Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie!

5 posters

Go down

Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! Empty Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie!

Post by Portgas D. Ace Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:03 am

I am a huge fan of your site and constantly visit here but this will be my first time emailing you about something. I love geek movies because there is nothing better than a well made geek movie. Well after watching the 95-100 minutes (excluding credits) of the movie i say this movie was solid. Ya you heard that right. I simply love the anime but I was very very nervous about it being made by fox. After all the studio has been making nothing but shit lately. Another reason why I was worried about this movie is that the director is James Wong who made final destination 1 & 3 and The one starring Jet Li. What I watched had unfinished sfx and with no scoring done yet. Also… they will be adding one or two scenes which will be shot sometime end of october.

Now let me list the positives of this movie

1) Action - I wasn’t expecting the action scenes to be as awesome as they were. Simply put the best thing about this movie. The last action scene of Goku vs. Picollo are simply amazing and when picollo takes out his huge fucking ass sword with weird rectangle shape tablet attached it at the tip of sword and slamming it on goku was fucking awesome. Lot of blowing shit up, super cool flying scenes, awesome ki blasts. This fight scene was around 13-15 minutes long. There are other small action scenes that are fun and entertaining with slo mo but nowhere as good as the picollo vs. goku scene.

2) James Marsters as Picollo was awesome. He was perfect as picollo. Very mean and a villain that makes you say fuck ya kick all their asses. Oh and Picollo transforms into a light greenish color picollo towards the end of the movie.

3) Justin Chatwin as Goku. This guy surprised me a lot. I really didn’t like him when they casted him as goku but he did a damn good job in the acting department and he nailed the KAMEHAMEHA line.

4) Oozaru - the giant monkey is in the movie. Goku turns into a 8-9 feet tall giant baboon when he looks at the moon. It was awesome looking though a bit CGI. Maybe they will fix it later.

5) Emmy Rossum as Bulma- She was really really good in this role. I liked how she never acted like a wimpy girl and eventhough she knows she can’t win against the evil forces yet she kicks ass. A strong female role I will say.

6) Fullum Assasins - I thought adding these monsters were bad idea but they were pretty damn cool and there was an enitre scene where Goku and his friends fight these monsters and that fight scene was pretty damn good.

7) Joon Park as Yamcha was pretty cool. His acting was spot on like the character and they showed some cool fighting techniques of his. The fight scene between him and goku was good.

Negatives

1) Story - Dragonball fans will be dissapointed with some of the changes they have made with stories and characters etc. Krillin isn’t in the movie, Tien isn’t in the movie too. High school setting for the first 22-23 minutes was so not needed but ah well typical hollywood garbage of adding bullshit like that.

2) Jamie Chung as Chi Chi - Ya this was another casting i didn’t like and my worst fears came true. Her acting is as bad as Jessica Alba’s in F4 movies but thankfully her screentime isn’t that big. I really wished they could have tried harded to find someone else. I hope for sequel she can improve if there is one of course.

3) Chow Yun Fat as Master Roshi - I was dissapointed with this. I wanted the fucking perverted roshi who fucking grabs breasts and asses like in the anime but alas all of that is fucking gone. Also he acted like Mr. Kesuke Miyagi. You know what I mean. The lines he spoke were fine but I felt he was uncomfortable in the movie. Very dissapointed.

4) Shenron the dragon - Ah another huge dissapointment. This is like sentinel in X3 all over again. FUCK FUCK FUCK you fox. So ya they get all the dragonballs and the dragon appears but the dragon is hiding behind fucking clouds and you only see his shadow. The voice of the dragon was provided by none other than Christopher Sabat who provided the voice for the dragon in the american version of the anime. When the dragon spoke it was chilling but damnit it was hiding behind clouds. One can hope they will fix this but chances of that are very slim.

5) Eriko Tamura as Mai was underused character and frankly speaking if that is what their intention was to underuse her then they might as well have not added this character and just added more picollo. Her moments were cool and she basically was there to show her nice boobies but ya she was kinda wasted.

Overall, I would give the movie a 6.5/10 simply because i was expecting disaster but it turned out better. The positives I mentioned coupled with some cool funny goku moments like eating a massive turkey etc. were hilarious. If only Master Roshi was perverted and Shenron was visible I would have given this 9 but ah well they messed up there. Hopefully they will fix shenron as they still have 5 months to movie’s release but if not then well fuck you to fox and james wong. But in all seriousness I am glad it aint the disaster I thought it would be. Hopefully you guys will post this. Thank You.
Portgas D. Ace
Portgas D. Ace
Just Born Saiyan
Just Born Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! Left_bar_bleue100/100Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! Empty Re: Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie!

Post by Ha! Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:36 am

I didn't get right, you watched the draft or someone else?...and if you did, where?

btw... No matter how cool, awesome and great scenes may look in the movie, that surly can't replace the things,which makes dragonball what it is, our favorite...and those things are the "feel" that is produced by that unique dragonball's atmosphere witch movie dont have at all Wink

Last edited by S|DeRa† on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Ha!
Ha!
Gray hair dude
Gray hair dude

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! Left_bar_bleue100/100Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie! Empty Re: Someone Claims To Have Seen a Resent Draft of The Movie!

Post by VEGETA_DTX Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:52 am

I love geek movies because there is nothing better than a well made geek movie
I think I should have stopped reading right here...

@Sephi, I think you couldn't tell it better Wink And yes this is someone else's thoughts that Portgas D. Ace just posted here(if I am right Very Happy?)
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Portgas D. Ace Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:13 am

Yep, this is someone eles's review. Honestly it really didn't say much of what we didn't already know. I'm afraid to say this b/c I could just turn out to happen but judging by everything we've seen I'm now getting the feeling that they are going to make Vegeta the star football player at the rival high school or something.
Portgas D. Ace
Portgas D. Ace
Just Born Saiyan
Just Born Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:34 am

^OOOH NO NO! AAAAAAGGGHHHHH NO NO NOOOOO NOT AGAIN! PLEASE STOP NO!!! DAVID BECKHAM AS VEGETA!!!! I ALREADY DREAM THAT EVERY NIGHT AND I CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! PLEASE STOP IT HURTS SO MUCH NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why am I whining anyways...? this movie is total nightmare coming true already...but....anyways - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Portgas D. Ace Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:17 pm

By any chance have you guys seen this clip yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqTjF_xRm3k

Why is Toriyama's name on there? Since he isn't invovled with the fim,or are they just crediting him for writing the manga.

Last edited by Portgas D. Ace on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Portgas D. Ace
Portgas D. Ace
Just Born Saiyan
Just Born Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:24 am

Portgas D. Ace wrote:judging by everything we've seen I'm now getting the feeling that they are going to make Vegeta the star football player at the rival high school or something.

VEGETA_DTX wrote:^OOOH NO NO! AAAAAAGGGHHHHH NO NO NOOOOO NOT AGAIN! PLEASE STOP NO!!! DAVID BECKHAM AS VEGETA!!!!

I think he meant, American Football, not real Football.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:44 pm

Yeah but anyway, its point is that "he's pooopulaaar and girls likeee hiiim and all sorts of snobby trendy pop culture crap!!!!"
sorry people I know you heard those words many times from me Razz but I hate that pop culture so much :/ and objectively IT JUST FREAKING DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE VEGETA NOR DB IN GENERAL! Sad its even opposite of DB....THIS is crappy world! DB/Z world is beautiful!
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:30 pm

FAKE. No really, I called it awhile ago. Basically the guy who wrote this (DON) just used info that we know already and threw in a few fibs based on his fears (he doesn't want Shenron to turn out like the Sentinel from X3 or Galactus from F4 so he put that in to warn Fox not to do that). Basically he's all full of crap.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://blogs.ign.com/I_LIKE_TURTLES

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:37 am

Of course thats what I thought from beginning...Just trying to hype up true DB fans...which is impossible
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down