Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off

+7
Jessica Raine
Monkey D. Luffy
Son Goku
Nikku
Ha!
ningen
RedRuleOneAgain
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off Empty Well, what do all of you make of this?

Post by RedRuleOneAgain Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:25 pm

I am curious.
What about you guys?

RedRuleOneAgain
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off Empty Re: Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off

Post by ningen Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:18 am

I stopped reading the comments after this retarded one:
"I'm a fan of the show and I'm going to grab a big tub of Popcorn and a blueberry Slurpee in the theater and be entertained. Because that's all the show was good for, a half hour of mindless fun... that stretched over a thousand plus episodes. lol. You would have to be a fool to think you can get every single episode detail in 90 min of a show that ran that long. If that guy was a true fan he would be grateful that we get a new Dragonball story and it's on the silver screen. A streamlined Goku story is better than none at all.
Do your thing Ben with you behind the story I trust that it will be a fun ride.
BTW what about those DBZ animated movies? They were always fucking up continuity.. but we loved them anyway."
It is funny in a way...we would like to think that society has made a progress, and it's still progressing-modern thought, people's rights. But this person is an example of how most of the people are still unable to think clearly. They just follow others, unable to think for themselves, or they are coming to the wrong conclusions.

Now about the main excuse that has been used from the start:
"...serve the needs of the studio who is interested in making the film as appealing to as broad an audience as possible sometimes at the expense of the hardcore fans who are very specific in what they want to see."

It's a mistake that I see over and over. This is not about hardcore fans, this is about the fans in general. For once I would like to see some honesty:"Yes we're only interested in profit and, yes, because of that we will create random kung-fu movie that just borrows the fame, and yes in the process of making it appealing to every person we can get it will no longer be an adaptation.

"The characters are established..."- but those are not DB characters.
"The rules of the universe are set..."- but that is not the DB universe.

"The problem from the studios perspective is in creating a film for the hardcore fans, you run the risk of alienating the non fans who are a huge part of the movie-going audience. Especially in a world as complex as Dragonball Z with so many characters so many story lines so many rules. It's a massive thing to distill down to 90 minutes or so."
The problem is that in the pursuit for profit you thought it can be done, and it can be done well.
I just hope that Fox will learn something from this mistake.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off Left_bar_bleue100/100Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off Empty Re: Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off

Post by Ha! Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:52 am

I think scratch ... he's ugly silent
Ha!
Ha!
Gray hair dude
Gray hair dude

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off Left_bar_bleue100/100Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:00 am

I lolled at this line that Ramsey said -

"Anyway you don't have to call me an asshole man, because I'm not. Most people consider me a pretty cool guy."

Who...? Your mother?
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:04 am

His imaginary friends?

Do your thang in Hollywood Mr.Ramsey and F@% the rest of them haters. -this is just sad...
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off Empty Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off

Post by Son Goku Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:14 am

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.viewcustom&friendId=29846783&blogId=455553901&swapped=true

Dragonball Fan Mail
Current mood: hopeful
Category: Movies, TV, Celebrities
Man the Dragonball Fans are up in arms over the latest trailers. I haven't seen this level of vitriolic outrage over a movie since Speed Racer. Oh well you get in this business gotta take your lumps. Here's Nick's friendly letter.

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Dec 10, 2008 8:30 PM

way to ruin everyones dreams asshole
stay far away from the sequel please

Dear Nick:

I'm sorry you're disappointed man. The process of adapting any source material especially one as popular and as expansive as Dragonball and Dragonball Z is a loose-loose situation for a writer and director. So the creative team is gonna take their lumps from fans until the actual film comes out then maybe it will redeem itself or maybe it won't and we'll take even more lumps. I ain't mad atcha it's what you sign up for when you decide to do this for a living. You put yourself out there and hope people like what you do.

Anyway as a writer it's my job to serve two masters and do a major juggling act that is try and be as true to the source material as I can and serve the needs of the studio who is interested in making the film as appealing to as broad an audience as possible sometimes at the expense of the hardcore fans who are very specific in what they want to see. I have friends who are still pissed off that Wolverine didn't wear that yellow suit.

