Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off

+7
Jessica Raine
Monkey D. Luffy
Son Goku
Nikku
Ha!
ningen
RedRuleOneAgain
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off

Post by Nikku Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:44 am

Just some nut.
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off

Post by Tlaloc Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:24 am

Hawttdawgg wrote:Whos Ben Ramsey :/

To give a wide explaination, he was the one who wrote the first draft of the script of the movie.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:11 am

This is what I've written as a reply but he seems to have blocked me. Oh well, his blog, his thing.
"Getting mad at Hollywood for ruining beloved projects is like getting angry at politicians for being corrupt."
Well yeah...of course...YOU WANNA SAY THAT WE SHOULD BE HAPPY ABOUT THAT?! WE SHOULD SUPPORT THE CORRUPTION!???
You just explained it...what you said actually goes in our favor...
"Before you damn us all for being greedy and money hungry you have to understand that this is an industry and hundreds of people make their living from this industry"
And that same hundred of people can btw live from making/adapting THEIR OWN original franchise, and not raping something that millions of people around the world already love the way it is and don't ever want to see it get ruined.
So that is NOT an excuse, not a bit.
Its like saying - "I am criminal...and I live from it...please respect it..." how can I respect that, and you don't have to rob, steal, kill and rape in order to live, there are plenty other jobs in this world...
The SAME thing about this.
"Nobodies giving Dragonball merchandise away for free and anyone who is is breaking the law"
Good point! you just reminded me about that, THAT COULD BE YOUR ONLY TINY PIECE OF EXCUSE BUT I BET YOU DON'T HAVE EVEN THAT!...Please can you give me ANY VALID PROOF that any of the DB license owners ever sold you any rights except those in 2002(which btw were DBZ rights not DB yet they expired in 2004/05 if I remember well?)... Please go ahead...I will really appreciate any proof.
"Imagine spending months and years of your life working on a painting laboring over every detail until you are ready to unveil it before the world. And before you even unveil it someone gets a hold of one of your rough sketches and says. THIS PAINTING IS GONNA SUCK! and no one shows up at the gallery and no one sees that you actually did a decent job...Or that you really did fuck it up!"
Well how about this - imagine being a die hard DB/Z fan whole your life, spending most of your free and even not-free time with the DB/Z. Whatever you do pretty much have something to do with DB...the single day didn't passed that you at least once didn't thought of the DB, every time you need an energy, motivation and inspiration there it is your beloved DB is helping you, remembering all those nice childhood memories while watching DB and meeting new people and friends thanx to DB...and so on and so on...and you live like that most of your life and then someone takes all that RAPE THE HELL OUT OF IT without even asking you anything!!! - How about that? can that your case be compared to this???
And btw your comparison is bad because that picture is just a PICTURE and its not BASED ON SOMETHING therefore its not ruining anything while this BLASPHEMOUS MOVIE IS BASED ON SOMETHING THAT, I REPEAT YET AGAIN, MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ALREADY LOVE THE WAY IT IS AND DON'T WANT TO SEE IT GET RAPED!
"Critics of art risk nothing, artist risk their livelyhoods!"
Artists?!?!!??
well that IS the difference...
Dragon Ball = ART!
Dragon Ball Evolution = BUSINESS!
Sorry if this offends you but I think that its brutally obvious that this what you do contains not a TRACE of art in it...I'd rather call it "the best possible way to turn Japanese culture into hollywood garbage and to attract the widest target audience and with that to earn the biggest possible amount of money, while still holding the title of that franchise just to attract the impure, fake, poser-fans and get even MORE money with that..." = filthy greedy business.
Again I want you to know that I still don't blame YOU personally for everything, and I know that you as well might not feel nice about this all, but I'm never afraid of the challenge to prove you that WE FEEL MUCH WORSE, as well as you are the responsible one for ACCEPTING to work on this title in the first place.
Everybody make mistakes, I FIRST MAKE A LOOOT OF THEM! and we all do! and thats totally ok! but the one who is CONSCIOUSLY doing something wrong even though he gets reminded about it every day by all these boycotts, and still don't regret it(cause OH! he will get 20% more payed for that particular title) is not someone who should be respected. Sorry. You are virtually that same man that raped your Samurais and such...you are not any better than him...remember that...
People need to realize that they have an option of creating a "NEW FOLDER"(new franchise)! they don't need to mess up the content of the already existing folder(franchise) every time they want to make something different! they can simply MAKE A WHOLE NEW SEPARATE THING!

