Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film

+5
Goku lamenting from the a
Tlaloc
lol1991
Nikku
ningen
9 posters

Go down

DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film Empty DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film

Post by ningen Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:00 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-04-06/paper/dicaprio-considers-smap-for-ninja-scroll-film
"The Nikkan Sports newspaper reports that Hollywood figure Leonardo DiCaprio is considering casting Japan's SMAP entertainment group as the main leads in Warner Brothers and Appian Way's proposed live-action adaptation of the Ninja Scroll anime. Yoshiaki Kawajiri wrote and directed the original 1993 anime about a wandering ninja fighting a conspiracy of demons. Appian Way is DiCaprio's production company which acquired the rights to the anime last year. In addition to performing a string of hit singles, the five members of SMAP — Masahiro Nakai, Takuya Kimura, Tsuyoshi Kusanagi, Goro Inagaki and Shingo Katori — have acted in many films based on manga and anime. However, they have not acted together in the same film since 1994's Shoot.

According to Nikkan Sports, casting is in progress with DiCaprio's expressed intention to "cast with Japanese people." In November, DiCaprio told MTV's Splash Page that he is producing both this project and the proposed live-action adaptation of the Akira anime for Warner and Appian Way, but emphasized that he does "not really" have any interest in acting in them. In the same interview he professed to be a big fan of both Akira and Ninja Scroll, and added, "I know there a lot of loyal fans out there of the project and die-hard fans, so we're going to try to do the best job we possibly can and we're not going to make the movie until the script is in the right shape."

At a SMAP event at the end of last year, Nakai said, "I want to do a movie with [all the members of] SMAP." SMAP's agency told Nikkan Sports, "We have no official comment, but if this comes to fruition, we would certainly want to consider it strongly.""

Oh "goodie"...We'll see about that script.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film Left_bar_bleue100/100DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film Empty Re: DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film

Post by Nikku Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:08 am

ANOTHER ONE!?

Dicraprio alone makes the movie automatically fail. He's also going to ruin Akira by starring as Kaneda.
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film Left_bar_bleue100/100DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film Empty Re: DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film

Post by lol1991 Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:16 am

DiCaprio is a director no? At least he says he's the one doing the casting. Let's just see. We can't let DBE influence our opinions like that. Always give things a chance Nikku.
Also, DiCaprio is a very good actors. The awards he's won aren't just favors and popularity things. I just don't think he would do well in a LAM :S
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:10 am

^I have nothing against that guy...never cared much about him. But I wouldn't like to see him in a adaptation of an anime, book,etc. Luckily he's going to be behind the camera this time, I'm not too happy about that one either. I really have no desire to see Ninja Scroll, let alone Akira as a movie adaptation. I just hoping that the script won't suck as much as a certain one I won't even mention. >.<
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:59 pm

So we can speak of other movies in this thread too?

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku lamenting from the a Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:34 am

As far as I know SMAP is a group of comedians, know by doing a pretty weird kind of comedy, more like parodies, so i dont imagine them in Ninja Scroll.

This movies would be a thousand times better if they where made in japan without any american influence.

But then Leonardo Di Capprio is NOT a hack like the people who made DBE, he is actually a good actor and producer, and if he plans to cast japanese people he already shows more respect for the source material.

I mean i have my doubts, specially about Akira, but as long as he does not play Kaneda or anyone else for that matter, im willing to give it a chance.

Maybe he really is a fan, i guess well have to see.

Goku lamenting from the a
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:19 pm

Thanks ningen for the news, intresting...
I don't know, I'll tell the first part of my opinion which will ALWAYS sound the same Smile
1.I DON'T LIKE the whole anime to live action idea at least not anime to hollywood live action idea AT ALL.

And the second part of my opinion is pretty much all about...oh well fine if he make it decent without any stupid things and changes of characters and base story then fine with me but if he rapes Ninja Scroll just as Fox raped SF(two times) and DB then I am gonna be the first one to sign somebodies petition against it if there would be any one of those.

Ninja Scroll was always one of my favorite animes and one of the first anime movies I ever saw, oh and not to forget that mine old, unavoidable and picky "I love its artstyle very much!" Razz
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey D. Luffy Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:58 pm

SMAP is a pop group
Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Luffy
Strawhat Captain
Strawhat Captain

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:46 pm

G'damn, I came in here and saw taloc's post and thought he returned. then I saw the date...I'm depressed now.

Yeah leo is good and all but anime LAMS are not for him!
*gets a disturbing mental picture of kaneda holding tetsuo up on the balcony of the titanic*
...ewwww damn my mind
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://jessicaraine.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Venus Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:06 pm

lol!
Venus
Venus
Super Saiyan!
Super Saiyan!

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down