Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Hello Everyone! EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Hello Everyone! EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Hello Everyone! EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Hello Everyone! EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Hello Everyone! EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Hello Everyone! EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Hello Everyone! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Hello Everyone! EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Hello Everyone! EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Hello Everyone! EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Hello Everyone! EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Hello Everyone! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Hello Everyone! EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Hello Everyone! EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Hello Everyone! EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Hello Everyone! EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Hello Everyone! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Hello Everyone! EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Hello Everyone! EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Hello Everyone! EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Hello Everyone!

+5
Jessica Raine
VEGETA_DTX
justinlynch3
ningen
Sidepocket
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hello Everyone! Empty Hello Everyone!

Post by Sidepocket Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:45 am

A little about myself.

I have been against this racist and bad adaption of the Dragon Ball Evolution movie from day one. I saw this film for free on cable way later and yea, it was pure torture.

Also, I am against the upcoming The Last Airbender film, the upcoming Akira adaption, the King of Fighters movie and and Prince of Persia film.

I also am one of the core members of a group called Racebending.com

Now, I heard there was some sort of tussle between the YouTube pages of both groups. I have no idea how the hell it happened but I figured that lets bygones be bygones and start on a new foot, eh?

I was reading comments on the page and one guy there made it sound like the entire DBE Protest community is against our group, when I was surprised to see only like one or two people are. You also might be surprised to learn that many of the signatures on your petitions are Racebending.com members and were a major factor of the DBE movie tanking.

So I have no idea why both groups would whine about each other. Look, we both hate the same thing: Bad Ruined Adaptions. And looking at the leaked script form TLA, the early screening reviews slamming it and the show bible that was brought to the group, that they took out all the Chinese writing and replaced it with a gibberish language...we KNOW its going to be really bad, never MIND all the racial stuff. In fact, the racial stuff shows that they are not going to even care about the other crap besides some superficial stuff like certain iconic scenes. Hell, Batman & Robin looked similar to their counterparts and also had scenes from the comic books....did not make that a good adaption. Or a good movie PERIOD!

Anyhow, if anyone has any questions about Racebending.com or any of the other stuff I do/hate you can send me a PM. I like to be very civil, I hate bullies and your form rules really stick out to me. Seeing on how well the other form members seem to have fun and real discussion, I hope to get the same thing.

In short, FUCK DBE! Fuck TLA! And I am glad to join this forum! Very Happy

Sidepocket
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

http://www.racebending.com

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone! Empty Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by ningen Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:54 am

Haha, welcome aboard m8!
I'll be honest, this is actually the first time I hear about your group. I wasn't aware you had any problems with some of the members of our community. I find it hard to believe 'cause people here are generally polite and supportive. We have a strict rule about jerks. We're thankful to anyone who contributed to the tanking of DBE, and, of course to those who protest against similar terrible adaptations.
I'm against all the movies you mentioned. I don't know much about Avatar, so I avoid discussing that adaptation. All I know is that a friend of mine is worried about how will it turn out and as you can see a lot of people here share such concern.
Unfortunately, there are many more that are planed for screening...Ninja Scroll, Battle Angel Alita, etc.
We had a very good discussion about that whole racial problem here. Of course, we can't all agree on everything, but that is not a problem as long as we all have the same goal. And that is to fight against terrible adaptations.
Have fun. Smile
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Hello Everyone! Left_bar_bleue100/100Hello Everyone! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:33 am

Welcome to the forum.

Hope you enjoy yourself here.
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://thestoryuniverse.motion-forum.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:21 am

Hello there sidepocket! thank you very much for joining us Smile I think ningen said it all, so I won't repeat it again.

I am glad you came here to see that we have no problems with your site, whatsoever we fully support you of course. Like you said, we share similar concerns and interests so we should be brother sites Wink

Thanks again and I hope you'll enjoy your stay Smile
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidepocket Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:10 am

Thanks guys and gals!

And yea the addaption is pretty terrible. You know it's going to be (example coming up here) when they cannot get the characters names right half the time. Aaan is called Ong and the Avatar is the Adhuta. WTF? Didn't the show do the pronunciation of the names correctly already? At least in DBE for the pile of lye it was never said Goku as "Guuu-ki". I think. Mad

Sidepocket
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:49 am

lol true.
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://thestoryuniverse.motion-forum.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:57 am

welcome!
I hope we can do something about both travesties...
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://jessicaraine.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidepocket Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:30 pm

Ok seriously, the inflammatory comments on "copying the DBE movement money pyramid scheme" on YouTube really need to stop. It's only making the DBE group sadder on the whole, kind of like when we have to publicly state that people who are like "FUCK YOU AVATAR IS RACIST YOUR MOTHER BLA BLA" are not members of Racebending.com Mad

Can someone from the DBE side seriously make a public statement on there to calm the hell down, that there "is no war" and that the majority of DBE people are on our side and vice versa? Evil or Very Mad

Sidepocket
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:02 pm

Welcome to the war. We must not let greedy film makers get our money for something that doesn't even seems like the actual product.

