Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
1st Q&A session EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
1st Q&A session EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
1st Q&A session EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
1st Q&A session EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
1st Q&A session EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
1st Q&A session EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
1st Q&A session EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
1st Q&A session EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
1st Q&A session EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
1st Q&A session EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
1st Q&A session EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
1st Q&A session EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
1st Q&A session EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
1st Q&A session EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
1st Q&A session EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
1st Q&A session EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
1st Q&A session EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
1st Q&A session EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
1st Q&A session EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
1st Q&A session EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

1st Q&A session

+9
Presvi
secor
4Neodemon
ningen
sonaditya
Tlaloc
lol1991
Ha!
VEGETA_DTX
13 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

1st Q&A session Empty 1st Q&A session

Post by VEGETA_DTX Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:41 pm

Here DBE supporters and other people who may not understand us, are allowed to post questions about our forum, petition, whole protest campaign, our goals, point, why we protest it, etc etc...

NOTE:
When the Confirmation code appears it says:
Enter the code exactly as you see it. The code is case sensitive and zero has a diagonal line through it.
While sometimes it was NOT case sensitive, as far as I tasted, so make sure to try with all small letters as well, if you have problems, and thats it! Wink

Now lets get started!

Last edited by VEGETA_DTX on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:58 am; edited 2 times in total
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
1st Q&A session Left_bar_bleue100/1001st Q&A session Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

1st Q&A session Empty Re: 1st Q&A session

Post by Ha! Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:31 am

Guest can't post here Suspect
Ha!
Ha!
Gray hair dude
Gray hair dude

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:42 am

Oh I forgot to turn it on Razz AHHAHA just a sec.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest1 Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:46 am

Hello I am GUEST1! Razz (it is I VEGETA_DTX Razz)
Just testing it out ^_^

Guest1

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:00 am

Now we're ready Wink
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanch Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:05 pm

Why petition and forum?

Sanch

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:16 pm

Well, the petition speaks for itself. We wanted to stop the movie. Sure, a petition is not has effective, but at least it serves a psicological purpose. In a day and age where the internet plays such an importante role in media cummunication, an online petition would at least alert people to how much the movie is bad.

The forum is mearly a place where the more extreme of us can gather and talk about stuff. You can't take all that is writen in the forum as truth. Don't forget, all of the users are flat on against the movie. Some stupidity is bound to be posted at times.

Forgive me about any grammar mistakes. Not a fluent english speaker.
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:48 am

^That was very nice explanation lol! cheers
You said it all! ^^

Sanch, thank you for participating and your question!

Last edited by VEGETA_DTX on Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by bob Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:52 am

Why are u guys so obsessed with DB to the extent that u make a protest site about it?
I mean, i mainly love dbz not really db, but i know a great deal about the show and is easily my favourite show by far. But them making a movie about it and changing stuff around does not seem to anger me. Sure u can get get a bit angry at some things they did, but in the end it's just an anime. Which most adults would see as a child's cartoon.
There is more to life than one show.

I guess really i just can't understand the mindset u guys have, but hey everyone's different.

bob

Back to top Go down

Post by bob Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:05 am

*hate it when i think of stuff after i post*
What will happen to u guys when the movie is over and done with, say in a few months. Will u just pack ur bags and leave? or will u begin protesting on a possible sequel?
Bashing a sequel right now sounds ridiculous imo.

I am amazed that people such as u Vegeta_DTX would actually want to debate with supporters of the movie. I just believed that there was no use talking to u, as whatever i say u won't listen to and will just respond with walls of text on how it sucks etc. I guess i am sort of impressed.
I am a supporter of DB:E, but my reasons are completely different to most people. U see i don't really care how much this strays from the source (maybe coz i don't really care much for db, it's dbz i care about). The fact that they are making a movie based on the DB franchise is what matters. And i'm not going to go into personal reasons as to why i can't wait for this movie.

When a DBZ movie comes and if they change it around a lot, i will be very pissed, as i believe the only way to do DBZ right is to follow the story completely (cut out some fillers of course)

bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:44 am

bob wrote:Why are u guys so obsessed with DB to the extent that u make a protest site about it?

