Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo...

3 posters

Go down

Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... Empty Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo...

Post by Nikku Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:21 pm

I heard it was out so I blew all the dust off my PS3 and saw that it was.

Then I played the RB2 demo.

It sucks.

Spike have made the gameplay incredibly gimmicky. The worst thing has to be the new recovery system. Now instead of twirling the left analogue stick, you have to push the four face buttons (X, O, /\ and []) simultaniously. It takes longer and longer for your character to recover, the more health you've lost. When I played the demo, Gohan happily and constantly unleashed punch after punch after punch on the downed Goku as I continuously mashed the four buttons. He didn't stop attacking me until I was defeated. Can you say cheap much?

Spike have also altered several of the controls like they always do. Seriously, that company has got to start keeping the basic control system the same from now on. The animations make the game very confusing to play. For example, when doing a teleport hit (push [] when you send your opponent flying) there is this really long animation of your character teleporting to hit the opponent. I nearly lost the timing several times.

Raging Blast 1 was the second coming of Christ compared to this game.

NIKKU IS DISPLEASED.
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... Left_bar_bleue100/100Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... Empty Re: Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo...

Post by justinlynch3 Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:35 pm

I want a PS3 for God Of War collection, God Of War 3, Need For Speed: Shift, Need For Speed: Pro Street, the 3 Grand Theft Auto 4 games and I guess Saint Row 2 & 3 (Damn them fuckers only having Saints Row 1 on the 360. I don't want to buy a XBOX just to play 1FUCKING GAME!!!)

The Dragon Ball Z games was on the list, but these are sounding really disappointing.

Well, I'm almost finished with the trike, I only need to take it and get it repaired, I have the parts needed. After that I'm picking up a PS2 Slim (I already have a PS2 (fat model) but since there a $100, $120 with taxes in, I'm gonna get another encase the old one kicks the bucket on me.) Then the PS3.
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... Left_bar_bleue100/100Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://thestoryuniverse.motion-forum.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo... Empty Re: Just played the Raging Blast 2 demo...

Post by Nikku Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:28 pm

justinlynch3 wrote:I want a PS3 for God Of War collection, God Of War 3, Need For Speed: Shift, Need For Speed: Pro Street, the 3 Grand Theft Auto 4 games and I guess Saint Row 2 & 3 (Damn them fuckers only having Saints Row 1 on the 360. I don't want to buy a XBOX just to play 1FUCKING GAME!!!)

The Dragon Ball Z games was on the list, but these are sounding really disappointing.

Well, I'm almost finished with the trike, I only need to take it and get it repaired, I have the parts needed. After that I'm picking up a PS2 Slim (I already have a PS2 (fat model) but since there a $100, $120 with taxes in, I'm gonna get another encase the old one kicks the bucket on me.) Then the PS3.

I know! I had to shell out £50 for an X-Bollox just to play the Dead or Alive games. Microsoft don't know how lucky they are that the DOA games were good. Not even their awful controller design could make the DOA series unfun! Then they brought out the 360 about 3 effing years after the first one (just to get a head start in the future console war) and DOA4 went straight to that. Luckily though, I've been hearing tons of rumours and speculation that DOA5 might be coming out for the PS3.

PS3 needs to start getting more exclusives; everytime a PS exclusive series goes to the X-Bollox 360, the 360 fanboys all gloat about it. Seriously, Dragonball Z, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Tekken, Street Fighter, Resident Evil, etc. Tekken 6 was supposed to be out on consoles in 2008, but because Namco suddenly decided to port it to the 360 as well, we had to wait a whole nother year for it. And then it had content taken out and less powerful graphics because the 360 is less powerful than the PS3.

Sorry to go off on a rant, its just I hate that system.

Also, LMFAO at the complaining the 360 fanboys did when the Joker was revealed to be an exclusive playable character on the PS3 version of Batman: Arkham Asylum! ^____^ Here's hoping Harley is playable on the PS3 version only of Arkham City! Fingers crossed!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:20 pm

You have to remember that games was much cheap to build for the PS2. Not to mention the PS2 had by far the largest gaming community. I had a PS2 2 years after release, who didn't have a PS2? They could make exclusives on PS2 and make back more then enough money to payback their expenses.

PS3/360, despite the 360 shity as hell reliability of something like 54% of the systems failing (at least the original models, it's mildly better now), both systems are doing well. With both systems doing well, and game expense much higher now. Multi platforming makes more sense for developers, thus why many that was suppose to be exclusive are now going to both systems.

PS3 does have some, like Killzone, etc, XBOX has Halo and whatnot. Many go to both now though, at least until one system starts overtaking the other.
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:55 pm

Well, you just confirmed what I was thinking all along. It sounds to me like Spike truly thinks Swapping Buttons=Creativity/Making the Game Feel different.

Well, guess what, Spike. It doesn't. BT2 is still the best, I take it?

By the way, I played the Tag Team demo. That game is also a mess. Tag Team matches are as messy as I thought they'd be.

Just look at the new Ninja Storm game. It blows any Spike game out of the water, and the story looks fantastic. That game actually makes it look like you're playing the Anime.

Why do we DB fans get relegated with the garbage from Spike while Naruto fans get a good developer in CyberConnect?
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://blogs.ign.com/I_LIKE_TURTLES

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Who knows.

Spike had a great game with BT3, if they wanted a PS3 release, they should of took BT3 and added every character imaginable, maybe a few tweaks released BT4 then passed it on to someone else.

But no, they reboot the series with Raging Blast, such a shame.
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:40 pm

Son Goku wrote:Well, you just confirmed what I was thinking all along. It sounds to me like Spike truly thinks Swapping Buttons=Creativity/Making the Game Feel different.

Well, guess what, Spike. It doesn't. BT2 is still the best, I take it?

By the way, I played the Tag Team demo. That game is also a mess. Tag Team matches are as messy as I thought they'd be.

Just look at the new Ninja Storm game. It blows any Spike game out of the water, and the story looks fantastic. That game actually makes it look like you're playing the Anime.

Why do we DB fans get relegated with the garbage from Spike while Naruto fans get a good developer in CyberConnect?

Tenkaichi 2 was my all time favorite DBZ game. Everytime I play it, I just wonder why Spike messed up so badly. BT2 had the best soundtrack, best gameplay, best customisation and its roster was large without having unnecasery characters such as Frieza Soldier and Appule brought forth in the Wii version and BT3.

BT3 changed many of the controls and just followed the phrase "if it 'aint broke don't fix it" to a tee. The lack of manual lock on/off and free roam killed the experience for me. The story mode took me about 3 hours to fully complete as opposed to BT2's week. And even then I re-did every fight in BT2's story mode on the hardest difficulty. BT3's difficulty was increased unfairly, characters were de-powered, returning stages recieved no updates at all. It was a crap experience playing BT3 and me and the game have never seen eye to eye. We grew to have a grudging respect for each other I guess, where as me and BT2 had an intense affair. If BT2 was a person I would've married it.

Raging Blast was (as with all PS3 sequels) lazy. It took out tons of characters, had rubbish graphics, had (yet again) a completely altered control scheme, stupid to get trophies/achievements, lack of moves from BT2 and 3, lack of stages with no new ones added and more. But I did sort of like it a little. Remember the key word here; "Little"

Raging Blast 2 has no story mode, AGAIN severely altered controls, still less characters than BT2, unfair and very cheap difficulty, the worst recovery system I have ever seen, the gameplay has been made to look more cinematic but at a cost of not feeling weird as hell to play. And the mini game during the loading screen is just a series of buttons to press. Why can't we get DP like in RB1? And its the return of the unnecaserycharacters; why are Cooler's henchemen playable?? Yes the graphics look pretty, but good graphics don't make a good game Spike and neither does altering the controls EVERY DAMN GAME YOU PRODUCE.

