Live Action Movie Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm by Chulance

» Ghost In The Shell LAM
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm by Tlaloc

» The Ninja Turtles will be aliens
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 am by Tlaloc

» Greetings
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am by Tlaloc

» Still on the anime bill
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am by Tlaloc

» Dragon Ball Z/GT Interesting Facts
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm by Starry994

» Dragon Ball Z: The Battle Of Gods
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm by justinlynch3

» Superman vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm by Terraqueous

» Happy Birthday topic
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:24 pm by justinlynch3

» Cell vs Doomsday
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm by Chulance

» Dragonball Z Saiyan saga
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm by justinlynch3

» JAPANESE DRAGON BALL MOVIE (AKIRA TORIYAMA INVOLVED!)
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:47 am by Superman

» All anime's you watch!
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am by Superman

» Hello!
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am by justinlynch3

» New RP. " Land of Myths"
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am by justinlynch3

» Naruto Mirage
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm by luxin

» Rise of the Ultimate Villian
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:45 pm by Godsend

» Dragon Ball: The Episode Of Bardock [ 17. Decembar 2011 ]
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 am by hasnainssjbardock

» Ask Tite Kubo
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 am by *KING* Kazuma Hiro

Affiliates & Friends
Son Goku's Blog
Dragonball movie boicot
free forum
BG Anime
AMV Haos
Crtani Junaci
free forum
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 554 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 am

Dragon Ball Z Kai Report

+2
4Neodemon
Dracarot
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Report

Post by Nikku Mon May 31, 2010 10:40 am

Son Goku wrote:
Nikku wrote:I wanna see them to see how bad they are!

I also heard that they edited out Bardock's scar. Is it... awful piece of information true??

Oh, wow...wow!!! Those rumors are actually true! Look!!!

Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 DBZKAI_edits_1

*Blinks and rubs eyes*

Those mother f***ers... What the hell is this??? Look at that Avatar show; there's some guy in that with this massive burn mark that covers half his face and thats on Nicktoons, why the hell didn't they keep the scar for Bardock!?

Honestly, does DBZ have some special curse that makes the people who edit it completely stupid? Thats just insane.

And another thing, why do characters in DBZ (and almost all other anime) have their ciggerattes (sp) edited out? Kid's shows such as Dexter's Lab and the Powerpuff Girls have characters smoking. And take a look at Tom and Jerry; not only is that show much MUCH more violent than dubbed and edited anime, but the cat and mouse are even shown smoking several times!

Censorship was really effing stupid, but after seeing this... its just retarded. I mean, why the hell did they take out a damn scar??
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Mon May 31, 2010 10:50 am

Okay, I checked my recordings and the first episode showed up. I checked out the part with Bardock and it was true, he was clean as a whistle. Then when they cut to the Dragon Ball overview part, they crappily edited the Kanji text into 'Tenkaichi Budouki' - I mean it was noticeably edited in there.

Here's the part that made me pretty mad. The narrator then said "Goku married his childhood sweetheart, Chi Chi." Okay, that's some Dragonball Evolution BS right there. Here I was thinking Funimation hated that movie, yet with that statement and Goku later saying he was terrified of Nappa and Vegeta in the Raditz fight, leads me to believe they're trying to put some continuity in with DBE (trying to make Goku like Chatwin's rendition in that movie).

I then promptly deleted the timer. A big middle finger to you, Nicktoons, and I thought that I'd never say this, but a big middle finger to you as well, Funimation.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:
Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://blogs.ign.com/I_LIKE_TURTLES

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Mon May 31, 2010 11:11 am

Sadly, I have to agree. I just lost a lot of respect points for funimation.
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

http://thestoryuniverse.motion-forum.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikku Mon May 31, 2010 12:43 pm

Son Goku wrote:Okay, I checked my recordings and the first episode showed up. I checked out the part with Bardock and it was true, he was clean as a whistle. Then when they cut to the Dragon Ball overview part, they crappily edited the Kanji text into 'Tenkaichi Budouki' - I mean it was noticeably edited in there.

Here's the part that made me pretty mad. The narrator then said "Goku married his childhood sweetheart, Chi Chi." Okay, that's some Dragonball Evolution BS right there. Here I was thinking Funimation hated that movie, yet with that statement and Goku later saying he was terrified of Nappa and Vegeta in the Raditz fight, leads me to believe they're trying to put some continuity in with DBE (trying to make Goku like Chatwin's rendition in that movie).

I then promptly deleted the timer. A big middle finger to you, Nicktoons, and I thought that I'd never say this, but a big middle finger to you as well, Funimation.

Oh you're joking!! "Childhood sweetheart"?? Goku being afraid?? Complete bollocks. Next he'll be saying "he's not ready for this"...
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku
Nikku

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Mon May 31, 2010 1:08 pm

Nikku wrote:
Son Goku wrote:Okay, I checked my recordings and the first episode showed up. I checked out the part with Bardock and it was true, he was clean as a whistle. Then when they cut to the Dragon Ball overview part, they crappily edited the Kanji text into 'Tenkaichi Budouki' - I mean it was noticeably edited in there.

Oh you're joking!! "Childhood sweetheart"?? Goku being afraid?? Complete bollocks. Next he'll be saying "he's not ready for this"...

You realize it's coming, don't you.
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracarot Mon May 31, 2010 7:33 pm

Upon further review, I realize I was overly optimistic so... I guess it's time to bive up all faith in Dragon Ball Remakes and just slaughter anybody other than Akira Toriyama who messes with the plotline. Unless we the people of this site do it, shall we all pledge fealty to Toriyama and begin our war?
Dracarot
Dracarot
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by 4Neodemon Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:07 am

Nikku wrote:

Oh, wow...wow!!! Those rumors are actually true! Look!!!

Dragon Ball Z Kai Report - Page 2 DBZKAI_edits_1

*Blinks and rubs eyes*

Those mother f***ers... What the hell is this??? Look at that Avatar show; there's some guy in that with this massive burn mark that covers half his face and thats on Nicktoons, why the hell didn't they keep the scar for Bardock!?

Honestly, does DBZ have some special curse that makes the people who edit it completely stupid? Thats just insane.

And another thing, why do characters in DBZ (and almost all other anime) have their ciggerattes (sp) edited out? Kid's shows such as Dexter's Lab and the Powerpuff Girls have characters smoking. And take a look at Tom and Jerry; not only is that show much MUCH more violent than dubbed and edited anime, but the cat and mouse are even shown smoking several times!

Censorship was really effing stupid, but after seeing this... its just retarded. I mean, why the hell did they take out a damn scar??

So true... those are my thougths too!!
If we want to see DB, we just have to stick with the original... Even with filler, its still better than Kai.
Instead of making a remake with new animation, killer fights and lots of blood, they do that censored thing... DB Kai sucks!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
All hail the original DB cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by 4Neodemon on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
4Neodemon
4Neodemon
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:09 am

So very true my friend.
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:06 am

Guys, we may be jumping the gun on DBZK.

It appears the edits are done for the T.V. version of Kai, from what I heard on DBG on gamefaqs, the DVD's will NOT have all these retarded edits. Meaning blood, scars, it all will be included.

Here is a site here listing all edits for the television version of Kai.

http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13408

If this is indeed true, Kai may yet turn out awesome.
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracarot Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:25 am

Hallelujah, tis a miracle!
Dracarot
Dracarot
Adult Saiyan
Adult Saiyan

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:54 am

That wasn't my concern anyway since I knew the ridiculous amount of editing was only for the Nicktoons version and not the DVD version. It's just a shame that the version that you don't have to pay for is riddled with bad editing.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:59 am

Well, Nicktoons version is so edited, I've heard they will be airing it on 4Kids as well.
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Son Goku Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:35 pm

They basically edited out every connecting hit by either cutting them completely, part of it, or replacing the frame of the connecting hit to a white flash.
Son Goku
Son Goku
Big Boss
Big Boss

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Seriously, that's ridicules.

*Sigh*, Dragon Ball Z was so much better back in the days it used to air on YTV. They'd slap a warning at the beginning of the show, then just play the damn thing. Granted there was some edits, but fairly minor stuff like changing blood to spit.

These days, they edit everything. Seriously, do they even bother putting a viewer warning on DBZK? It'd be pointless if they did.
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by lol1991 Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:01 pm

You guys talk, but the old DB was just as badly edited as this one

Actually, localization companies have evolved GREATLY over the last decade.
VA are actually good now. Before they just plain sucked. I mean, look at Sailor Moon for example.

Now, you got dubs that actually supass the original in some aspects, like Darker than Black, FLCL and Baccano!

Keep an open mind here, don't forget that this is airing for kids, not for our personal nostalgia.
lol1991
lol1991
Resident Sniper
Resident Sniper

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by justinlynch3 Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:04 pm

Good point.
justinlynch3
justinlynch3
Perfection
Perfection

Character sheet
Main character info:
Level, Stats and Skills:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2