You make it sound as something bad for being fans of Dragon Ball. DB has touched our lives, we love it and hate to see a terrible product based on it.

bob wrote:I mean, i mainly love dbz not really db, but i know a great deal about the show and is easily my favourite show by far. But them making a movie about it and changing stuff around does not seem to anger me. Sure u can get get a bit angry at some things they did, but in the end it's just an anime. Which most adults would see as a child's cartoon.

Well this movie makes sees DB as something lesser to the people who don't know anything about it. Why is it wrong not to be angry at the way these people making the movie are ripping off people and yet people like you believe the most mature thing to do is not doing a single thing and just accepted, despite it is clear that FOX and Wong are scam artists. Oh and you know what more is there to life, right?

bob wrote:*hate it when i think of stuff after i post*
What will happen to u guys when the movie is over and done with, say in a few months. Will u just pack ur bags and leave? or will u begin protesting on a possible sequel?
Bashing a sequel right now sounds ridiculous imo.

Well if after this, the movie fails and no sequel is annouced, the better. We probably still use this forum to talk of other things as we are close friends, but if there are sequels your are damn right we will protest it! Which in no way is ridiculous despite what you believe.

bob wrote:I am amazed that people such as u Vegeta_DTX would actually want to debate with supporters of the movie. I just believed that there was no use talking to u, as whatever i say u won't listen to and will just respond with walls of text on how it sucks etc. I guess i am sort of impressed.

And of course there is no way you will convince us to see and support this film. We made this section to proove that unlike other sites which claim to be just neutral and informative, but hold a bias in favor of the movie; we won't shut down other people like they shut us down.

bob wrote:I am a supporter of DB:E, but my reasons are completely different to most people. U see i don't really care how much this strays from the source (maybe coz i don't really care much for db, it's dbz i care about). The fact that they are making a movie based on the DB franchise is what matters. And i'm not going to go into personal reasons as to why i can't wait for this movie.

When a DBZ movie comes and if they change it around a lot, i will be very pissed, as i believe the only way to do DBZ right is to follow the story completely (cut out some fillers of course)

OK you said before that you don't like Dragon Ball, but you like DBZ. Why? Sadly people (most of them from the U.S.) think that all of the Dragon Ball series is DBZ and that Dragon Ball is a prequel done after DBZ. This is a missconception, but case is that this movie has altered the origin for possible sequels. Even if the next films are done right, (which I doubt) the canon will be disrupted all of the sudden. Trust me, if DBZ movies are made, they will give drastic changes to make it "cooler."

At the end of the day, the ones who are trully immature and have no life are the people involved in this movie, not us. And we are right.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by sonaditya Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:07 am

Wow, what a start to the debate section!!
sonaditya
sonaditya
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:02 pm

@bob
Tlaloc basically explained everything, but I just want to add a few things.
Of course, if something is still unclear, please tell us, we would be happy to further explain it.
You stated: "Sure u can get get a bit angry at some things they did, but in the end it's just an anime. Which most adults would see as a child's cartoon.
There is more to life than one show."

Most adults would see it that way. But that creates a big problem. By stating something like:"Oh, it's just a cartoon\anime." You insult all those people involved in it's creation. People might get impression that a cartoon is inferior to some other forms of art (like the movies for an example). But just like the movies there are cartoons that are meant for the kids and those that aren't. But most people don't see it that way and they go by the logic- It's a cartoon, cartoons are for kids- now a good example will be 4kids- so we're just gonna remove all sick scenes those crazy Japanese people put in there...censorship, yay!
There is more to life than just one show, yes, of course, but we also care about other works of art based on the anime\manga(comics)\books\games that are being exploited, exploited in the worst possible way- by the very uncreative people, people concerned only about money. People that will present to you a terrible product and expect you to pay for it. We fight against that, we point it out. And if that is not the mature, the right way to live than I don't know what is.
DBE supporters don't listen to what we(by we I don't just mean DB fans, a lot of people are against this movie\criticize it and they are not even DB fans) have to say, it's hard to have a normal debate with such people. People that usually say something ridiculous like:"Hater!" and dismiss our every argument before they even read it. That's why we were all for the idea to let those that want to have a decent debate or just a normal conversation on our forum.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:35 pm

Wow! people that was really really neat! cheers!

You people are really doing a great job, I basically have nothing to add :S

By stating something like:"Oh, it's just a cartoon\anime." You insult all those people involved in it's creation.
This is my favorite so far. Perfectly said.
People that make cartoons are much more successful and "mature" than all of us here frankly.

Anyways, thank you bob for your participating and your will for a tolerant chat(I dont know from where I know you, maybe youtube? and yes I always write tons of text about how the movie sucks but everything is argumented with - why, why to me, why to us, and why it piss me off when somebody attacks us just for protesting something and standing up for what we believe in.)
You can always ask another question, continue your thoughts and such...

Thank you!
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by bob Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:36 am

Vegeta u may or may not remember me from youtube. My username was Negropolis, surely a name like that u may remember lol.

What i want to ask is when did u create this site? Was there some development in the movie that caused u to go over the edge and create this site? and if so what was it.

Btw i'm not one of those blind supporters who believe the movie is going to be great. As a 'movie buff' of sorts who frequently visits Rottentomatoes i perceive this movie getting in the % range of 30-35% imo.

bob

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:14 am

Since I meet tons of people everyday due to this campaign, I thought there's no way I am gonna remember someone particularly, but I actually remember you very well Smile

What i want to ask is when did u create this site? Was there some development in the movie that caused u to go over the edge and create this site? and if so what was it.
Well I've created this forum on Sunday 6th January 2008 at 9:38 pm by the local time.
And even few months before that, I've created the prototype of this forum, it was called something like "vote-against-the-dblam.forumotion.com" but I removed it and made a new one(this one) since I disliked the name, it didn't have as many options as this one have and it also had some problems with the registration.

As for what pushed me over the edge...well its actually nothing in particular, since the alone news that "20th Century Fox officially started filming the live action adaptation of the popular Japanese comic and TV show Dragon Ball" was enough for me to more or less predict this all and facepalm myself to eternity...
And I already then started to protest, investigate and research all over the internet.
It was around August 2007.
At a time I was seriously thinking of starting an early global protest...but due to the studies and all that I was distracted enough not to make it right away.
So to tell you the truth, all away since then I was "pushed over the edge" every time we got some news(except the good ones, but there were maybe 4 good news alltogether so far Sad).

And I am glad you're not blind supporter, but still you are a supporter :/
But respect for the nice discussion.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by bob Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:00 am

didn't want to double post so here's what i wanted to also ask.

What is ur stance on bulma's hair? Do u believe it should be pure blue, or is the streak fine?
Personally i believe she should had a small portion of her hair blue, not just a streak, as if seen that done with another colour on a girl and it looked fine.

The common argument for her hair being blue is, "ur going to have people flying, green aliens and such but oh blue hair is unrealisitic". (got that from that hitler video of DB:E)
What i believe is that, yes pure blue hair is unrealistic, aliens and flying isn't. U see we have seen countless movies with aliens (how are aliens unrealistic?) . With all these superhero movies and such, we have become accustomed to seeing people fly, superman being the prime example and ironman (lol he's flying as fast as jets, where's he getting all the fuel from?)

When people watch a movie like this, and if they see people fly, they won't say "that's not possible". In a way it's actually normal to see the big screen.
But blue hair is something never seen before and it feels out of place. Giving an actor full blue hair would make people not take the actor seriously. Where do u see people with full blue hair? mostly on punks/gothics. Your average joe bloe will think she is some sort of rebel punk girl.

In the end it would've been an unnecessary move to make her hair blue. /rant over

bob

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:10 pm

^Oh, that is very interesting. I must say I'm rather surprised. My thoughts never went in that direction, so, thank you for making me think a bit more about that issue. What we have here is something that may be perceived as a minor issue, but actually it opens a rather big problem and it's great for debating. I'll understand if you don't read all my thoughts from the first try. Very Happy Take your time.
You see, those were the exact\similar thoughts of the people involved in the project called "DBE". And because of that attitude towards the source material this move ended up looking like this, ended up being criticized by most of the people.
You say (and I agree with it)- What I believe is that, yes pure blue hair is unrealistic, aliens and flying isn't. U see we have seen countless movies with aliens (how are aliens unrealistic?) . Dude, don't you see- you said it all Smile - teenagers with guns are realistic, teenagers flying around doing same ol' kung-fu fights with aliens is something that's realistic nowadays, but something like a teenager with a blue hair isn't. But I say- Than what's the difference? Very Happy What is the difference between this kung-fu-limbo dance-karate kid movie and those other similar movies? What is the difference except for the title and the names of the characters? Very Happy No difference. There is nothing inspiring about this one, so it will soon be forgotten. Sadly, but in their pursuit to make the move "realistic enough" for the US public, they made a mediocre movie that will soon be forgotten in the sea of other, better movies of that type, but what's even more important - They made a terrible adaptation(it's hard to even take it that way, because there is almost nothing related to the source material)and because of that they disappointed the fans. But they shown clearly that they don't care about those "hardcore fans" as some people call us.
I've seen that pic with Rossum made to look like Bulma. And although I don't like that she got that role I think it would fit nice. At least I would see her and say- OK, I recognize this character, this is Bulma. But when she is like this she could be anyone. Heh, Rossum said something like- "When you make a movie changes are bound to happen, and that is why Chatfail and I are having our normal teenage haircuts"(although I wonder what would happen in the sequel-Would he have his normal haircut or would we see that famous yellowish glow- Your average joe bloe will think he is some sort of a rebel punk boy). It's interesting- even in DBZ there is one moment in which people are commenting their hair, calling them punks. XD Hair is one of the very important elements in DB, I was having discussions just about the hair with Vegeta DTX for ages. But I totally understand why they don't understand that and why they left out such an important element, one of those elements that just shows how rich DB universe really is, why we love it. But than again this is not DB so -"In the end it would've been an unnecessary move to make her hair blue."
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by bob Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:56 pm

Hmm good points. I never thought of it that way.
Teenager's using guns and stuff it pretty unrealistic, we could say oh, teenagers do use guns, but these people in the film aren't criminals.
From what i hear though, bulma in the film only uses her guns like 3 times or sumthing. But she does seem a bit too gung-ho.

The reason i support this movie is because it was one of those things i said to myself many years ago "i wish they would make a movie of that". So it's sort of like a dream come true, even if that sounds pretty cheesy.
Yes deep down i would've liked it if they followed the anime completely. Some scenes or fights i feel they should even have to copy the dialogue lol.
Some people say "i don't want it to be the same, if its the same ill go watch the anime".
Really i wanted them to make it nearly exactly the same as the anime. Of course DB is harder to do, as u don't want to go through all of Goku's childhood and condensing it all is pretty hard. DBZ should be a lot easier for them to translate onto the big screen.
As my father dislikes DB, when he sees me watching it, he says 'whats this shit, why are u watching little kids shows, how old are u?" etc. I want him to understand that the show is really popular and not just for little kids.

Of course this movie isn't the best way to show him that the series is good. BUT it is the only way i can make him watch the show ( he will have no idea the movie deviates from the source). He isn't going to sit down and watch 153 episodes of a show he doesn't care for. This is like the only opportunity to make him watch DB. And that's kinda the main reason i support it. And the reason that i've been reading updates on the movie for over a year, kinda made me support it as my knowledge on it is quite extensive.
Now with that out of the way i got another question.

Is goku's race a problem for u guys? A lot of people i.e. weaboo's belive he's asian. This is a long and stupid debate that's been goin on for a while.
Personally i think he is NOT asian nor is he white. I.e. He is a saiyan who looks like someone of caucasian/asian descent. For u see he is not asian, but he only merely looks like someone who is asian. U can't say he is this or that race, because he's not he is a saiyan.
I think he looks like a white person. But do u guys think he has to be played by an asian actor?

bob

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:31 am

What i believe is that, yes pure blue hair is unrealistic, aliens and flying isn't. U see we have seen countless movies with aliens (how are aliens unrealistic?) . With all these superhero movies and such, we have become accustomed to seeing people fly, superman being the prime example and ironman (lol he's flying as fast as jets, where's he getting all the fuel from?)
I must say I really really really sooooooooo disagree with your way of thinking here.
I believe that stereotypes of hollywood have STRONGLY distorted your feels for whats realistic/unrealistic, good/bad, right/wrong.

Ningen made some really really great pints! Wink I just wanna explain it in my way now.

You see, why I was never able to understand many of you people, is - IS IT REALLY MORE IMPORTANT FOR SOME "NEW" PEOPLE(AND NOT FANS!) TO GRASP DB "REALISTICALLY"(and only realistically in the hollywoods way :/) THAN TO KEEP THE SPIRIT OF THE ORIGINAL SOURCE?!?!?

WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT SOME OTHER "NEW" PEOPLE GRASPING DB THE RIGHT WAY? makes me wanna ask, are you people fans of DB's fame or of the DB itself?

If you wanna make someone love DB, making some movie that's so different than DB and actually even total opposite of it is CERTAINLY NOT A WAY TO GO! IT WONT MAKE HIM LOVE THE ORIGINAL DB, BUT JUST THAT DBE! And what you've done? nothing just ruined the DB and buried it below the DBE.
I'll quote myself:
I'D MUCH MUCH RATHER HAVE PEOPLE HATE DRAGON BALL FOR WHAT IT IS, THEN LOVE IT FOR WHAT ITS NOT!
Also about Bulma's hair...I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND PEOPLE...I said it so many times and I will repeat it again - IS A COLOR THE ONLY VISUAL ATTRIBUTE IN THIS WORLD!?

Would this movie be ANY better if she had all blue hair - NO! cause everything else suck so much and she is not even close to looking like Bulma anyways etc...There is much more to faithfulness then color...
Its so negligible in this case, since nothing in this movie have anything to do with the Dragon Ball in the first place.

Also, please you have to realize that not WHOLE WORLD is USA, not whole world have that tradition that EVERYTHING sooner or later must end up as a live action movie, there are actually millions of people who oppose to that and dislike what they're doing with their beloved franchises(including many people from USA in the first place!)
I am sorry I really don't want to sound rude but Dragon Ball is not a sketch for today's US people and live action scripts, so that whenever you watch it, instead of focusing on whats actually shown in front of you(how can you sikp that super awesome artstyle?), you imagine the live action version of it and think of which actor would be good or not(nobody restricts you form that, thats cool, we all imagine, I imagine myself looking like Goku SSJ and such Razz BUT DO IT AFTER YOU WATCH THE SHOW not do it parallel so you dont focus at all on what you see.
Leave imagination for yourself, cause hollywood will distort it in their own filthy way not the way YOU or anyone else want).

So I 100% agree with that Hitler on DBE video, its PERFECTLY right, and perfectly humorously describing today's distorted logic of hollywood producers...
Definition of Unrealistic is not "Digression from the common taste of an average US citizen"
its "Digression from the laws of physics".

I am sorry if some parts of this text sound kinda harsh, but its really not my intention(caps lock is my habit Very Happy), its just that I wanna explain it clearly to you.
Thanx.

Edit: you posted before I answered Razz I gotta go now but I'll read and answer later Wink
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by bob Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:43 am

Lol i am not American i am actually Australian, just to clear that up for u Smile
I am a firm believer in the whole world doesn't revolve around the USA.

Everyone has different values and think about stuff differently. I am a fan of DB/Z not it's fame i even though of going on a quiz show here in Australia with my 'special subject' being DBZ, i know that much about it.
When u are so heavily engrossed in something, part of u wants to make other people watch it also, so u can talk to them about it.
Lol i really don't care about the general audience understanding db, just as long as my dad sees the movie. But i guess that required the general audience understanding it Razz

I would rather him like the db for what's it not, then hate it. That's just me, and u should respect my ways.

If they muck up dbz i might actually join this forum. Coz that story is sooo easy to follow.

bob

Back to top Go down

Post by 4Neodemon Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:54 am

bob wrote:Why are u guys so obsessed with DB to the extent that u make a protest site about it?
I mean, i mainly love dbz not really db, but i know a great deal about the show and is easily my favourite show by far. But them making a movie about it and changing stuff around does not seem to anger me. Sure u can get get a bit angry at some things they did, but in the end it's just an anime. Which most adults would see as a child's cartoon.

I guess really i just can't understand the mindset u guys have, but hey everyone's different.

DBE is bad. It's not the just the fact that it didn't resemble the manga or anime, that made it bad, it was also very poorly constructed. So many plot holes, terrible acting, terrible fight choreography, poor character development, mediocre special effects, an inconsistent story and a very short final battle...

Plus DBE goku is a pathetic superficial overrated american highschool punk bitch hero where is main goal is becoming popular in the school like the cheerleaders and make out with chi-chi..WTF??? Is that your hero?? Is that material to come to the internet and defend it????
Who the fuck are they marketing this to anyway? They've taken out the stuff that makes it good and different and replaced it with cliche shit.

Honestly... If i never knew DB (the anime\manga) i would only think DBE only as a popcorn commercial entertainment movie!!! Like the disney ones!!! I may like some of those movies, but that do not make them great.. because they are NOT!!!

I join the forum and the petiton because i am crazy about Dragon ball and i do not like what they have done to it!!! Hollywood have an huge commercialization power.. who knows what DB is going to become in the next few years and i do not want that to happens to one of my favourite things of all time!!!

PS : I have a life, But i also have time to defend the things i like!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
4Neodemon
4Neodemon
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by secor Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:59 am

bob wrote:*what bob said*
blue hair isnt unrealistic. first of all theres supposed to be talking animals, dinosaurs, and all kinds of stuff thats already "unrealistic" that if taken out of the world of dbz, well let me put it this way, u can take the dbz out of talking animals, but u cant take the talking animals out of dbz... not that thats a very coherent statment, but u know what i mean, when u take those things out of dbz it becomes something much less spectacular, i dont have a word to describe it, but i guess to me it just makes the db universe smaller. so if its "unrealistic" to take that out of dbz (my argument) then its unrealistic for every 3rd character not to have hair thats colored something other than red/black/brown/blonde, or extravagant hair in general (a genetic trait of all saiyans, ha). i'd like to be able to explain my point of view better than that, but me too stupid tongue
secor
secor
the portmanteauist
the portmanteauist

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by ningen Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:24 pm

^ Yes, that is one of those things that make DB universe so rich, abundant.
@Vegeta
Well put, my friend. But just to clear something up:
"Would this movie be ANY better if she had all blue hair - NO! cause everything else suck so much and she is not even close to looking like Bulma anyways etc...There is much more to faithfulness then color...
Its so negligible in this case, since nothing in this movie have anything to do with the Dragon Ball in the first place."
Like I said it's a minor detail. But that minor detail is a perfect example of what's wrong with this movie in general, if you understand me. Smile
@bob
You said after Vegeta's explanation-"I would rather him like the db for what's it not, then hate it. That's just me, and u should respect my ways."
I understand that you maybe need an approval from your dad, we all need it in some cases. But that is a wrong way to think.
I'm sorry I just want to make a little introduction, so you can freely skip this section if you're to busy. ( Again I will write about one big problem in the world. Why do we(by we I mean most of people) see a movie as a superior form of art? If I created a good comic\anime\game...if I wrote a good book I would never want to see it's movie adaptation. Why? Because, unlike most of people, I would not need that kind of "recognition".)
I understand you bob. You want to say to your father something like:"You see dad...that thing I like to watch and you hate..well Hollywood made a movie about it, so you see, it's very famous and it means something to a lot of people out there." And, now, I don't know if your father loves movies, I guess he does, like mine. Movies were something generally accepted, they still are...(And there's that answer to my question mentioned above.) They don't understand anime to them it's just some cartoons for the kids.(That's that 4kids logic I was talking about before.) Differences between generations are normal. Now I will imagine myself in your situation. My father's only complaint about anime is that it all looks the same to him, but he never bothered me much like:"Why are you watching that?" And that's because he thinks like this (and I'm glad he thought me that,one of the rare things he did, but I'm still grateful):Always try to expand your horizon, read a lot, watch a lot, experience a lot...so you will be able to say- ok, this I like, this I don't..you'll know what's good, what's not, because you'll become experienced enough, you will build up your taste, a fine taste." And that's what's important-your taste. In his case he knows a lot about the movies. So imagine me coming up to him and saying that stuff I wrote before. Now I wouldn't be too enthusiastic because I would be dissapointed (the movie is terrible). So he would ask me- So, what's wrong, you don't seem too happy about it? But let's say I act happy, and let's say he decides to watch it (he probably wouldn't do that, but let's say he does watch it)- he would come up to me and say:"Was that the thing you like so much? I'm sorry my son, but that's some pure shit."
And about what would you talk to your dad bob? When this movie has almost nothing in common with the DB in the first place. Your father has a different taste, just accept it, you don't have to prove nothing to him and I'm sure you can find something that interests you both.
Also Vegeta ftw- IS IT REALLY MORE IMPORTANT FOR SOME "NEW" PEOPLE(AND NOT FANS!) TO GRASP DB "REALISTICALLY"(and only realistically in the hollywoods way :/) THAN TO KEEP THE SPIRIT OF THE ORIGINAL SOURCE?!?!? I'D MUCH MUCH RATHER HAVE PEOPLE HATE DRAGON BALL FOR WHAT IT IS, THEN LOVE IT FOR WHAT ITS NOT!
Very Happy Beautifully said, my friend.
EDIT:
@bob- your question about Goku
https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com/discuss-about-anything-f2/why-do-westerners-think-japanese-anime-characters-are-white-t705.htm
This was not just about Goku, but you can find the answers there, if you're interested.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:08 am

Bob, Never mind that you are not American, I wouldn't have anything against you anyways of course, don't get me wrong.
I just wanted to say, well yes, you putted it nice, whole world does not revolve over USA, and their teenage audiences...

Ningen nicely said it:
You said after Vegeta's explanation-"I would rather him like the db for what's it not, then hate it. That's just me, and u should respect my ways."
I understand that you maybe need an approval from your dad, we all need it in some cases. But that is a wrong way to think.
If you really want your dad to start loving DB/Z you should show him the REAL DB/Z...
you said:
I would rather him like the db for what's it not, then hate it
I'm sorry but that is impure and distorted...AND WHICH IS ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS TO NOTICE ABOUT DB/Z AND GOKU HIMSELF!? - PURITY! so its quite contradicting to have such state yet to call yourself a DB fan...

I mean think about it, its like saying: "I'd rather spread a false information that I am the inventor of the...whatever...lets say internet...so people would love me, then to tell the truth about myself and be ignored/hated by many people..."

Its so WRONG and impure...
Look, trust me I am telling this for your own good! I believe that whenever one do something impure, fake and such and on top of it all kinda feel that its wrong, it will sooner or later come back at him worse than it looked and worse than he expected.

I would suggest you to do the right thing and just accept your father for not loving DB/Z OR PERHAPS! if he still didn't watch the cartoon, try to show it to him, but I would suggest you to leave him alone to watch it and not force him too much...
(btw if your father sees both DB/Z and DBE, and says "Pfff that cartoon thing is billion times better than this garbage!" then your father rocks! I would give him a medal! Very Happy

Also, forcing people to love something many times will just do a contra effect and make them start HATING IT, even though they were only not impressed by it before...(read - me, people around me and Warcraft Razz).

@ningen, Thanx my friend! I am glad you understand and like what I said It stands for your post! Wink and yeah I understand you of course, I just wanted to point out to bob that leaves don't matter when you don't even have a branch Wink(Yet another failed attempt to make my own proverb Sad ah well...Very Happy)
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum