Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie.

+5
ningen
lol1991
Tlaloc
secor
DBLAGURU
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie.

Post by Tlaloc Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:36 pm

OK GURU, want to talk on the DBE movie? Well here I come! But first let me suggest you to read this thread of mine:
https://liveactionprotest.forumotion.com/discuss-about-anything-f2/dragon-ball-and-me-t300.htm

I remember when I was high school, that I used to say what if they made Neon Genesis Evangelion into a live action movie. I kept saying that the perfect director would be Tim Burton, but I was not with the idea that there could be a Dragon Ball live action movie.

The I saw The Matrix, I was amazed and imagined it was the nearest thing to a DB movie. Later the Lord Of The Rings movies came, and they were the ones that actually made me believe that DB can be done on the silver screen. 2002 came and with it the big news that Fox had adquired the rights for DB, so it was only a matter of time untill we got the movies and back then I liked the X-Men movies so I had the idea they would be similar.

And so in my mind I made a script, on how to adapt all of Dragon Ball into a single movie, so the next movie would be DBZ (not all of DBZ, but the first saga). This because I knew many people would want the DBZ movies soon, so I would only make one DB movie and because as I would use a young boy or young teen actor as Goku; he would grow up too fast to last various DB movies (not to mention that people could get tired of the DB movies). Of course I considered that there would be no chance my script would be picked, but I was wondering, who knows, maybe I would be the one to direct the film. If not me, then at least they would direct a grade A director like Peter Jackson.

Time passed by, along with rumors for the film. Then 2007 came in and they gave the news that the movie would be made, first I read the news that James Wong was the director. This made me lost the illusion that a top director would be involved, but got into thinking that maybe he will got it right and become more known from doing DB. But then I read of all the changes made... affraid . WTF!? That was no longer Dragon Ball.

Who the bloody hell is Agundes???? And who the f*ck are Carey Fuller, Emi and Teto (agachate y te la meto)????!!!! Why is Goku a teenager and in love with Chi Chi?????!!!!

I couldn't believe it that this was what we were getting! After reading that I was hoping the project would be scrapped but no, it was done that way and worse, in my country! For which I am very ashamed!

The movie doesn't capture the true spirit of Dragon Ball (not to mention that before adding the "Evolution" word, it is called Dragonball, a single word, not Dragon Ball or DragonBall, but Dragonball). Goku is meant to be an innocent child and despite he grows up, he remains child like. Children have a very powerful presence in DB. In DB we have Goku (at least before grows older), from the Saiyan to Cell sagas we have Gohan; in the Buu saga we have Goten and Trunks and in DBGT we get Goku again along with Pan. Instead, we get a cliché emo teen drama that we get everyday; with current young U.S. audiences in mind.

That is wrong, I was planning to made the film aimed at a worldwide audience as DB is a japanese concept (no other nation has the right to make it like if it is "theirs", pretty much how U.S.A. does it) and loved worldwide. But it is all wrong, wrong, WRONG!

And for standing up to this crap, pseudofans who have the upper hand call us, weaboos, narrow minded for not accepting another view, that we have no life, whiny bithces, cry babies, that we should be thankful they are doing a movie of this like this and many other things. And yet there are people who say they don't like the movie, but will give money to the terrorists err... FOX to see it. Anything to see us critics of the film as the bad guys in this. They intimidate and censor us since they know we have no chance. But I rather go down fighting than just accept it, like if I had no life. I am not another brick in the wall.

I have been planning to place here the ideas from my script, but I am afraid that Robert Dodrill may believe I ripped off some ideas from him (for example both we agree that in a single movie encompasing all of Dragon Ball, the Red Ribbon army would be the one to libertate Piccolo from the rice cooker). And also I fear that someone else may steal other of my ideas. I know for example changes must be made to adapt, but they didn't adapted DB, they deform it into something totally different and ugly. I also had changes in my script (like that of Piccolo and Red Ribbon) but no way would I alter the spirit of DB.

It seems hard that the film will be canned, it will be a stain in DB's legacy which the cure would be actually great made films; but this may no longer be possible.

Not sure what else I could add.

Tlaloc
Payaso Tenebroso
Payaso Tenebroso

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 Empty Re: So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie.

Post by ningen Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:39 am

^ Yes, this is not an adaptation, this thing, except for it's name and the names of some characters, has nothing to do with DB.
Dblaguru is temporarily banned.
ningen
ningen
daggermouth
daggermouth

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100So I heard this was a popular fansite of the movie. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2