In doing an origins movie the idea was to start with a movie based in a more realistic and familiar setting then gradually allow the Dragonball universe to take over so by the end of the film we are in full ..onball mode. The characters are established the rules of the universe is set and all the things familiar to the hardcore fans are there. So by the next film you can go hardcore.

The problem from the studios perspective is in creating a film for the hardcore fans, you run the risk of alienating the non fans who are a huge part of the movie-going audience. Especially in a world as complex as Dragonball Z with so many characters so many story lines so many rules. It's a massive thing to distill down to 90 minutes or so.

Anyway you don't have to call me an asshole man, because I'm not. Most people consider me a pretty cool guy.

Ben
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://blogs.ign.com/I_LIKE_TURTLES

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey D. Luffy Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:40 am

I guess his other master was money......and that totally won out to the fans

and no we wont get what we want in the end....remember spiderman 3? yea
Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Luffy
Strawhat Captain
Strawhat Captain

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:29 am

The just shouldn't have even bothered with a dragon ball LAM. it's simple as that. it can't be done.
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://jessicaraine.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:35 am

Ben Ramsey is a "cool guy"! Many people think that!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:42 am

I still have faith it can be done. It's just Fox is going in the "you're doing it wrong" direction
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:43 am

yeah still it seems kinda hard...at least to try and capture the entire series. i can see a dragon ball movie, but not a movie of dragon ball. ya know?
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:45 am

They could have done what was done in that Keannu Reeves movie. The vectoring stuff.
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:55 pm

Man, Ben Ramsey is such an untalented jerk. Stick to hip hop movies!

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:56 am

Yeah, those ones where the main character (a rapper who cannot act for shit) has to convince people that wars and fighting are wrong through the "power of rap".

LMFAO!!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:09 am

Dear Ben(not Dear at all Sad sorry I got to be honest with you)

This will be one very long message, and I am aware that you might not have time to look at it at all, but if you see it and catch some time please read it entirely, cause its virtually a message from the millions of pissed fans around the globe.

Now I am gonna be trying to sound as less harsh as possible.

We DBE protesters perfectly understand that its just "your job" and just "your duty" but you see, in life when you cross over MORAL DUTIES just for the pure profit, EVEN THOUGH you clearly have an option of REFUSING to work with such risky titles, you are just another "huge greedy hollywood pig" in the eyes of us - millions of fans around the world.

Nobody blames ONLY YOU, but please, tell me how would you feel if someone rape and completely destroy your 1.childhood memories 2.fandom 3.entire life
Millions of people devoted most or huuuge part of their lives to this BEAUTIFUL MASTERPIECE created by Akira Toriyama Sensei, and saying that "its only a damn cartoon" wouldn't be an excuse, whatsoever it would make you sound selfish and discriminating, cause we all have our devotions and interests, and they only differ by the type and by the reasons, but not much by the intensity!

Now please tell me is there some franchise from your childhood or something similar that you REALLY REALLY ENORMOUSLY LOVE? if there is...imagine what would you feel like if somebody would rape it...Or if you don't have, then imagine some of your good friends being beaten to death in front of your eyes while you can't do ANYTHING about it...?
That is the same kind of pain we get from this BLASPHEMOUS AWFUL PIECE OF EXPLOITATION AND CHILDHOOD RAPE - DRAGON BALL DEVOLUTION!

Most of us never wanted hollywood version of the DB in a first place! If you ask me personally that is the most RIDICULOUS AND HORRIBLE IDEA EVER!
Think about it, you have a COMIC/CARTOON, a JAPANESE COMIC/CARTOON called MANGA/ANIME, and one of its primary points is its ARTSTYLE! Because otherwise people wouldn't spent tons of time drawing and animating scenes, instead they would simply write a book, because book's primary and only aspect is the story of course...
AND NOW even though you are aware of that(I guess), you still TAKE that MANGA/ANIME and turn it into a live action movie!
That live action idea alone automatically KILLS the most important aspect of one manga/anime and that whole miraculous feel and atmosphere that millions of people grew up to...and I don't even want to get started how this particular movie does not remind of the DB IN ANY WAY AT ALL! not art-wise, not story-wise NOT ANYHOW!!! I SWEAR if there were no title and names, I would NEVER guess that its about DB!
Actually if you'd also change the title and the character names into something that have nothing to do with the DB, we promise you no riots and no protests! Very Happy we would actually instantly start celebrating! I am DEAD serious!