Spike needs to pick a control scheme and stick with it. The only time they positively revamped the gameplay engine completely was BT2. That was because BT1 sucked major arse, every character had one combo and played exactly the same. BT2 was so good, but it would be the only great entry into the Tenkaichi series for me... Crying or Very sad
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:35 pm

I don't care about story mode that much, I passes it once then is finished with it, and go's on single/multi player. Gameplay wise I like BT3 more. I never had a use for locking off a character, I play DBZ to fight, not to hide, so BT3 auto lock on meant little to me.

And I didn't find that much of a difference between the two games. I jumped straight into BT3 from BT2 and knew all the basics. Few little things to learn and that was it.
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:35 am

I don't care for the story at this point since I know it like the back of my hand and I think Spike knows the fans know the story by now.

Nikku are you sure you have to press all the face buttons at the same time or do you just mash them randomly? I'm planning on playing the demo soon, hopefully today so I'll be able to come back here with a better view on the game, though I'm sure I know what it's going to be for the most part.

There are so many things that are annoying about these games. Why are SSJ3 Vegeta and Broly separate characters? Because they never went SSJ3 in the show? Who freaking cares at this point? SSJ4 was a transformation for adult Goku in BT2, as well as the Dimps Budokai games.

What really bothers me is the overall lack of combos, the robotic animations, p***-poor physics engine and environment reactions, too-small stages, and the visuals overall that look okay on character models, but look like some kind of quasi-realistic environments that look like puke.

Just take a look at the latest Naruto game. That's the direction the DB games need to take, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Spike seems to be totally dry on ideas and motivation at this point. I hope Namco-Bandai puts a new developer group in charge, because these games are the same thing over and over. Actually they seem to be decreasing in quality.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:41 pm

Son Goku wrote:I don't care for the story at this point since I know it like the back of my hand and I think Spike knows the fans know the story by now.

Nikku are you sure you have to press all the face buttons at the same time or do you just mash them randomly? I'm planning on playing the demo soon, hopefully today so I'll be able to come back here with a better view on the game, though I'm sure I know what it's going to be for the most part.

There are so many things that are annoying about these games. Why are SSJ3 Vegeta and Broly separate characters? Because they never went SSJ3 in the show? Who freaking cares at this point? SSJ4 was a transformation for adult Goku in BT2, as well as the Dimps Budokai games.

What really bothers me is the overall lack of combos, the robotic animations, p***-poor physics engine and environment reactions, too-small stages, and the visuals overall that look okay on character models, but look like some kind of quasi-realistic environments that look like puke.

Just take a look at the latest Naruto game. That's the direction the DB games need to take, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Spike seems to be totally dry on ideas and motivation at this point. I hope Namco-Bandai puts a new developer group in charge, because these games are the same thing over and over. Actually they seem to be decreasing in quality.

Yup yup!

I'm sure you have to push all the buttons at once. Sliding my right thumb over buttons quickly didn't do s**t. For the next story mode, they should make a totally original story with multiple plot twists and stuff! That would be great! Shin Budokai 2 had the right idea with its story mode, but it was just poorly executed; the story started out original but quickly degenerated into a carbon copy of the Buu saga only with Future Trunks there. I mean, Ultimate Gohan got absorbed again, as did Gotenks and Piccolo, Vegeta turned into a Majin again, Kid Buu blew up the Earth again, you know?

Also, I loved how Goku's pants changed from orange to yellow when he transformed into an SSJ4 in the Dimps games and BT2! INSTANT CLOTHING CHANGE TRANSFORMATION!!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:31 pm

That's so lame. I'm about to go download the demo.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:00 pm

Good luck surviving it!
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:22 pm

Okay, I played it.

The rearranged button system sucks compared to Tenkaichi 2's.

The graphics for the character models clashes with the graphics for the levels.

Raging Soul or whatever that new power-up mode where the RB2 theme plays was a neat idea, but it's basically Max Ki mode from Tenkaichi 2 split into two different modes. Also, this mode gets ruined by the fact that characters always have a hang time after they perform an animation. I want to warp all over the place rapidly then hit my opponent but I can't because once I get to the opponent and hit the attack button, my character just stands there for a second to complete a pointless animation. This gives my opponent the time to start a combo on me. Basically, Raging Soul gets rendered useless by shoddy animation priorities.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down