh. I expected it would look shit, then it looked shit. Fuck i must be psychic.
Roronoa Zoro
Roronoa Zoro
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Brock Lesnar should had been Brock/Venom.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by xXbakagurlXx Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:19 pm

Tlaloc wrote:Brock Lesnar should had been Brock/Venom.

yeah maybe he could act better than he can fight Razz
xXbakagurlXx
xXbakagurlXx
Teen Saiyan
Teen Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:23 pm

xXbakagurlXx wrote:

Yeah, that 'roid pumpin' freak should had been Eddie Brock.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:51 am

I didn't believe it at first. I just couldn't understand why would anyone want to see that thing come to light. It would be so hard to do it right.
Heh, I remember those comments:"How can you be against it, wait untill you see the movie..." XD
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:36 am

at first I was like "AWW SWEET!" then i heard they were filming it in new mexico or something and I was like "HUH? What the hell, that's not japan!" then I saw pucs of the actors and I'm like "IS THAT GOKU AND BAULMA? NO WAY THAT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THEM!!!"
then I forgot about it for a while...
then I saw the trailer and freaked out and joined this forum
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://jessicaraine.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Roronoa Zoro Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:06 am

Tlaloc wrote:
xXbakagurlXx wrote:

Yeah, that 'roid pumpin' freak should had been Eddie Brock.

They were originally gonna cast the Rock. That would've been great, besides the rock can act.
Roronoa Zoro
Roronoa Zoro
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down