Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie)

3 posters

Go down

How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) Empty How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie)

Post by Skritz Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:07 am

Disclaimer: This is just my personnal opinion on how they should make a remake of Dragonball.

They should make it an anime serie because live-action would produce weird result. Maybe CGI or Cel-shaded, but some would agree the classic style would still be good. Also, keep in mind that remake mean changing stuff. So here is my basic overall story on how to remake Dragonball. Its a bit more sci-fi and less fantasy.

The Setting:
Set in a fictional version of future earth, Dragonball. Despite its different geography, its rather similar to our own world, altought a bit more advanced in technology. It is still referred to as "Earth".

Story Arc I (Red Ribbon Army)
The Red Ribbon army is some semi-terrorist world-domination stereotypical evil organisation (Think Cobra or Brotherhood of Nod). What make them do deadly in their plan for world domination is that their top (mad) scientist is Doctor Gero. Dr.Gero is madman who secretly studied the remains of alien ship. He discovered that two different alien specie came to earth. The first one came during the antiquity and the second one came almost two decade ago.

Studying the database of the oldest ship, he discover that this civillisation is linked to the Dragon Ball, who are considered by modern archeologist to be nothing but fairy. Decided to rule the world for himself, Gero decide to manipulate the fanatics of the Red Ribbon army into getting these seven artifacts. And he manage to discover one buried in the desert. His research where right, they do exist. They, however, define all scientific explanation. He also discover that the second alien ship contained an infant. This alien baby is, in fact, Goku who was found in the wood and trained by his grandfather.

Gero research enable to create of a variety of monster, cyborg and mutants (such as Sergeant Metallic, Buyon and some ugly creature here and there). He require a genetic sample for any of the aliens and goes on a man-hunt to capture Goku. But he has no idea that the "alien" look just like an ordinary human beign with a tail.

So Goku meet Bulma, goes on his quest for the Dragonball and gets chased down by Gero minion and the Red Ribbon soldier. The story arc final end with a cybernetically-enhanced Gero (Android 20?). He is defeated and the secret underground lab collapse, burying him alive. (In other word, he can come back later to create the androids and cell)

Story Arc II (King Piccolo)
After Gero is defeat, Goku goes training with Master Roshi (learning the Kamehameha among other thing) and meet Krillin. However, a new menace is lurking.

1600 years ago, the planet Namek was almost destroyed by an ecological disaster. The species sent some of their child to other planet until. The ship where equipped with memory banks so that eventually they could come back to Namek once the planet was stabilised. Unfortunately, Namek is almost destroyed, and its few survivors ahave now regressed to more a middle-age level of technology.

The ship contained two Namekian child, Piccolo and Kami. They arrived on earth during and where mistaken for spirit of some sort. They used to live in their spaceship in some remote moutain, but eventually they left to live with monks and learned martial arts.

While Kami eventully became a protector of the earth and a mentor to many hero, Piccolo travelled the world. He saw how human where weak, aggresive and destructive creature. He began to believe that he and his brother where gods and that they should rule over mankind. Thus began King Piccolo reign of terror to rule over the world. His brother was unable to stop him, having sacrificed a portion of his powers to create the Dragonballs. He turned to Master Mutaito for help. Mutaito forever sealed Piccolo inside a jar and died. Kami asked Master Roshi to hide Piccolo prison. Roshi is given immortality (in the sense that he cannot die from old age or disease).

Released by human folly, and driven mad by his confinement, Piccolo goes on a mad killing spree to take over the world. Kami turn to Goku to stop him.
Skritz
Skritz
Teen Saiyan
Teen Saiyan

Back to top Go down

How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) Empty Re: How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie)

Post by VEGETA_DTX Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:22 am

Well very nice story. I am to tally ok with the fact that somebody would change DB/Z by their tastye but not WHOLE and not fully...And the most important you said you would do classic style and thats what DB/Z is all about mostly... When yoi change THAT you change EVERYTHING... 3D and 3D cellshading would still be also great, but live action no IMO.

And its all great as long as it is in our heads like "HOW WOULD WE DO IT" and like FAN FICTION but I would try not to do it officially...because not everybody would like it for sure...But if you make remake with the good old story and the good old style, just with a better technique like 3D or such than thats not only acceptable but even awesome IMO - see DBZ Burst Limit for the PS3 Wink
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) Left_bar_bleue100/100How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) Empty Re: How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie)

Post by Skritz Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:19 am

My point was how you can remake the story and yet still make it FEEL like Dragonbal..
Skritz
Skritz
Teen Saiyan
Teen Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:45 am

Thats for sure!
Like I said, if you'd try your BEST to make it as worse as possible, you would never make it to the level of what Fox did...
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) Left_bar_bleue100/100How I would remake Dragonball (not as a movie) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Skritz Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:53 pm

VEGETA_DTX wrote:Thats for sure!
Like I said, if you'd try your BEST to make it as worse as possible, you would never make it to the level of what Fox did...

Oh really? Im sure it could be ten time lamer, which would of course destroy the universe.
Skritz
Skritz
Teen Saiyan
Teen Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:14 pm

Hmmm...it could be lamer of course, but thats like saying "there are much lamer suicides than a suicide with a gun" - yes there are of course! but all of them are suicides either way... Smile same for this...
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:30 pm

I also have in my mind a script for a Dragon Ball movie, but I am afraid to show it since someone my steal me ideas. I was going to place it on liveactionanime.org but then they banned me.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down