To be even worse, not only that this movie doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the DB but it is even OPPOSITE of it, both by its exploitative idea and as the content of the movie itself.

DB = Purity, Innocence, Justice, Moral, Pride, Persistence Fighting for the good causes, Fighting against evil, ant-materialism, anti-exploitation, parodying snobishness, parodying elitism, parodying trends...
literally preaching ALL the good and positive things.

DBE = first of all, its another out of million movies that spreads that spoiled materialistic hollywood mentality and all their pop culture cliches that teach us how its much more important to sound and look "trendy" and "cool" than to be a good friend and a good person.
Just look at all the news, previews and the trailer of this movie: "who's more cool in school :S", "Goku steals Cary Fuller's girlfriend :S", "Goku is not ready for this :S" - ?!!?!?!
And not to mention the fact that this whole movie, is one EVIL DEED called EXPLOITATION or as I like to call it the FRANCHISE TERRORISM.

So like I said, not that it only doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the original DB but its even complete OPPOSITE of it, and with that its ULTIMATELY INSULTING ENTIRE DRAGON BALL FRANCHISE ITS CREATORS AND ESPECIALLY ITS FANS!

If you don't believe that fans are really significantly pissed, then please visit our forum and petition:
https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com
http://www.petitiononline.com/dblam444/petition.html

We really badly want you not to make any sequels! I don't know if I can take this one rape, but I certainly won't keep my sanity if the second one comes out, and we DBE protesters will do our BEST to protest it and stop it even if we'd know that its even theoretically impossible...WE WON'T STOP! At least to be one thorn in your eye as you are a millions of thorns in our childhoods!

Please, consider this seriously, and if you are a bit reasonable person you will actually refuse to write the sequels, and would understand our feelings, cause for you there will be always a job, and you will be able to buy most of the material things, but you will never be able to by reputation, friends and love...
I strongly suggest you never to work on the movies that are based on something, whether its a book, comic, cartoon, anime, game or whatever...cause you can only ruin it for those fans...why not simply working on some hollywood franchise or on the whole new franchise from the scratch?

Remember, you people at hollywood don't need to RAPE somebodies childhood in order to make something "neeeew" and "difereeeent", you can as well come up with your own idea once in a while, and make a new franchise for itself, and with that make a world happier place, cause then you will be happy and we millions of fans around the would would be spared and happy!
But by doing this only YOU will be happy by getting your WRETCHED MONEY which spoiled you to the core, but that happiness won't last long cause you'll have your reputation down and many riots.

And if our protests, petitions, communities all seem silly to you, don't forget that every pure, good and righteous effort will be rewarded someday and somehow, just as every evil and exploitative deed will have its price.

I wish you all the best in your life!

-VEGETA_DTX of db-lam-protest
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:13 am

Well said, my friend, well said.
But they probably won't understand it.
They reject everything rational\wise and label you as a hater.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:15 am

Oh, oh! Vegeta!! Will that really be sent to Ramsey? It was very well written. I read through the entire thing, but Ramsey probably won't understand any of it, the bastard.

All Holywood cares about is money.
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:51 pm

Vegeta-san is epic
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:45 pm

I wont read it...there is no need.
GO DTX.
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Aaaawww 😊 thank you people so much! But I think its pretty bad written, I mean when it comes to grammar Razz

I wrote it fast + my horrible grammar = zillion mistakes Razz

But I am so glad you like what I said ^_^ I hope he will read it!
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:20 pm

If he doesn't read it, I'll hurt him.
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:27 pm

and I will help nikku hurt him!
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:29 pm

And I will help Jessie help me hurt him!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:30 pm

and I will help nikku help himself help me help him
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawttdawgg Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:20 am

Whos Ben Ramsey :/
Hawttdawgg
Hawttdawgg
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next