Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Oh Square Enix... what have you done...?

+2
lol1991
Nikku
6 posters

Go down

Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? Empty Oh Square Enix... what have you done...?

Post by Nikku Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:54 pm

Why is Leona Lewis singing the theme for Final Fantasy XIII!?

Japanese things (especially the FF series) don't need things like this; pointless Western marketing ploys. My ears are gonna hurt when her song comes on... if I even get the game that is... Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? Left_bar_bleue100/100Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? Empty Re: Oh Square Enix... what have you done...?

Post by lol1991 Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:33 pm

wait...what theme?
As in, the franchise theme?
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? Left_bar_bleue100/100Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Oh Square Enix... what have you done...? Empty Re: Oh Square Enix... what have you done...?

Post by Nikku Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:19 pm

lol1991 wrote:wait...what theme?
As in, the franchise theme?

The main theme song of Final Fantasy XIII. The thing that puzzles me though, is that there was already an original theme in the Japanese version. Why didn't they just keep it? Why omit it completely and have that talentless hussy ruining the game with her vocals? All the other FF's kept the main theme for their English versions, why not this one? And all Final Fantasy games have completely original scores, why the sudden "Oh lets just erase the Japanese theme and get a Leona Lewis song instead!" ??

In a recent interview with Leona, she reminded me of the Dragonball Evolution cast and crew talking about Dragonball. Look at this video of her pretending to play and enjoy the game;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFa1iD0lIBs

"Amaaaazing... I just wanted to run around the land all day...!"

Wow.

And at the end, you can practically see her reading que cards off camera. You know that that is the first and last time she'll even look at the game.
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Raine Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:57 pm

wtf thats dumb
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://jessicaraine.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Her voice isn't bad...it's just a generic way to use it (music style sucks brah)

And the game sucks anyway, deserves an equally shitty song. Fuck Squenix
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Totally agree. But my guess is that they made the new game more suited for western audiences, considering the design of one of the guys. Also correct me if I am wrong, but is the main character this time a girl? Because if she is the one I see all the time, she really doesn't look nice.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:23 am

Yup, she's called Lightning and Square Enix said in an interview that they just made a female Cloud Strife for the main character.

And I still can't get over how much this feels like bad 4Kids dubbing or DBE trying to Americanise the source material. I know its just the theme song but still, its wrong.
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:26 am

It's meh

Square Enix has gone down the drain since Square's old director left
What they did with X-2 was an insult to every self respecting FF fan.

I lost my respect for Squenix long ago
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Knight Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:33 pm

damn i hate her i liked her one song bleeeding love but that sucks
Vampire Knight
Vampire Knight
Super Saiyan!
Super Saiyan!

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Venus Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:33 pm

She has a nice voice, just i dont like how she uses it. I did notice the characters were more Americanized. O_o that was kinda weird cuz i thot the whole idea was to make everybody look more fantasy-ish. And ur right Tlo; it doesnt look like Lightning ever smiles. tongue i wonder if they call her Relampago in the spanish version...
Venus
Venus
Super Saiyan!
Super Saiyan!

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum