Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie!

+3
Superman
Dominicus
DBmovie_Boicot
7 posters

Go down

Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! Empty Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie!

Post by DBmovie_Boicot Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:00 pm

I found this nice comment in the dbthemovie.com post about DB teaser trailer.
----------
UnManuel Says:
October 3rd, 2008 at 3:01 pm

People, seriously, I really cannot understand how you still like this movie after seeing that mediocre teaser. I think you either self-conditionated into liking it or you actually despise it but you haven’t enough courage to admit it after all those months of avid bootlicking.

I’ve following the progress of this movie from the very beginning because I’ve always wanted a Dragonball movie. A nice one, actually. I’ve tried hard to see hope along the increasingly crappy advances. But THIS is not the thing I was waiting for. For those of you, with that nonsensical “realistic movie” argument, I have several things to say.

Dragonball’s core appeal comes from its weirdness. Dragonball is not only about people flying and shooting energy and fighting lightning-fast, but the overall setting, unique characters and odd things happening all the time.

I can show you how wrong you are. Most of the Dragonball features you called “silly” or “unsuitable for a live-action film” are already on American cinema. Actually, the majority of the films I’m about to reference are very respectable productions:

- Flying human beings: The Matrix Trilogy
- Unrealistic fights (including an aerial fight): The Matrix Trilogy
- People with odd hair color/haircuts: The Fifth Element, A Clockwork Orange, countless others
- Tailed human: Nightcrawler from X2
- Giant monkey: Peter Jackson’s King Kong
- Talking animals: Men in Black films, Narnia films, The Golden Compass
- Aliens come to Earth in human-sized pods: Spielberg’s War of the Worlds
- Giant manned robots: Spielberg’s War of the Worlds
- Anthropomorphic manned robots: Aliens, Iron Man
- Dinosaurs in modern times: Jurassic Park films
- People riding dinosaurs: Star Wars films
- Flying land vehicles: Star Wars films
- People shooting energy from his hands: any Sith
- Anthropomorphic dogs: Chewbacca!
- Old green man with pointy ears: Yoda!
- Green man with antennae: Greedo
- Green man: Abe Sapiens from Hellboy

As you can see, those movies, particularly the Star Wars franchise, are very successful. But Dragonball, with all its rich mythology of wonderful beings and events, has been straight raped in front of you, loyal fans, to favor this awful piece of bad filmmaking and poor artistic licence. If you ask me Neutral , Wong just has not enough balls to manage the scope of what Dragonball really is. He had the opportunity to induce new, fascinating characters to American cinema, unlike Yoda (it’s a puppet, after all): three eyed men, talking cats, an entire fantasy army with badass weaponry… God, if George Lucas wants a fat, tailed bastard on his movies, he just do it and people proceed to love the result…

…But suddenly, Dragonball must be forcefully adapted into Karate Kid but with B-movie-like special effects.

You can make the difference. You can get a better Dragonball, because the box office has the power of telling the industry how to do things properly. It happened with Ang Lee’s Hulk, it happened with Superman Returns.

Think about it.

DBmovie_Boicot
Just Born Saiyan
Just Born Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! Empty Re: Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie!

Post by Dominicus Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:18 pm

lol sounds like me! Completely agree, just add one more green man The Incredible Hulk!
Dominicus
Dominicus
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! Empty Re: Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie!

Post by Superman Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:52 pm

DBmovie_Boicot wrote:
- Green man with antennae: Greedo

There are also the Andorian race in Star Trek: Enterprise with antenas. They are actually blue, but the antenas moving as they are real. I wonder how did they do that.

If you want an example with strange characters and races then you have Star Trek.
Superman
Superman
Superman
Superman

http://crtam4fun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominicus Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:01 pm

Superman, I just notice your avatar lol nice!

Yeah I can't see any redeeming qualities in this movie,
Dominicus
Dominicus
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:49 am

God, I think this perfect! Very Happy cause I absolutely agree except only one thing and that is - instead of this:
I’ve following the progress of this movie from the very beginning because I’ve always wanted a Dragonball movie. A nice one, actually

I'd put this:
I’ve following the progress of this movie from the very beginning because I always had phobia of it, and prayed to the Holly Brolly, Kami and Dende for it to never happen. Not any DB movie! especially not hollywood made! cause I knew which way it would go and how it will look, and guess what!? I even have a proof for it!! its called - THIS MOVIE!

Everything else is PERFECTLY SAID!!! I just sooo agree, and I think it couldn't be better said!
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! Left_bar_bleue100/100Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:11 pm

O____O

Good lord! That list in the first post just totally owned Wong!!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! Left_bar_bleue100/100Reasons for NOT TO BUY Dragonball Movie! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey D. Luffy Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:26 pm

so all those films are dragon ball...this proves that Dragon Ball if made well, will combine all the awesomeness of all those movies and multiply it by a thousand in the hands of capable production studios/directors/producers/actors/animators/stuntmen/.............everything
Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Luffy
Strawhat Captain
Strawhat Captain

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawttdawgg Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:54 am

nice nice XD
Hawttdawgg
Hawttdawgg
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down