Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin?

+4
Monkey D. Luffy
Tlaloc
ningen
DBLAGURU
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? Empty Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin?

Post by Guest Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:39 am

I know it's one of the big complaints about the film that they just left out a major character (even though he was dead for nearly all of the saga that the film is loosely based on), but think about it, who would they cast? Who is there that could actually play Krillin. They didn't even get simple characters like Roshi or Chichi right. Would you really want to see them try to stick Krillin into the film? Be glad that Krillin escaped being changed into some regular joe-schmoe like Goku.

Back to top Go down

Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? Empty Re: Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin?

Post by DBLAGURU Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:42 am

Hopefully in a possible sequel he'll be brought in and be accurate. I hope they learn from their mistakes and notice that people don't like their changes.

That or they might force the changes on us to represent themselves as creating a new alternate series. I'm fine either way but I really hope Krillin will be just...well...like he always was. Razz

DBLAGURU
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? Empty Re: Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin?

Post by ningen Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:47 am

@Emmy
Well, give that man a cigar, or should I say:"Good morning Columbus."
That's what we're saying the whole time. Can you actually imagine any character from DB in a movie, live action movie. It shouldn't be done...
Partly because of that some of us were against this thing from the start.
But NO, let's try it out. And here are the results.
Of course I'm glad that they spared me from that dreadful sight.
BUT, since they were so bold and blind they began working on this project.
So it's a reasonable thing to ask. No wonder that fans are disappointed.

NO MORE SEQUELS DBLAGRU!
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? Left_bar_bleue100/100Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:48 am

We don't need to imagine it, it is being done.

DBLAGURU wrote:Hopefully in a possible sequel he'll be brought in and be accurate. I hope they learn from their mistakes and notice that people don't like their changes.

That or they might force the changes on us to represent themselves as creating a new alternate series. I'm fine either way but I really hope Krillin will be just...well...like he always was. Razz

No, no sequels from this movie. Either start anew as it should be or nothing at all.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? Left_bar_bleue100/100Can you actually imagine a live action Krillin? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by DBLAGURU Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:54 am

Hell no, just go for a sequel so we can get into Z already. It's already been shown they're just going to not do a proper "DB" but since America is all "pro-action, no-plot" these days with the kids n' teens, they'll treat DBZ in a more positive tone plus learn from their mistakes.

Just god, no more touching Kid Goku's legend!

DBLAGURU
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:08 am

DBLAGURU wrote:Hell no, just go for a sequel so we can get into Z already. It's already been shown they're just going to not do a proper "DB" but since America is all "pro-action, no-plot" these days with the kids n' teens, they'll treat DBZ in a more positive tone plus learn from their mistakes.

And that is the problem, that this film is being made for US audiences with a worldwide distribution. DB belongs to Japan, not USA and it is loved worldwide. The films should had been done with an international audience in mind, an audience that knows the genesis is DB not DBZ so things should start out with Goku being a young boy.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:19 am

But then you have the same problem as with Krillin. What 12 year old kid are they going to cast? They'd probably need a really short stunt double for all the action scenes anyway. King Piccolo is probably the best place to start from. Goku is 15 there, it'd be much easier to get a young actor to play that role. If only they'd done it right.

Back to top Go down

Post by DBLAGURU Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:23 am

Tlaloc wrote:
DBLAGURU wrote:Hell no, just go for a sequel so we can get into Z already. It's already been shown they're just going to not do a proper "DB" but since America is all "pro-action, no-plot" these days with the kids n' teens, they'll treat DBZ in a more positive tone plus learn from their mistakes.

And that is the problem, that this film is being made for US audiences with a worldwide distribution. DB belongs to Japan, not USA and it is loved worldwide. The films should had been done with an international audience in mind, an audience that knows the genesis is DB not DBZ so things should start out with Goku being a young boy.

I guess this film is payback for them taking Spider-Man from us and doing that......Oh god....Super Sentai/Power Ranger-esque shit with 'em. Then again, this film is taking it too far because this time, we're using the gay ass teenager cliches. >_>;

DBLAGURU
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:25 am

And you still want sequels and naively think they will be better...dear God...
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:25 am

Emmy wrote:But then you have the same problem as with Krillin. What 12 year old kid are they going to cast? They'd probably need a really short stunt double for all the action scenes anyway. King Piccolo is probably the best place to start from. Goku is 15 there, it'd be much easier to get a young actor to play that role. If only they'd done it right.

Same thing for Goku, a young boy around his age. Yamcha would be older.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by DBLAGURU Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:26 am

Because the sequels will no doubt have him as an adult, deeming them cursed automatically to not use that cliche. ^_^

DBLAGURU
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:27 am

DBLAGURU wrote:Because the sequels will no doubt have him as an adult, deeming them cursed automatically to not use that cliche. ^_^

Problem is that if they do sequels out of this, the past has been ruined.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:29 am

So just because you'll get to see an adult actor you think they will be any better. Blah, I'm wasting my time trying to explain something to a person that didn't even noticed on what forum he/she's at.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by DBLAGURU Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:36 am

Okay I'm getting tired of your attitude. The point of the discussion was thankfully they'll get rid of the teenager high school cliche and then you'll focus on the major issues like how accurate it'll be, but at least have a chance to have a more serious story and finally abandon the crush-I-have-a-boner-for story.

Now please would you stop being a tool, being self-righteous, it's rude and obnoxious. All I did was toy around from the start expecting some fun but then I came for a serious discussion. If a hypocrite like you, whom assumes what a film will be like before release talks down on a person expectations and hopes for something not even revealed yet, much less only in the planning stages, then I don't need to bother with you in this thread, risking valuable time on back chatting with someone on a film that doesn't exist yet.
-BAN

DBLAGURU
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey D. Luffy Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:57 pm

Emmy wrote:But then you have the same problem as with Krillin. What 12 year old kid are they going to cast? They'd probably need a really short stunt double for all the action scenes anyway. King Piccolo is probably the best place to start from. Goku is 15 there, it'd be much easier to get a young actor to play that role. If only they'd done it right.

look for any young asian american wushu practicioners if youre doing it in english....if its gonna be japanese...it wont be hard to find an actor for kuririn
Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Luffy
Strawhat Captain
Strawhat Captain

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by secor Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:25 pm

to guru: u expect them to make a to-the-T dbz story when the history has already been destroyed. how can u expect them to just add krillin to the story? i mean yea, they can, it would be stupid and probably have a horrible backstory, but they could do it. i'm just sayin, u want them to go from dragonball high school musical to dragonball z, its not happenin

to luffy: thats what i was gonna say, young japanese actor, with all the things done in movies, with cg and dynamic cinematics, i dont doubt theres anything they cant do (except repair this movie and make it the db universe)
secor
secor
the portmanteauist
the portmanteauist

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Roronoa Zoro Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:53 pm

OK guys not i'm not for this first movie, but if they made a decent sequel witha recast or at least a whole script overhaul i seriously don't see what would be wrong.
Roronoa Zoro
Roronoa Zoro
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:07 pm

Roronoa Zoro wrote:OK guys not i'm not for this first movie, but if they made a decent sequel witha recast or at least a whole script overhaul i seriously don't see what would be wrong.

That the past canon is already ruined.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Roronoa Zoro Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:49 am

Tlaloc wrote:
Roronoa Zoro wrote:OK guys not i'm not for this first movie, but if they made a decent sequel witha recast or at least a whole script overhaul i seriously don't see what would be wrong.

What about the incredible hulk movie though?
Roronoa Zoro
Roronoa Zoro
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:36 am

Roronoa Zoro wrote:
Tlaloc wrote:

That was a restart, they retconted the Ang Lee film. Just as they should do with the film of James Wong.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:55 pm

I doubt they will even change the aproach.
The next one will probly start with Gawko back in HS, and Vegeta coming in as an exchange student or something. I wouldn't put it past them to do that.

And no, i can't really imagine a LAM Krillin. When first saw this was hapening it was one of my only things about it "what they're gonna cast a midget as Krillin, or just someone really short?". Then i saw what the movie was, and i was just thankful Krillin wasn't in the casualties
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Roronoa Zoro Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:47 am

Tlaloc wrote:
Roronoa Zoro wrote:
Tlaloc wrote:

That was a restart, they retconted the Ang Lee film. Just as they should do with the film of James Wong.

That was my point it could happen. Despite what this film looks like doesn't mean that future attempts with different producers wouldn't be better.
Roronoa Zoro
Roronoa Zoro
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:11 am

^That's the spirit.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chulance Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:45 pm

a LAM krillin would be awful they shouldn't ruin another precious DBZ character
Chulance
Chulance
Supreme ruler of DBZ
Supreme ruler of DBZ

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://www.youtube.com/user/chulance

Back to top Go down

Post by Roronoa Zoro Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:59 am

They'd probably get a kid to play him *shudders*
Roronoa Zoro
Roronoa Zoro
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next