If everybody would do what Fox does, world wouldn't have a history, therefore no future at all.
All in all if you regret this all a bit, then I guess you are not some classic hollywood greedy script writer. However if you are one of those who "don't give a crap" about people's childhoods and think that it all is just silly, then I wish this same kind of pain gets you just a bit, just for a second so that you can realize how we feel all this time.
And I would understand if you don't read my messages anymore, I perfectly understand that you might have much more important things to do rather then answering the messages of the pissed fans, but I just couldn't help it, I wanted to reply, so do with it whatever yo want, read it, erase it, ignore it. Your blog your thing.

Thank you for reading, and I hope this all kinda help you realize it all, and I hope you refuse the sequels

Last edited by VEGETA_DTX on Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:54 am; edited 7 times in total
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:22 am

Do you need to make a MySpace account to place a comment?

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:26 am

Yes.
I just fix errors in my post and then I am gonna post it there.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:35 am

In the end the truth shines.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:49 am

I so hope its like that! I so hope the justice will balance it all with the time...
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Ben Ramsey Responds to Someone Telling Him Off - Page 2 Empty Ben Ramsey Responds to VegetaDTX

Post by Son Goku Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:51 pm

My response.

Dear Vegeta: I understand your disappointment with Dragonball Evolution. I've been there myself. As a child I worshipped Bruce Lee like a god. When they made "Dragon The Bruce Lee Story." I was PISSED! I thought it was cast wrong they messed up his fighting style and they took liberties that I didn't like. Did I feel like my childhood was RAPED? NO! I went home put on Enter the Dragon and I was happy once again. How could I let a bad movie destroy a childhood icon. How could I let Hollywood have that much power on my happiness?

Like I explained earlier, as a creative person, taking your lumps from fans goes with the turf. It's what you sign up for when you decide to do this work for a living. What I don't understand is the exhaustive amount of time that you are dedicating to something that you hate! It's pretty much an easy fix. Don't see the movie and your problems are over. Dragonball Evolution changes nothing about the original series at all. You can always watch the original and ignore the movie. If the movie is as bad as you all believe it's gonna be then it's gonna flop! No sequel will be made and your problems are over. If Coke comes out with a new flavor that you hate are you gonna keep sipping on it and complaining or get yourself the old coke that you love.

Here's my big problem with your email. You're slinging around dramatic words like RAPING YOUR CHILDHOOD and that fuckin' offends me! (excuse my language) Before you start talking about your childhood being raped I would suggest you spend some time around people who've had their childhoods RAPED by real world things like drugs, sexual abuse, violence and alcoholism. I grew up in a neighborhood of children RAPED by many numbers of traumatic things the least of them being that their favorite TV show being turned into a movie that they hated. I have a friend whose daughter is growing up without a father because he caught a stray bullet on his way home from work and you're talking about your childhood being RAPED?

2nd, before you start calling people involved greedy and exploitive and evil remember the rights to Dragonball were SOLD to Hollywood. Hollywood didn't steal the property from its creators. Dragonball, Dragonball Z, and Dragonball GT is a multimillion dollar franchise. Hundreds of people make their livings and take care of their families from the proceeds. Just as Hollywood is an industry that employs hundreds of people who are in the business of making movies. Contrary to popular belief most of us are middle class not rich! So most of that WRETCHED MONEY you're talking about goes toward people taking care of their families.

Nobody sets out to make a movie saying "Let's screw the fans". We set out to make a movie saying "I hope the fans like this." Sometimes we get it right and sometimes we get it wrong but we're the ones who take all the risk. We risk reputation and livelihood.

I'm sorry that real life isn't like Dragonball and goodness and righteousness and honesty don’t always triumph over evil. I'm sorry that movies don't always work out the way we want them to. But dude, are you gonna let a bunch of people in Hollywood have that much power over your happiness?

On a side note: Movies, television and manga’s should not be your life. They should be a part of your life. Your life should be what YOU create not what other’s create for you or you.

Good luck in all your endeavors Vegeta.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.viewcustom&friendId=29846783&blogId=474747938&swapped=true

Last edited by Son Goku on Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://blogs.ign.com/I_LIKE_TURTLES

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:52 pm

I can't edit my post right now because my stupid keyboard is stuck with the right arrow scrolling, so I'll just say that the previous post is from Ben Ramsey to VegetaDTX.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://blogs.ign.com/I_LIKE_TURTLES

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:10 am

On a side note: Movies, television and manga’s should not be your life. They should be a part of your life. Your life should be what YOU create not what other’s create for you or you.

Think outside the box mayate.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:46 am

Did he really respond like that to DTX.
What a bastard.

Still, you should be carefull what you write in emails to people that are not a part of this forum. One has to assume, that unleas they "get it", words like "raped childhood" are going to sound stupid. We habe to get a grip when we write to be serious.
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2