Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Could somebody else have made this a good movie?

+3
justinlynch3
Jessica Raine
lol1991
7 posters

Go down

Could somebody else have made this a good movie? Empty Could somebody else have made this a good movie?

Post by Dracarot Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:51 am

I am a signer of the petition against any more of the DBE baloney, however when I first saw VegetaDTX's plan on YouTube I was all in agreement except where he said that you can't turn an Anime series into good live action.

Now don't get me wrong I don't think there's any chance of them being able to fix Dragonball Evolution, it would be like using duct tape to save the Titanic. lol! However what if we rebooted, now to save confusion we will call the original anime Version 1 of Dragon Ball and Dragonball evolution Version 2 despite its being an inferior version. Now then what if some actual decent director (James Cameron perhaps?) actually started over and went back to the Version story line with the only difference being that the movie was live action and perhaps a few changes to make sure the movie could fit into a set time? Would this be acceptable? Or Is there no chance in heck that Dragon Ball can become a succesful Live Action Movie that stays true to the story? Perhaps I'm foolishly optimistic or just desperate to see some good new DBZ stuff, but I think that somebody else could succeed by starting over. (Note that I said starting over and not salvaging DBE).

Dracarot

Back to top Go down

Could somebody else have made this a good movie? Empty Re: Could somebody else have made this a good movie?

Post by lol1991 Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:04 am

Dragon Ball is too crazy to be a good LAM
It's just...the entire concept of Dragon Ball wouldn't look good on the big screen, it just wouldn't.

Maybe Dragon Ball Z, that's a bit less crazy (don't confuse crazy in this sense with powerlevel crazy) would look better. It's more action and could be better done

DB just doesn't look good
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? Left_bar_bleue100/100Could somebody else have made this a good movie? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Could somebody else have made this a good movie? Empty Re: Could somebody else have made this a good movie?

Post by Jessica Raine Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:12 am

I agree with lol-kun!
also I hate when they make a LAM that tries to sum up the plot of an entire series...
Jessica Raine
Jessica Raine
Disfunctional robot
Disfunctional robot

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Could somebody else have made this a good movie? Left_bar_bleue100/100Could somebody else have made this a good movie? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://jessicaraine.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:51 am

I know, that simply doesn't work. Maybe a plot from one saga at a time, but not the entire series. It's to much information for a 1 1/2 - 2 hour movie.
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://thestoryuniverse.motion-forum.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Tlaloc Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:53 am

Well I am of those like the original poster that as while Fox has the rights of DB, only James Cameron can do it justice.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracarot Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:36 pm

Well now that I've actually registerd on this site I'll respond, after hearing the feed back I can see the point about all this not fitting in one movie, multiple movies might work though. The reason I didn't say multiple movies was my fear of that disease that did a good deal of damage to the Matrix and many other good movies, Sequelitis... Chibi Cell But I can see the problem of trying to shove to much plot down a persons throat. Now if it was done in sagas or so by a good director would it be possible?
Dracarot
Dracarot
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:04 am

Hey Dracarot, thanks for joining and thank you for sharing your opinion! its appreciated Smile

Now don't get me wrong I don't think there's any chance of them being able to fix Dragonball Evolution, it would be like using duct tape to save the Titanic. lol!
Nicely said! Very Happy

Now this following is my personal opinion on it:
I really don't like the idea of reboot either.
All this mine disagreement with anime-to-live action is coming from simple beliefs of mine that are:

1.A real LIVE ACTION with the real world actors simply even theoretically CANNOT be a good DBZ movie in my opinion, and as I am someone who really admires DBZ's visual side, that really sounds horrible to me.

2.Hollywood is BASED ON the cliche molds and trends in which they put all franchises that they adapt, and therefore change them tremendously, in all ways...visually, story-wise anyhow-wise.
They don't look at the source materials, they look at TRENDS and at what is currently "IN", so they're sure that at least pop-cultural(mainstream) side of the audience will watch it(and lets face it, they always bring them the biggest amount of money) and then on top of that they are hoping that fans will eventually buy it just because of the shear title and nothing else, so they kill two flies with one strike. Obviously and fortunately majority of DB fans didn't fall for that.

HOWEVER! if done by, for example, Square-Enix(the same people that made Final Fantasy Advent Children) in collaboration with Akira Toriyama, fully in 3D CG(except maybe environment) then definitely that could THEORETICALLY be an AMAZING adaptation, but in practice you never know until you see the trailer or some leaked pictures Smile
That was my opinion.

Thank you again for registering and for your opinion Smile

Last edited by VEGETA_DTX on Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracarot Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:31 am

NOw that last bit of yours about CGI might be brilliant, all we need to do now is insert some of the loyal followers on this website into hollywood, stage a bloodless coup to throw out the current producers and studio heads, and reorganize it under our control. This will allow us to control the production of movies and concordantly provide massive amounts of quality control and overhead to make Hollywood actually produce decent movies.

Any volunteers for infiltrating Hollywood?
Dracarot
Dracarot
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:33 am

^Hahah it would be great if we could change the way hollywood handles live action anime movie's but unfortunately I am afraid that is impossible Very Happy

I'd much rather leave it to the Japanese...don't you agree, I'm sure they'd do it much more faithful and precise to the source material, which IS The measurement of a good adaptation after all Smile

But to be honest with you, I believe that the best thing for DB franchise would be that people leave it alone to rest a bit Very Happy I simply believe that over-popularity is not a good thing itself...it can be, but most of the time it is very bad thing.
I mean greediness for more and more and more(regardless of already having tons of DB/Z stuff, all these DB/Z manga/series/movies/specials/games/cards/etc franchises) is what made DBE :/
So yeah, I hope you understand what I want to say.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracarot Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:40 am

ON the first bit, so long as the Japanese produce an English version then yeah.

I also see what you mean about the over popularity problem. But hey us fans feel like we need something to chow down on.
Dracarot
Dracarot
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:49 am

^Yeah of course that includes English version, like always.

And I understand you, but for me personally all this DB/Z franchise so far is perfectly enough, new DB/Z games are coming out every year, which is a great thing, I like to play many of them.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Knight Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:59 pm

yeah why change somethings that not broken or unpopular in its case people still loved it so why do this
Vampire Knight
Vampire Knight
Super Saiyan!
Super Saiyan!

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracarot Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:36 pm

Vampire Knight, that final statement is profound! I guess I just want to see some new good Dragon Ball material, when I should be satisfied with what does exist.

I think my shame count has just gone up big time.
Dracarot
Dracarot
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by VEGETA_DTX Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:58 am

Yes I absolutely agree with Vampire Knight, very nicely said, I personally always thought of it the exact same way.
VEGETA_DTX
VEGETA_DTX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down