Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan

+4
Tlaloc
lol1991
Jessica Raine
Son Goku
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan Empty Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan

Post by Son Goku Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:39 pm

My guess is he just reviewed it off the material that's currently out but here it is anyway. Oh, and by the way. When this movie comes out, be sure to bring its rating down on Rotten Tomatoes (the movie review website). People go there a lot to see if a movie is good. Let them know what the fans think.

http://voize.my/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2552

Dragonball Evolution is what you get when you try to forcefully crossbreed Mortal Kombat, Power Rangers, The Karate Kid, and The Lord of the Rings. Predictably, the resulting offspring of this supremely unholy union would either have to avoid mirrors for the rest of their lives or gouge out their own eyes. Fireballs coalesce through hand movements and then fly across the screen, check! The central villain is a campy green and his Asian American henchwoman is always dressed in a sort of catsuit, check! Asian American old man tutors his young, neophyte white grandson about believing in himself and fanciful notions of "ki", check! And the main protagonist experiences relevationary visions whenever he fondles the main plot device and must prevent it from falling into the hands of an apocalypse-bringing villain, check! The point is we've seen all this before and we (at least those among us with thinking heads) weren't particularly impressed the first time (the exception being that bit from The Lord of the Rings, of course).

What's baffling is that Dragonball Evolution insists on regurgitating all of that on us along with with criminally amateurish acting. Performances swing from wooden to campy and back, perhaps indicative that the actors too are clueless about the plot material. Based on the exceedingly popular manga series of the same name, the film is set in... well honestly, I don't have a freaking clue. It was never explained. Goku's high school is typically American in the present day; indeed most of the film's characters have American accents. But then he (Goku) and his group of adventurers travel by motorcycle to nearby locations (the film appears to cover the timespan of a few days) with decidedly Oriental names.

Ultimately, the plot is wildly implausible, confused and vague. Having not read the original manga series, I can only hope (for the sake of its readers) that the film is an abberant deviation. If you want to catch a quality comic book film, I'd suggest you pick Watchmen (read our review here). If you've already watched it, 10 bucks spent on Dragonball Evolution is still far better spent watching Watchmen again (no pun intended). Then again, it might be worth it (if you want a good laugh) to see Chow Yun-Fat (who plays Goku's teacher, Master Roshi) say, "Believe it, you punk! You are getting your clock cleaned!"

Rating: 1/5 stars
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan Left_bar_bleue100/100Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://blogs.ign.com/I_LIKE_TURTLES

Back to top Go down

Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan Empty Re: Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan

Post by Jessica Raine Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:59 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY ^_^ yay for others seeing how bad it suuucks~
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan Left_bar_bleue100/100Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://jessicaraine.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan Empty Re: Dragonball Evolution Review from a non-DB fan

Post by lol1991 Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:58 pm

so much burn.
The guy is right, it's an abberant deviation
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:00 pm

This critic is a bright man! See FOX? True open and brilliant mind people know this thing known as DBE is a mess! The movie tried to be many things but Dragon Ball!

lol I would love to see Corey Wilson's reaction to this!

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:03 pm

Alson you can comment on the review. Go give these people a nice comment of aproval, for they known their stuff
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawttdawgg Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:27 pm

Whoa nice :3
Hawttdawgg
Hawttdawgg
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:49 pm

That's weird, I left a comment but there is none.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:43 am

Me too. Something might be wrong with the system.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://blogs.ign.com/I_LIKE_TURTLES

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawttdawgg Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:07 am

marked as spam i guess
Hawttdawgg
Hawttdawgg
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:14 am

YES!! That put my mind at ease a little. I didn't approve of the ever so slight praise he gave it in the last bit of the review, but still it was nice to see a bad review. The first review I read was a bad one and that makes me feel a whole lot better!

And that 1/5 made it all the better too!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:26 am

Yeah well he's lucky he is not a DB fan. Then he would be even more outraged, to the point of his head Asploding
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:33 am

*Head asplodes*
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawttdawgg Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:37 am

Just jerk off!

Hawttdawgg
Hawttdawgg
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:07 am

Lol at the end, "I just commited murder"
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:30 am

That guy is fucking retarded.
Is "You're ..." videos are so stupid
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawttdawgg Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:49 pm

Lol no!!
Its a comedy.. calm down
Rofl
Hawttdawgg
Hawttdawgg
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:04 pm

Now there is something in the comments section, but no clear thing.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:35 am

Hawttdawgg wrote:Lol no!!
Its a comedy.. calm down
Rofl

He just acts dumb in front of the camera. I don't find that funny. And also, what he does is a long way away from comedy.
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawttdawgg Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:04 am

I just... like those kinds of humor .. :/
Hawttdawgg
Hawttdawgg
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lagoon Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:51 pm

1/5 is kinda unbelieveable, well to me it is. To most it will be woohoo but to me i would expect at least a 2 and maximum of a 3.5 and thats me being completely honest. this movie isnt going to be the best out there and I certainly know it wont be the worst (I always have a gut doubt about things like this). This movie is shocking but not shocking enough to get a 1/5

lagoon
Just Born Saiyan
Just Born Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:53 pm

O_O no really, I think 1 is perfect for it...
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:54 pm

Wait, lagoon; are you the guy who give that critic?

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:57 pm

are you name lagoon after "Black Lagoon", the anime??

And i also agree with you. 1/5 is not really what i would expect from this movie...i expect a 0/5
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:00 pm

haha nice one lol X D
I'd go for a negative score
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:57 pm

The guy perfectly said it all. A true example of a reasonable non-DB fan.

It does not take a whole lot of brain to see that this is ridiculously "adapted" exploitation and nothing else....

I posted the comment there today, but their comment board seems to be busted...
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next