Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
1st Q&A session - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

1st Q&A session

+9
Presvi
secor
4Neodemon
ningen
sonaditya
Tlaloc
lol1991
Ha!
VEGETA_DTX
13 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

1st Q&A session - Page 3 Empty Re: 1st Q&A session

Post by Fuckthes Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:49 am

When I saw Dragonball Evolution on youtube I thought it would be a great movie.
I never missed an episode of DB when i was a kid.
then I saw the ads. the first thing that pissed me off was
"Goku was an ordinary boy"
does it even mention the words sayjin in the movie?
then I noticed Goku had no freakin tail.
so I went on the internet to look for more information on the movie.
I found the story line it said that 2 gods Picillo and Oozaru destroyed the earth 2000 years ago.
this made me even more angry. And then I found out grandpa gohan is still alive in the movie.
they changed everything! the only thing thats the same is the names
and being that goku was an ordinary boy wont that change the entire dragon ball Z movies (If there is any)
If goku is ordinary than Raditz cant be his brother and Vegeta and that bald cracker will have no reason to go to earth (The reason being that Kakarot was sent there to destroy it and never did)

this movie destroyed all the knowledge I have of the dragonball series and continues to molest my inner child.
FUCK YOU HOLLYWOOD

Fuckthes

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:03 am

Well, they do mention Saiyans in the movie, but very loosely. Also, Piccolo and Oozaru werent gods, but who gives a shit, they still suck.
Finnaly, Vegeta, Nappa and Raditz wont come to Earth because there wont be a sequel. Don't worry XD.
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
1st Q&A session - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100/1001st Q&A session - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by 4Neodemon Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:07 pm

lol1991 wrote:Well, they do mention Saiyans in the movie, but very loosely. Also, Piccolo and Oozaru werent gods, but who gives a shit, they still suck.
Finnaly, Vegeta, Nappa and Raditz wont come to Earth because there wont be a sequel. Don't worry XD.

They do not make any mention to the sayans... only the Oozarus!!! If picoolo knows everything about Goku's past (and can control him), its weird he do not tell to Goku that he belong to the sayans race!! The word sayan is not mentioned (at least in the bootleg version is in that way)
4Neodemon
4Neodemon
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
1st Q&A session - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100/1001st Q&A session - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:32 pm

Great replies my brothers Smile very nice!!!

Fuckthes, welcome, thank you for participating and thank you for supporting us! Smile

@supporters
Like I said many times...people don't understand that wishing for DB to "live forever" will actually KILL IT, if you wish it to live forever than DON'T CHANGE IT leave it the way it is and it will always live in our hearts the way it was.
If you wish DB/Z to always have some new sequels and some new stuff...you automatically wish for the risk of spoiling it...AND THAT'S why I personally many times said "gosh people dont know when to stop, I just wish DB/Z die and rest in peace so nobody touch it and torture it anymore".

Every sequel and every new thing carries the possibility of spoiling or even totally ruining of that franchise...
YES I understand that many fans want some new episodes or special or such, I also SOMETIMES BADLY want it, BUT within the certain limits...such as involving the original creators, made in the spirit and world in which it always was presented and so on...but constantly wanting something new without caring that it actually may turn out bad is quite wrong.

As old wise people here say: "Ko trazi vece izgubi iz vrece" Wink
I dont know which english proverb could correspond to this one(since its origins are from here I doubt it have corresponding proverb at all) but it metaphorically means:
"Who seeks bigger/more from what he already have, loses that what he already had"
And the literal translation is: "Who seeks bigger, loses from the bag" Very Happy
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ashura25 Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:29 am

okay, so i went and saw the movie.
i actually thought it was OKAY.
I saw it with a couple of friends, but that led to some annoyances because of the many differences
Friend:"oh, so THAT'S why he turns into a monkey"
Me:"NO."
So I am with you on one side, that people who don't know much about DB/Z will have many misconceptions about the series.
BUT!
I am not against the film.
I went, assuming it would be bad, but hoping it would somehow have SOME good in it.
people like 'Fuckthes' who say, oh 'he's just an ordinary boy' and 'they didn't even mention saiyans' obviously haven't read or seen dragonball, which this movie is based on. For most of this series, if not all of it, he assumed he was just a human, or at least, didn't even know of the saiyans.
Grandpa Gohan being alive has no reason to be a bad thing, there was no reason he was needed, but it didn't make it bad.
I hope they do make a sequel about DBZ because all the people who assumed that was what THIS was, will see they were wrong.
VEGETA_DTX, your opinion is valid, but you have to be open-minded.
It's a Dragonball movie, a live action one. Sure, it's not going to be as great as the anime or manga, but it's a movie about dragonball. That was the reason I saw it, and almost liked it, because I am a fan of the series and it was just great to see a movie in my local theatre about it.
Thank-you.

ashura25

Back to top Go down

Post by ashura25 Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:45 am

sorry, but someone point out the badness of the special effects, in the final version, that is...

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST.

ashura25

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:05 am

Welcome ashura25! thank you for participating!

Here is my reply:
'he's just an ordinary boy'
Yes it was an ordinary boy who just wanted to learn to be normal and teach how to approach to the girls and to steal girlfriend(Chi Chi) from Carry Fuller :S?

Goku is an inspired little Saiyan who's always cheerful, who in fact doesn't want to be an ordinary kid, he wants to be stronger, he's all go-getter, kind and pure-hearted, always willing to help to anybody and always ready for the new adventures...
He is the essence of PURE GOOD, not the essence of some classic teenage hollywood MTV materialistic generation of kids...

NONE OF THOSE is Justin Chatwin, his role, nor anything about this movie...BUT EVEN OPPOSITE...its clear as a day.

VEGETA_DTX, your opinion is valid, but you have to be open-minded.
Look there are two basic levels of being open minded:

1.Being fully open minded and accepting everything THAT DO NOT contradict to your principles, to what you preach and to your healthy feel of whats RIGHT and whats WRONG.

2.Being open minded just for the damn of being called "an open minded person" and not really for being open minded.
Going beyond such limits of being open minded, to even contradict your OWN principles and feel of whats right/wrong and with that even becoming CLOSE MINDED and blinded by your own desire to be someone "OPEN MINDED".

You have to understand that its cause of THAT fake "open minded" hype that narco's exist, cause it all started like "but how do you know its bad if you didn't even try it?"...its cause of sentences like those that people destroy their lives with drugs and all the disgusting temptations of today...its cause of those things that people destroy not only their lives but also lives of the millions of other people around the world.
Until you realize that YOU who think that way are actually the ones who are close minded, this world wont get any better...no offense and nothing personal to you, but it is that way.

You have to realize that healthy mind and simple logic says that:
-YOU JUST CANT SUPPORT killers and charity in the same time.
-You just cant support thieves and honest and good people in the same time.
-You just CANNOT support something that not only blatantly insults DB but its even opposite of it and with that perfectly contradicts to its original source and insults it ultimately.

It makes me so sad and angry to see that term FAN today is something completely distorted.
It is supposed to be a second word for LOVING SOMETHING TRULY, FOR WHAT IT IS! AND THE WAY IT IS!

-NOT BEING FAN OF ITS TITLE ONLY!
-NOT BEING A FAN OF IT JUST CAUSE EVERYBODY IN YOUR CLASS WATCH IT!
-NOT BEING A FAN OF IT JUST FOR THE DAMN OF BEING FAN OF SOMETHING!

Its all impure and a consequence of today's spoiled, distorted mentality...and it all perfectly contradicts to what DB preaches.

And that's why I will NEVER consider anyone of you who support DBE as a DB fan AT ALL. Sorry.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

1st Q&A session - Page 3 Empty hmm......

Post by ssj4goge Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:42 pm

im wondering. i heard they had a deal for three movies. if the first movie ends with piccolo dying, wtf are the other movies going to be about? seeing how piccolo was in most of dbz and had a small part in dbgt. what they should have done was started off with red ribbon army or emperor pilaf

ssj4goge

Back to top Go down

Post by Chulance Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Hey SSJ4 goge! Very Happy They do have a deal but were trying to stop the sequels so we can save America. See, another problem with DBE! No one should support this evil movie!
Chulance
Chulance
Supreme ruler of DBZ
Supreme ruler of DBZ

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://www.youtube.com/user/chulance

Back to top Go down

1st Q&A session - Page 3 Empty also

Post by ssj4goge Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:45 pm

this movie was pretty bad. as a die hard fan, i know that there is no way in hell that this movie will ever be good unless they take a different approach. imo, i think they should have the film in that live-action anime thing like on a scanner darkly. that way they can accomplish the right hair for the characters, they can get the ki and powering up right, and they can show them destroying the ground like they always do during fight scenes. they also should rly get a director that is a fan of the series, and not just some random guy

ssj4goge

Back to top Go down

1st Q&A session - Page 3 Empty My problem with the movie

Post by KomotoDr Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:23 am

I didnt see it brought up any where so i figured id post one of my biggest problems with this movie.

My biggest problem with this movies isnt the story line (even tho Goku shouyld be a kid) but thats besides the point my problem with this is that Krillin was completely cut from this movie. how can you cutr Gokus Best friend out. i mean if i am not mistaken he is the one who cuts vegetas (mind the spelling) tail off when he turns into a giant ape. Krillin I one of the most important people in the DB and DBZ series He should be included

KomotoDr

Back to top Go down

Post by Ha! Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:17 pm

Come to our side Dr.
Ha!
Ha!
Gray hair dude
Gray hair dude

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:16 am

^Yeees come to our sideee we have COOOKIEEES Smile

Jokes aside, well I don't think you can pass that easily over other let downs and mistakes...Whole movie is one WRONG act and if it keeps continuing DB that we all have known and loved for years and know and love today is gonna turn into some hollywood clitche teenage highschool garbage that will make you ashamed to say "I am DB fan" cause that day DB will mean something completely else whatsoever OPPOSITE of what real DB used to mean.

So, fine if its your opinion I am just strongly suggesting you to not support this movie, even if they put Krillin in it cause they're gonna rape him just as they raped every character.

@ssj4goge, definitely join us(register and sign petition please) I see you are actually with us Very Happy?

Anyways thank you both for participating and for sharing your opinion!
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

1st Q&A session - Page 3 Empty chance

Post by WOLFFANg Sat May 02, 2009 1:01 pm

hey dude wazzap
i was also sort of pissed of with this movie
but dont you think that it may be better to give fox a chance to make a sequel?
cause we dont know if there will be another chance for dragonball to become a live action

and this site could be very helpfull so they can see that we didnt like the film and by putting some advice right here they can see how the movie should be made
and so they will improve that in the sequel
what do you think buddy?

WOLFFANg

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Sun May 03, 2009 11:09 am

Hey, hello WOLFFANg thanx for participating!

cause we dont know if there will be another chance for dragonball to become a live action
1.I said this million times and I will always repeat it - not all people wanted Dragon Ball to become live action, in fact many fans didn't like the idea(including me of course).
So its ok, I respect your opinion, but its just kinda bit selfish to jump right on to it and say "cause we dont know if there will be another chance for dragonball to become a live action" like assuming that all people in this world would like to see a live action version of things they are fans of or at least sympathize...
But its ok.

2.No we can't do that sorry, there is no theoretical chance for us to ever support sequels nor anything about this blasphemy DBE.
You have to realize that we are community of people that are horrified and insulted by DBE and that it goes without saying that we will protest its sequels and anything that DBE spawns...
As for you, fine, your opinion like I said...but knowing that you were pissed off by DBE makes me wonder why on earth would you like to see the sequels of something that you dislike? and of something that directly contradicts to everything DB stands for and rapes it on so many ways...

Thanx! looking forward to your reply.

Last edited by VEGETA_DTX on Sun May 03, 2009 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sun May 03, 2009 4:42 pm

WOLFFANg wrote:hey dude wazzap

and this site could be very helpfull so they can see that we didnt like the film and by putting some advice right here they can see how the movie should be made
and so they will improve that in the sequel
what do you think buddy?

I don't agree with you there. See Fox will forever ruin it. So I don't want to see anything else from them. Get another company, and we may have some patience. They will screw up the sequel as well, and then we get LAM Vegeta...which is a personal nightmare of mine.
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Mon May 04, 2009 5:06 am

^Respect, nicely said.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

1st Q&A session - Page 3 Empty I have a question.

Post by Requiem Mon May 11, 2009 11:16 pm

I've seen the movie three times now and while it was not a good movie at all, I was entertained. I smiled through the whole movie and you know what? I accepted it. Why? Well, Fox sucks balls. They screw up every well known franchise, I knew that this movie was going to be LOADS different from the original Manga/Anime, I accepted that and really, I just view Evolution as a new take on Dragonball, a new vision using some of the same themes of the original.

You can't blame the actors, what's with this "Chatfail" shit? That's childish! You can slightly blame James Wong (because the acting isn't the best) but the real blame should just be put on the Fox suits.

So much hate has been put on this movie because of the change from the original Manga/Anime. I honestly don't care, I like seeing new altercations and versions of old media that I've seen tons of times now. Sure it'd be neat to see Dragonball completely transferred but then there wouldn't be any surprises.

Also, the "WHY DOES ROSHI'S KAMEHAMEHA HEAL GOKU!?" thing is just stupid to bitch about. Why? Evolution is a new continuity. Like it or not. To make a final point, do you guys seriously believe in "true" and "fake" fans? Like, really, that's bullshit. There are only two types of fans which are:

• Fans
  • Fanatics

Fans, simply enjoy the media/group/person. Fanatics collect everything that is part of the media/group/person and put blood and tears into everything related to that thing. But you know what? Neither are "more" of a fan than the other, just one does more things than the other. Big difference. One of the reasons you get this stupid "Dragonball Evolution Supporters Hate" is because some of the stupider "Haters" keep using "true" and "fake" fans as an insult, it's just childish. Everyone is a fan if they like it, you're discouraging people who like the anime/manga because they like this movie, which is stupid, it's the same as if someone liked Dragonball GT.

Sure you may not want kids to be exposed to this before the original Dragonball stuff, but it's the same as letting your kids watch the new Star Trek trilogy over the original, it's frickin opinion. I'm sure you intelligent guys know that here.

I enjoyed watching this movie, even though it wasn't "Dragonball" it was it's own, it had it's own charm, humor, continuity, etc.

Thanks for reading and replying with dignity and maturity.

Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku lamenting from the a Tue May 12, 2009 2:16 am

Dude, man you are wrong, with all respect and maturity and all that, im sorry.

Ok you liked the movie, ok kudos for you thats your thing, enjoy.

But it is NOT dragonball, it WONT EVER be Dragonball.

They say "its an alternate dragonball for another dimension" yes an alternate dimension where dragonball is shit, a dimension i dont wanna live in.

I mean i like B-movies, stupid movies once in a while, and i admit, if it wasn´t called dragonball and the characters had different names, i may have enjoyed it as a movie to watch while stoned or drunk, but everytime they called this actor, (i resist the need to insult him) Goku i threw up a little bit in my mouth.

And i cannot reconsile the idea of a fan of anything, accepting what they like being insulted and disgraced like this, i can´t, and it doesn´t happen with the other adaptations, as much as ppl criticize the X-Men movies, or Spider Movie, they at least respected the characters somehow.

Here they didn´t, one thing is to make concesions for characters and story passed to another media, by a different author, hey im all for that, but it should at least resemble the original, keep the essece.

Here they dont even as much as glanced at a manga, is compleatly changed, is worst than Shuemaker Batman with nipples, and that was bad.

This is as if superman was a gay guy who was raised in Pakistan, and whore a green suit and instead of flying rode a car, and healed people with his eye rays, it is like this.

Tell me if any self respecting superman fan, if anybody who even know or has seen superman before, could possibly defend this movie?

If he was called Supermack, i would enjoy this movie, if this movie was called brainac vs wheremonkey, no problem.

But superman deserves respect, so does Goku and so does any work of fiction that is valuable to someone.

And someone who does not respect something cannot love it, therefore cannot be a fan.

That is all, have a good day

Goku lamenting from the a
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Tue May 12, 2009 2:18 am

^Very good, I will just like to clarify some things.
Well, it's like this.
I haven't seen this movie, nor do I plan to see it in a while. (Right now I can't afford to waste my time and my nerves.) I totally understand that there are some people that will be entertained by this movie, but I, like the millions of others, am not in that group. Accept this movie? As a part of what? As a new take on Dragon Ball, a new vision using some of the same themes of the original? I totally understand that there are some people that can do that. But I, like the millions of others, am not in that group of people. I am a (true) fan of DB(even though I hate to say it, but it can't be avoided in conversations like this one), a person that sees nothing that can be related to the source material. To us DBE is not even an adaptation.
I can blame the actors, and I have every right to call one actor- "Chatfail".
I don't see how is that childish. If somebody is acting poorly I will say it. If somebody shouldn't be playing a certain character I will say it. But do I mainly blame the company for that- yes.
I understand that there are people that don't care about the changes. But, us, the DB fans do care, and you'll have to accept that, I'm sure that won't be much of a problem for you. When those "alterations" move so far from the source material their initial purpose disappears. And they become just the means to draw the biggest amount of people to the cinemas, thus bringing down the quality of a movie.
"Sure it'd be neat to see Dragon Ball completely transferred but then there wouldn't be any surprises."- It is understandable that when you're making a live action movie some things will be changed. Some of us were against the idea for the movie from the start, knowing that it would be hard to make a good LAM based on DB (anime, comics, books, games in general).
And our predictions came true. When you look at that thing, you know(if you're a fan) that that thing is not DB. So this is not just about some minor details, the whole universe was left out.
"Evolution is a new continuity."
"Devolution" is a failed attempt for the company to earn money at the expense of the "fans" and other fools that will pay to watch it.
Now about the fans- It's not BS and I will explain it to you why it's not(although if you would think more about some things, I'm sure you would eventually come to a few right conclusions).
Here- https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com/discussion-about-db-live-action-movie-f4/why-do-we-think-that-dbe-supporters-are-not-db-fans-t709.htm
You see, your view about the fans is not wrong but it's missing one part.
Those that you call- fanatics are the people who, for example, consider one work of art to be flawless, who praise it without any critical look on it. When it comes to anime, comics, books, games, etc. you can also call them fanboys or fangirls.
Those that you call- "fans'' are those kind of people I was talking about in that link I gave you. And then you also have those people (also explained in the same link) who call themselves "fans" but objectively they are not.
So, you see, it not enough just to like one, for example, work of art. It's not enough just to collect some stuff related to that work of art. Being a fan means much more. And because we had to hyphen the difference we started using -"true fan". So I hope that now it is much clearer for you.
If somebody would call me a "hater" before he hears what I have to say, or even worse, dismiss everything I say because "I'm just a hater" then that person has a big problem. Although we got used to that. I haven't seen a DBE supporter that was thinking in the logical way at all time.
I'm glad that you enjoyed it, but, I'm sorry, you're just not a DB fan to us.
The movie is terrible as every decent film critic would state it. What hurts me the most is that as long as people like you exist, people that are satisfied by terrible or mediocre movies and as long as companies make profit out of you they won't change their business.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Tue May 12, 2009 10:07 am

You know I can never take this movie seriously. I've seen it. It's one cliche moment after another. It sucks balls. If we mention its an adaptation, then it only gets worse.

See movies like Spiderman and X-Men have liberty because there's so many stories to tell, that most of the times have nothing to do with each other...well they do but you get what I mean.

Dragon Ball however, as one story to tell, and they failed at telling it. And the feel of the original is gone too.

Last edited by lol1991 on Tue May 12, 2009 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Tue May 12, 2009 2:48 pm

Hello Requiem, thank you fro participating, here is my reply:

Requiem wrote:I've seen the movie three times now and while it was not a good movie
at all, I was entertained. I smiled through the whole movie and you know what? I accepted it. Why? Well, Fox sucks balls. They screw up every well known franchise, I knew that this movie was going to be LOADS different from the original Manga/Anime, I accepted that and really, I just view Evolution as a new take on Dragonball, a new vision using some of the same themes of the original.
If you can easily go over it as "some new vision using some of the same themes" there are many fans who CANT...like us.

Requiem wrote:You can't blame the actors, what's with this "Chatfail" shit? That's childish! You can slightly blame James Wong (because the acting isn't the best) but the real blame should just be put on the Fox suits.
We are not blaming actors directly for the movie, we are blaming them for being bunch of corrupted liars, who will do anything that Fox tells them to do and who ARE PERFECTLY aware that they will enrage many fans around the world, but don't care cause they'll get their filthy money.

Requiem wrote:So much hate has been put on this movie because of the change from the original Manga/Anime. I honestly don't care, I like seeing new altercations and versions of old media that I've seen tons of times now.
Again, YOU LIKE, if you are someone who don't care and who can easily get over it, that does not mean everybody is like you...we certainly are not, that's why we do all this in the first place...So please respect that, otherwise you are selfish.

Requiem wrote:Also, the "WHY DOES ROSHI'S KAMEHAMEHA HEAL GOKU!?" thing is just stupid to bitch about. Why? Evolution is a new continuity. Like it or not.
YET AGAIN, it is "new continuity" FOR YOU, FOR US ITS INSULT!
If you like changing DB that much, that only speaks of your DB fandom, cause naturally if you'd love DB for what it is you wouldn't like to change it that badly...only those who are dissatisfied with something want to change that something into something completely else.

And again something that I always repeat: IF YOU WANT TO MAKE SOMETHING "NEW", SOMETHING "DIFFERENT", THEN MAAAAAKE IT! NOBODY'S STOPPING YOU FROM DOING SO!!!
You don't need to rape some already existing franchise in order to make something new, you can always come up with your own franchise and title. PERIOD.

Requiem wrote:To make a final point, do you guys seriously believe in "true" and "fake" fans? Like, really, that's bullshit. There are only two types of fans which are:

[list]
[*]Fans
[*]Fanatics
[/list:u:386c]

Fans, simply enjoy the media/group/person. Fanatics collect everything that is part of the media/group/person and put blood and tears into everything related to that thing. But you know what? Neither are "more" of a fan than the other, just one does more things than the other. Big difference.
This is what I call 100% WRONG!. You couldn't prove more that your fandom is distorted and that term fan today means something completely else from what it used to mean and from what it SHOULD mean.
ahhhh...here we go again:
Fandom is not measured by how many action figures, accessories, wallpapers and stuff you have...Especially fandom of something like DB which preaches anti-materialism anyways...so its double absurd.
Being a fan of something is LOVING something truly FOR WHAT IT IS, not only for its title, and you obviously love it only for its title, since you "like" both DB and DBE even though DBE makes mockery of DB, and not only that its totally different but it perfectly contradicts to all that DB stands for.

Requiem wrote:One of the reasons you get this stupid "Dragonball Evolution Supporters Hate" is because some of the stupider "Haters" keep using "true" and "fake" fans as an insult, it's just childish. Everyone is a fan if they like it, you're discouraging people who like the anime/manga because they like this movie, which is stupid, it's the same as if someone liked Dragonball GT.
First of all being fake DB fan is a FACT not an insult, I certainly don't say that to insult anybody, its just what I honestly think. Just like everything in this world DB also have fake fans that are "fans of DB" just for the damn of being fan of something, or just cause everybody in their school likes it or such...not cause they really like it.
Second that bolded part is A KEY part of your sentence...cause IF YOU WOULD LIKE IT, NATURALLY YOU WOULD LIKE IT FOR WHAT IT IS NOT ONLY FOR ITS TITLE, NOR WOULD EVER SUPPORT THE UTTER RAPE OF IT.

Requiem wrote:Sure you may not want kids to be exposed to this before the original Dragonball stuff, but it's the same as letting your kids watch the new Star Trek trilogy over the original, it's frickin opinion. I'm sure you intelligent guys know that here.
You see there are two concepts about this:
1.MISREPRESENTING things to kids
2.Freedom of choice
This yours is this first.
Star Treck is this second...cause even though they are different they are still both STAR TRECK(I guess!? sorry never watched it much)...even though I always prefer to show the first original one and say - THIS is Star Treck, and then show him sequels and say - and THESE are its sequels.
DBE is NOT DB in ANY POSSIBLE WAY, LOGIC, SENSE, UNDER THE LAW OF PHYSICS, AND HEALTHY BRAIN OR ANY OTHER LAW OR SENSE IN THE UNIVERSE. PERIOD.
You yourself said it right here! ll
V

Requiem wrote:I enjoyed watching this movie, even though it wasn't "Dragonball" it was it's own, it had it's own charm, humor, continuity, etc.

Thanks for reading and replying with dignity and maturity.
You see again, you are aware that its not DB yet you support it even though it exploits and pisses all over DB's title? makes me want to ask you are you fan of DB or passionate movies fan?
Cause if its so, then why wouldn't you be generous enough and help us passionate DB fans to defend our DB as you will have MANY OTHER movies in your life to watch, but for us, only this one movie, and we are doomed, last thing we need is another one(a sequel).
Do you understand now this all what I'm trying to say?
So again, if you want something NEW and CHANGED than MAKE IT whoever you are James Wong or Uwe boll...feel free MAKE IT, nobody's stopping you from THAT, but you don't need to RAPE something in order to make something new.

Again thank you for participating, and don't take any of my conclusions as insults, cause thats the last I want to achieve, but instead I really want you to THINK about all I've said seriously...we are just expressing our honest opinion and defending our DB.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Tue May 12, 2009 3:19 pm

btw Ningen, and lol nicely explained bros! Smile You just rock. PERIOD.
I first wrote my post and then read yours Razz

Anyways, I think supporters have to understand us when we don't consider them as DB fans...they have to think of what we said and realize that those are just our honest opinions, and that we don't want to insult them, but just don't want to change our opinion.

And if you just a BIT fallow the healthy logic you will realize that being fan of DB while supporting DBE is pretty much like working for charity and while being a criminal...
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by 4Neodemon Tue May 19, 2009 7:09 am

Goku lamenting from the a wrote:Dude, man you are wrong, with all respect and maturity and all that, im sorry.

Ok you liked the movie, ok kudos for you thats your thing, enjoy.

But it is NOT dragonball, it WONT EVER be Dragonball.

They say "its an alternate dragonball for another dimension" yes an alternate dimension where dragonball is shit, a dimension i dont wanna live in.

I mean i like B-movies, stupid movies once in a while, and i admit, if it wasn´t called dragonball and the characters had different names, i may have enjoyed it as a movie to watch while stoned or drunk, but everytime they called this actor, (i resist the need to insult him) Goku i threw up a little bit in my mouth.

And i cannot reconsile the idea of a fan of anything, accepting what they like being insulted and disgraced like this, i can´t, and it doesn´t happen with the other adaptations, as much as ppl criticize the X-Men movies, or Spider Movie, they at least respected the characters somehow.

Here they didn´t, one thing is to make concesions for characters and story passed to another media, by a different author, hey im all for that, but it should at least resemble the original, keep the essece.

Here they dont even as much as glanced at a manga, is compleatly changed, is worst than Shuemaker Batman with nipples, and that was bad.

This is as if superman was a gay guy who was raised in Pakistan, and whore a green suit and instead of flying rode a car, and healed people with his eye rays, it is like this.

Tell me if any self respecting superman fan, if anybody who even know or has seen superman before, could possibly defend this movie?

If he was called Supermack, i would enjoy this movie, if this movie was called brainac vs wheremonkey, no problem.

But superman deserves respect, so does Goku and so does any work of fiction that is valuable to someone.

And someone who does not respect something cannot love it, therefore cannot be a fan.

That is all, have a good day

I completelly agree with you Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
You said everything Wink
4Neodemon
4Neodemon
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by 4Neodemon Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:35 am

MrGenkiDama wrote:Holy fail. I have so many problems with almost EVERYTHING said in this thread. I mean everything.

The points suck. The comebacks are worse. The reasoning is whack. The overuse of the words "Rape" and "Fake Fan" are horrid and wow... I can't stand this thread. Opening up a question and answer section was a bad idea. No one but the members at this forum can win, no opinions can really be changed, this is indeed to the "flame bait" section of the forum.

But whatever, I'm not gonna try to argue with anyone that has posted here. I'll keep my opinions to myself.

dude, words like that are just expressions... lol! lol! !! sayng that Fox rape DB or saying FOX ruined DB is the same shit!!!

we are just giving some points why someone that loves DBE AS A DB MOVIE (and not only as a stupid action teen cliche movie) are not DB fans!! A fan loves something for what it is and not only for its title... for example im fan of metalcore and melodic death metal music, and if some of those bands start to play pop or hip hop shit instead of metal i would no longer be a fan of them!! The same thing happen to the LAM DB movie... its the opposite, its totally different and it lacks the original anime spirit and quality!!

something new is not changing key elements like the characters personalities and stories or turning something full of asian elements into pop culture stereotypes...... Something new is like the animated DB movies.. new villains to Goku defeat, but in those movies Goku is still Goku, he still acts like Goku, it still have the anime spirit and preaches!!!

Watchmen is the perfect example how to make a decent LAM movie... DBE is a joke, and it's not just the fact that it didn't resemble the manga or anime that made it bad, it was also very poorly constructed. So many plot holes, terrible acting, terrible fight choreography, poor character development, mediocre special effects and action scenes, and a very short final battle... Im not even going to speak about the stupid cliches jokes, or the "teen thing" environment in something that should be more serious and dark!!

people who love DBE may like the original anime, but they are not fans, they are not crazy about DB... someone who trully loves the show can not accept that shit movie to become part of the DB franchise!!!
4Neodemon
4Neodemon
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum