Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
I've got a question for you lot EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
I've got a question for you lot EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
I've got a question for you lot EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
I've got a question for you lot EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
I've got a question for you lot EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
I've got a question for you lot EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
I've got a question for you lot EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
I've got a question for you lot EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
I've got a question for you lot EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
I've got a question for you lot EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
I've got a question for you lot EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
I've got a question for you lot EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
I've got a question for you lot EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
I've got a question for you lot EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
I've got a question for you lot EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
I've got a question for you lot EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
I've got a question for you lot EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
I've got a question for you lot EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
I've got a question for you lot EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
I've got a question for you lot EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

I've got a question for you lot

+2
VEGETA_DTX
lol1991
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I've got a question for you lot Empty I've got a question for you lot

Post by lol1991 Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Who here knows the name Kefka? Coockie for who knows him, collect on the way out, now, the real question:

Why do you think FF7 has reached the status it has? It's unarguably the most successful (not the best, don't misquote me) FF of the series...it's practically a franchise on it's own...why is that? What do you figure just made FF7 so effing famous?

I mean, you look around the web, and minus fan made, find little art of pre FF7 characters. However, from FF7 up, there's tons of it...so obviously FF7 was a milestone...why?

Same goes for fan base really...as with any famous game...it's fan base is reduced to yaio fan girls that draw Zack and Cloud together (shiver)...or fanboys that can't take a diss and go balistic if someone says "I personally prefer Kefka as a FF final villain"...oh shit now I gave the first question away

Anyway, all things aside...why? This is mostly for Nikku I suppose, but anyone that's willing to try and explain and knows what he's talking about, go ahead.
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
I've got a question for you lot Left_bar_bleue100/100I've got a question for you lot Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

I've got a question for you lot Empty Re: I've got a question for you lot

Post by VEGETA_DTX Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Nice question Smile

Hmmmm, first and foremost I think FF7 happened in a right place at a right time, it was back then when games still were very underrated and often called "stuff for kids" media and it was still a time of very simple games both graphically and especially complexity-wise.
And FF7 was very impressive game for that time when it comes to complexity of the game-play...all the summons, materials, and their combination, epic FF battle system, very interesting story, very awesome FMVs for that time, all the extra ingame games, phenomenal music and overall a great art-piece that video-game media could offer for that time...all that made FF7 very impressive and with that very popular(ugh I hate that word Razz).

But as everything else in this world it needed a bit of luck and a right time and place it was published at.
So when you sum it all up that's what you get, a great and successful game Smile

As for this
it's fan base is reduced to yaio fan girls that draw Zack and Cloud together (shiver)
:S yes I know and its sometimes really annoying :S but what can you do...you find those things all over the place with almost any franchise in this world, but hey their things their lives, I try to avoid such fanarts so badly :S
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
I've got a question for you lot Left_bar_bleue100/100I've got a question for you lot Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:38 pm

non mainstream anime never has that problem...

sigh...but you do know Kefka right DTX?
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:56 pm

lol1991 wrote:Who here knows the name Kefka? Coockie for who knows him, collect on the way out, now, the real question:

Why do you think FF7 has reached the status it has? It's unarguably the most successful (not the best, don't misquote me) FF of the series...it's practically a franchise on it's own...why is that? What do you figure just made FF7 so effing famous?

I mean, you look around the web, and minus fan made, find little art of pre FF7 characters. However, from FF7 up, there's tons of it...so obviously FF7 was a milestone...why?

Same goes for fan base really...as with any famous game...it's fan base is reduced to yaio fan girls that draw Zack and Cloud together (shiver)...or fanboys that can't take a diss and go balistic if someone says "I personally prefer Kefka as a FF final villain"...oh shit now I gave the first question away

Anyway, all things aside...why? This is mostly for Nikku I suppose, but anyone that's willing to try and explain and knows what he's talking about, go ahead.

Kefka is Final Fantasy 6's main villain. COOKIE PLS!!!

And I'm not really sure why FFVII reached the status is has. I think its because that particular game was marketed and hyped up more than the others and it actually delivered. Its quite rare that hyped things deliver, I mean, look at the reception that Cloverfileld movie got! FFVII was the first 3D FF game and that may have had more to do with it; I've seen some people online who say they have never gone back to 2D games and call 2D games crap and that they only play 3D now, etc. FFVII was released on the newly developed Playstation which was the must-have thing at the time and people were buying them, then people started buying Playstations for FFVII. I'll post more thoughts and analysis on this soon!

Trivia - FFVII was the first ever FF that I bought. I bought it in 2004. Thats right, I started playing the FF series in 2004! How late was I?? Razz
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:42 pm

I started the FF series with 7 as well...never played anything before

My cousin (who's also my godmother, she's like...22 years older than me lol) had a playstation, and she had the game. I used to play FUCKING LOTS of FF7...seriously, I must have passed that game over 20 times...and I still remember my first Safer Sephiroth fight...the first time Aerith died...the first time I went on that little date thing (incidentally...I got Tifa on my first try without knowing about the date mechanics...maybe that's why I like her so much)

Thing is, after 7...no FF game seemed to do it for me. Sure, gameplay wise and graphic wise it's only been improving...but no other FF story has gotten me into it as much as 7, and I play games mostly for the story (unless it's like fighting games or such).

And before 7, only 6 really marked me, because of Kefka. I remember playing 6 after 7, on a friends SNES...and I remember I didn't like the story, but even at that age I greatly respected and liked Kefka. When I got older and started to discover I WAS a gamer by nature, Kefka remained as my all time favorite bad guy. He's above Sephi for me because of the way he thinks...he's such an extreme nihilist he's no longer one if you get what I mean

But, other than Kefka...not other FF character has touched me as much as the FF7 ones. Even Cloud with his emoness was kinda cool back then...course Advent Children had to make him even more emo for the fangirls...but whatever at least Tifa was still there to straighten him out XD
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Venus Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:47 pm

I never even got 2 play VII. Do i still get a cookie? Shocked
Venus
Venus
Super Saiyan!
Super Saiyan!

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:50 pm

go out right now and rent a fucking copy!! You cannot go your life without playing this game, because overrated or not...FF7 is a great game that every gamer, even casuals, should at least try
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Venus Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:53 pm

but its like nowhere 2 be found...
Venus
Venus
Super Saiyan!
Super Saiyan!

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:01 pm

I'm going to make it my personal mission to own a fucking copy of the game...I need to play it again
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:16 am

I've got a question for you lot N0TUS
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:51 am

Wh-Where's my cookie...? Okay, I'll try to get another cookie;

****SPOILER****

Kefka blew up the world!!!

****SPOILER****

And the FF series is very important to me! Aeris dying was the first time I cried at a game. The cover (plain white with a logo) was one of the most unique covers I'd ever seen at the time. The level up theme had me leaving the game on the level up screen for ages just to listen to it. It's rare that I get so much out of a game that I'm taking a chance with, but FFVII proved that taking chances is sometimes a great idea and I'm glad I did with this game. One of the best £12.99's I ever spent.

Also, I found a brand new and sealed FFVII AND FFVIII for £20 each in my favorite shop that closed down in 2007 sadly... Of course I bought them both because my FFVIII, despite being in great condition, f**ked up on disk 2 and my FFVII was in s**t condition when I bought it. Its only ever freezed up once, but I wouldn't take any chances and picked up a new one. Seriously, why can't people take care of their games??

The only other FF that came close to rivalling FFVII for me was FFX which is my favorite FF now. Funny, because when I first started with it, I HATED it for the "difficulty". When I say difficulty, that means that I didn't know how the Sphere Grid worked, so I had been doing a No Sphere Grid game all along! Luckily I found out how it worked and why levelling up wasn't doing anything to power me up and I ended up loving FFX. And FFX has Rikku. Nuff said!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:54 am

lol1991 wrote:non mainstream anime never has that problem...

sigh...but you do know Kefka right DTX?
Yeah I only know of Kefka, I saw him and know that he is main FFVI villain but I never played FFVI unfortunately so I don't know much about him.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:14 pm

Kefka actually became a god...

that saying "I am become death" comes to me...I mean, the way he used his new status

Anyway, I gave up buying the game...just effing downloaded it off the internet...I know, the cowards way out, but whatever

I'm up to the first visit to the Gold Saucer...I swear I do not remember the game having such difficulty...especially getting the ultimate weapons...I've been reading up on how to do it...for gods sake...

And the final fight with Safer...I know I beat it...but how did I do it!?!? O.o...I was 10...I doubt I knew how the fuck to do sidequest and build up stats and handle the materia system...

And I forgot to get Yuffie...I didn't remember until I was already at the boat to the Western Continent T_T
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:17 pm

I... I want my cookie...
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:18 pm

It's an internet cookie...no physical form
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:54 pm

I still want it...
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:04 pm

I've got a question for you lot 9RFmdzLCr9k7b8lfx2psnb9L_500
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:42 pm

COOKIES!!!!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:37 pm

Kay played till Nimbelheim...already have Vincent

Seriously though...I beat the boss, went down to the basement thing...and then, while trying to examine the coffin...I couldn't...and ended up fighting some weird monster with two heads that used level 2 spells...I died cause I didn't heal after the safe boss and went into rage...

Then I did it again and I won...and it's epic to review some of the old summons that I didn't remember...Odin is EPIC!!!

But I somehow feel I should train a bit...I mean...most of my guys are still levels 20...best ones I have are Cloud and Vincent...
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:19 am

Train young man, or you don't get any dinner! I'm pretty sure that characters you aren't using gain a few levels every so often...

Also; Cookie pls...
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Yeah figured that out

And I can't, the Cookie Monster took it sorry
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:40 pm

*Throws a safe filled with cash and jewels out of the window*

Grrr... I need my cookies...

Anyways, I remember that whole fiasco with the Safe boss (a.k.a. boss in the safe). I didn't have a clue what to do with the safe, so I just fought and murdered him. Literally murdered him cause I always find myself overlevelling in RPG's.
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 am

I don't know how the fuck I figured out stuff from this game in the first place...I find myself thinking there's just no way I would be able to do it as a fucking 8 year old...I mean seriously!
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Venus Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:22 pm

Nikku, u went thru FFX without usin the sphere grid? Shocked How in the heck??
Venus
Venus
Super Saiyan!
Super Saiyan!

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:41 am

Hehe!

^__________^

No Sphere Grid for Nikku!!!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next