Also, not only is movie Aang not asian, but also he seems more depressed than me when real toon Aang was cheerful.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidepocket Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:45 pm

Oh yea like I said, there is a bunch of script changes that make no sense. All the humor is sucked out, they don't write in Chinese, Suki only has a cameo and they removed all the hardcore warrior aspects out of it, it's more Western Spiritual than Eastern Spiritual, ect.

And the acting sucks big time. Mad

Sidepocket
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:48 am

Sidepocket wrote:Ok seriously, the inflammatory comments on "copying the DBE movement money pyramid scheme" on YouTube really need to stop. It's only making the DBE group sadder on the whole, kind of like when we have to publicly state that people who are like "FUCK YOU AVATAR IS RACIST YOUR MOTHER BLA BLA" are not members of Racebending.com Mad

Can someone from the DBE side seriously make a public statement on there to calm the hell down, that there "is no war" and that the majority of DBE people are on our side and vice versa? Evil or Very Mad
Erm...we can't stop the idiots\trolls from writing such stuff. They are not our members. Just delete their comments.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidepocket Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:13 am

Oh don't worry, I blocked the ones who just would not stop. But here is a hint...the main guy is a mod around here. Sad

Anyhow, I think it's mostly resolve (aka lots of bans) so now all we have to worry about is going to Wondercon. Razz

Sidepocket
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:29 am

Can you please post a link for that page? I want to see for myself, so we could perhaps clear the problem.
I mean- "DBE movement money pyramid scheme"?! ROFL
WTF, that makes no sense. XD
Tlaloc wrote:
Also, not only is movie Aang not asian, but also he seems more depressed than me when real toon Aang was cheerful.
Haha, I remember hearing the same thing from my friend. He says that it seems that at least the kid is familiar with kung fu...but they failed on the appearance.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:05 am

Sidepocket wrote:Oh don't worry, I blocked the ones who just would not stop. But here is a hint...the main guy is a mod around here. Sad

Please don't say it is me, I haven't been in your forum. I can only think you refer to Sephiroth.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:41 am

^ Nah...I don't believe it's him, besides he's not connected with us anymore.
One nick comes to my mind, but if that's the case I would be seriously disappointed. And if that's not the right person I have no idea who it is.
Also, there's no need for hints Sidepocket (as you can see there are a lot of mods here, so it's not helping much), just say who it is so we can deal with it.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:13 am

Hello and welcome! Razz
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidepocket Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:14 pm

Ok fine, I like to be polite so I don't point out names but it was lol1991 (he linked to the YouTube channel so I'm assuming that it was him):

Now apparently, the comment that started all of this came from a mod on our channel trying to answer the question that if we were "copying" your movement. We have since dealt with that mod BTW:

We are actually not copying the DBE movement. In fact, we found out about them a year later and have been our allies ever since. Also, if you have found the reviews of the test screening of the movie, not only is it a terrible film but they changed so many things about the plot and the characters that they are barely recognizable.

For which then your moderator came out and said:

Bull. We've been ticked at you fools for a while now. We kinda ARE the DBE movement, man.

As well as other inflammatory comments that I will not list here out of the act of decency. For which then the same mod from our side responded:

I do not trust that you are the DBE movement but if you are not...no wonder why you guys did not succeed at it when you are as immature as you are responding right now.

Also, technically DBE followed the plot of the DB franchise too. They followed the basics of it, much like how you can summaries LOTR with three sentences. However, just like with DBE, they gutted out all the details of the characters and the plot, destroying their significance. Both race and logic.

Even though we scolded the mod, I think that the sentence was lost in translation. What he was trying to say is that the protest did not go as far as it did because certain members of the protest movement were flaming people, calling people names and creating slander YouTube videos.

And then the shit hit the fan.

Now apparently he is rallying a few of your people to fight against my people to start some sort of flame war that would waste both of our time and resources. Hence why I am calling this silly fight to stop, hell I even came in as the channel and apologized not just for those people on DBE but to ANYONE who our members may have inadvertently offended since the channel was created.

Sidepocket
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:58 pm

That's what I feared.
Well, I have no idea from where he (if that is indeed our lol'91) got such ridiculous idea that you were "copying" our movement. I don't even want to comment it. The same goes for "we've been watching you...we are this and we are that..." statement. The only one that can perhaps represent us all here is DTX. Anyone else who claims that he's\she's representing our community is talking trash and hiding his\hers own individual opinion behind a group (to which they may, or they may not be even connected).
Of course, I also can't agree with some of the statements (about how we as a community are being immature, and the one about how DBE followed the plot of the DB franchise- he basically contradicted himself later on) your mod said. But that's irrelevant.
Now, I don't know from where you got the idea that he's rallying some of our members to start a flame war. There never was such topic here and as you can see there isn't one now, nor will there be one in the future. As you can see as long as anyone put in some good arguments against certain adaptations they will have our full support.
So I hope that we cleared that one up. Very Happy
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:06 pm

You better just GTFO!

I've read 3 comments by you and I already feel the urge to apply the permanent B&hammer!

Listen to me, I only linked krillinfans video to the Avatar Lam discussion because it was relevant (and it wasn't even that one, it was another one, he has on his own channel)

Why? Because the DBE movement aside, he was making valid points about the Avatar LAM.

So, that said, I do not take kindly to accusations without links as proof

Also, you've already done 3 things that I could ban you for in a less lax forum, so watch your step
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:15 pm

^ Lol, what's with you dude? I don't see one good reason why should we ban this guy. Take you personal grudges out of this place, or I'll have to talk to DTX about this issue.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:18 pm

Oh great, now your taking sides?

Seriously, this guy came in here and accused me of starting shit, plus he's in that other Avatar LAM topic throwing out is racism hate speech against the movie, saying all that shit he's saying without providing a single bit of evidence other

"We read this, we saw that"

No links, no actual physical or data proof, just the words of some guy on the internet
And then he acts like the people that defend this movie are racist assholes

It annoys me, because he's obviously either a troll, a self righteous person, or just plain underage

PS: Oh and I wouldn't call DTX. His word in this is as bias as mine or yours, seeing as he was one of the founders of the DBE movement
I have no idea how he feels about the racebending thing
I for one don't feel they're ripped us off, but they have commercialized the movement and that was dumb, and our name getting called up was annoying, but we never once attempted to commercialize anything
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:24 pm

^ I'm not taking sides, I'm just doing my job as a mod and it seems to me that you clearly can't be objective in this case. I'm going to bed, even though I don't know much about that whole Avatar thing, I'm gonna check that topic tomorrow. Anyone who stepped out of the line will get warned, edited...So please try not to start some shit. We'll talk more about this tomorrow.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidepocket Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:32 pm

Yes, visiting here we did. We dealt with our mod who is no longer modding our YouTube page but that the problem was we had no refrence to any other place besides the YouTube page for the DBE protest.

So when the guy said that we are the movement and that (which he proved) he is the mod for the YouTube community and in his videos and messages he is getting other YouTube DBE protesters to protest our group...well you can see how our group jumped to conclusions.

Hence why I did my research and found this page and was glad to know that the DBE YouTube and the guy who mods it are not you guys. It really cleared things up that what we are dealing with are trolls, but IMO I think in the same way we issued an apology on our YouTube it would be fair if one was issued on there to avoid any confusion that our two groups are fighting with each other.

I also think that when our mod (in the most ass way possible) was trying to argue about how DBE followed the plot of Dragon Ball I think that he was trying to say that you cannot argue that a franchise follows a plot or design if that way they are following is superficial. Like, for example, in DBE Goku is an alien that was adopted by an Asian man and was trained in insane-o martial arts, there is the Kamahamaha, Master Roshi trains Goku and is Asian, Bulma is the useless gun girl with a capsel Corp mortorcycle, Piccolo is green and is the villian, there is high flying crazy martial arts, Yamcha and the Dragon Balls.

So to the untrained eye (or ignorant people) you could make the argument that DBE follows the plot and style of Dragon Ball. However, that argument would be wrong since its an oversimplification of what Dragon Ball actually is and it leaves out a ton of details that makes Dragon Ball what it is.

And that is how we feel is the same for M. Nights The Last Airbender. The only way it is similar are the names and very broad generalizations, just like Batman & Robin, Terminator 3 and Godzilla 1998.

Again, our mod said it poorly and he has been dealt with. We hope that these sorts of things will never happen again but we feel like we have done our part to stop them so I hope that these rouge people will stop too. bounce

Sidepocket
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:36 pm

Yeah yeah yeah
I've calmed down
I wont change my posts if you need them as proof, I've said multiple times I have no problem with taking responsibility for the shit I start

But I still want him to apologize to me for the accusations

PS: To the post made induring my posting

Yeah, but the fact is, that your saying there's no similarity...but I've yet to see the divergence in the trailers
You said you saw screenplays and read a leaked scripted...links if you would in the proper thread that is, that is all I am fundamentally asking for
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidepocket Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:36 pm

lol1991 wrote:Oh great, now your taking sides?

Seriously, this guy came in here and accused me of starting shit, plus he's in that other Avatar LAM topic throwing out is racism hate speech against the movie, saying all that shit he's saying without providing a single bit of evidence other

"We read this, we saw that"

No links, no actual physical or data proof, just the words of some guy on the internet
And then he acts like the people that defend this movie are racist assholes

It annoys me, because he's obviously either a troll, a self righteous person, or just plain underage

PS: Oh and I wouldn't call DTX. His word in this is as bias as mine or yours, seeing as he was one of the founders of the DBE movement
I have no idea how he feels about the racebending thing
I for one don't feel they're ripped us off, but they have commercialized the movement and that was dumb, and our name getting called up was annoying, but we never once attempted to commercialize anything

We never commercialized this movement. I can easily tell you where the money goes and let me give you a hit...we are poor as hell and have never seen six figures in our lives.

Also, I feel like I don't have to bring up all the external links to script leaks, show bibles, external reviews and proof because we already spent two years of doing that on our website. Neutral

Sidepocket
Kid Saiyan
Kid Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum